2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

41 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It’s true. Men in Texas are not responding well to the 12oz roll or sage blend. There are indications that until the 16oz roll is returned to market they will go back to making their own sausage like they did thirty years ago, despite agreeing that it’s not as good.

35 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Is this some gay subcode?  Because....it feels like it. 

image.gif.bec7a842e0f6ead312fe4e60a6aff7fd.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Young voters increasingly don’t want to affiliate with either party formally, but we all know they vote primarily Democrat 

Sort of the way I am. I wouldn't be so gung-ho Dem if their opponents weren't looking to upend the whole republic. 

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

That's a pretty weak plan, TBH. I hope that's the worst of what we see. "but but the polls"

10 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Especially since the Secretary of State in almost every important state is a Democrat.  GA being the exception and they've already told Trump to fuck off and will again.

Both of these.

Also, it's easy to point to 2012 and 2016's polling errors to counter any of the polling narrative.

11 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

How many county GOPs are going to be screaming this in the next two weeks?  It's their play.  Sow doubt among the populace and it makes it easier to claim fraud.  Again.

100% this is the plan and the play.  The GQP is the party of lies, all lies, and only lies.  It's all they are, it's all they have.  They are going all-in on telling lies.  

They will inspire violence.  They will cause unrest.  There will be attacks on government bodies.  We are going to have to shoot them.  It's what they want.  So FAFO.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Generally, there have been times when that was true. Presidents haven't done much if anything to fundamentally change how the country work or the principles of the republic. Things are different now.

So much this.  It's a GENERALLY true sentiment ("who the president is really doesn't have much impact on me").  But it can change under an extreme outlier.

Analogy: your local water utility has had a general manager of some sort your entire life.  Who that person is has very little effect on your life, precisely BECAUSE each of those GMs runs the utility in line with its established systems and norms.  They don't make any radical, irrational changes.  They tweak and improve processes here and there - some of their ideas work, some don't.  But at the end of the day, you turn on your faucet, and clean water comes out, no matter who is the GM.  BUT....when Insane Idiot GM takes over, shuffles all of the infrastructure maintenance dollars to contracts with his son, Jared Kushner, only focuses on getting clean water to the neighborhoods that supported him politically, and purposefully lets the system feeding neighborhoods that didn't support him go to shit, and implements draconian billing policies that he uses arbitrarily to shut off the water of people who didn't support him, you will notice the FUCK out of hwo your water utility GM is.  

That's the whole fucking point.  A competent leader runs things so that you forget you have a leader (with some exception in times of crisis/black swan events).  If your leader is in the news every day, and you're not at fucking war, then HE IS A SHIT LEADER.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Whatever this story is would be in an out of the news in less than 5 minutes. Regarding Trump, nothing matters anymore. 

Bolded the only thing that matters.  The story could be Trump raping infants to death, on video, chanting "hail Satan!" while cupping Putin's balls......and he would probably GAIN voters.  Nothing matters.  Nothing.  46% of our country is irrevocably in thrall to a cult of insanity.  We have no way out, and their poison will eventually kill us all.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

And they have everyday Americans talking this way.  A buddy of mine taken in by Fox News talks openly about closing the border completely.  He's the son of an immigrant himself.  When I point that out, he just says it's different now, man.

The bolded is a particular chunk of idiocy that doesn't get enough attention.  The economic devastation of an actual border closure?  Fucking hell, BILLIONS of dollars in no time.  Hell, when abbott implemented just a slowdown at the border, it cost the US economy NEARLY A BILLION DOLLARS A DAY.

"Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's short-lived policy of requiring state troopers to conduct secondary inspections of trucks crossing into Texas from Mexico cost the United States almost $9 billion in just 10 days."

36 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It’s true. Men in Texas are not responding well to the 12oz roll or sage blend. There are indications that until the 16oz roll is returned to market they will go back to making their own sausage like they did thirty years ago, despite agreeing that it’s not as good.

Good sir, perhaps you should be added to the newsletter distribution list for my new political party, the FUCK, I WANNA EAT, GODDAMMIT party.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Both of these.

Also, it's easy to point to 2012 and 2016's polling errors to counter any of the polling narrative.

Or 2008.  Swing state poll averages in 2008 and 2012 underestimated Obama‘s strength in every state but one- GA (IRRC). 
In most of the swing states they missed low by 4+

• Hook 'Em 2

Just remember - winning campaigns don’t scream about voting machines in TEXAS of all places changing votes.

That would he like like Ted Lieu or Katie Porter saying machines in California are changing votes and it’s rigged already 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Understood, but in my opinion Nevada is both the most likely Biden state to flip this cycle. 

Inflation hit the hospitality industry hard. Wouldn't surprise me to see NV flip as a result. 

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Sort of the way I am. I wouldn't be so gung-ho Dem if their opponents weren't looking to upend the whole republic. 

Yep. I don’t consider myself that liberal. I think that wokeism is out of hand and damaging to the American psyche. You have a generation of young people now more worried about pronouns and having female leads in movies than about improving their lives and their communities. 

But goddamn, on the other side there’s religious (and often hypocritical) zealots openly trying to institute a theocracy, with some racism and general toxicity mixed in to their messages. While both sides are bad, to me one is clearly worse for the country 

12 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IMG_5045.thumb.jpeg.ff76063832582e2d1a717f79510afdd6.jpeg

damn issues in Williamson co and Tarant, sure sure lmao

So, votes being changed to Harris but not Allred? Seems like a flaw in the vote-changing software. Can we get someone on that? 

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yep. I don’t consider myself that liberal. I think that wokeism is out of hand and damaging to the American psyche. You have a generation of young people now more worried about pronouns and having female leads in movies than about improving their lives and their communities. 

Do they really? I mean that kind of nonsense always dominated twitter but that platform has a great power to make fringe opinions seem more popular than they really are.

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Taylor ‘24

”Somebody needs their ass kicked”

If you don't think that Randy Taylor is my pick to be my running mate, you haven't been paying attention.  "Brisket/Taylor 2028 - no more fucking pussy rolls of sausage! Fuck, we wanna eat, goddammit!"

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Oh that's bullshit fear mongering. The people concerned about that are actually all on the right. 

• Hook 'Em 8

Just now, The Dog said:

there was ONE instance where a voter saw his ballot had Harris instead of Trump. they spoiled the ballot and he was able to submit another. most likley the dumb bastard fat-fingered it.

Or hit it wrong on purpose to make the news. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I think this makes a lot of sense.  There are no new votes for Trump to tap into.  The strategy is to get out as much of the base as possible, demoralize opposition voters and seed doubt in the election outcome to try to take the presidency through the courts.

Trump Has Given Up Persuading Undecided Voters

October 23, 2024 at 9:04 am EDT By Taegan Goddard113 Comments

It’s quite telling that, in recent weeks, Donald Trump has been canceling scheduled mainstream media appearances. Some reports suggest “exhaustion” as the cause.

But it could also be that his campaign is trying to avoid giving Kamala Harris more material to use against him.

There’s a reason Harris encourages people to watch a Trump rally and plays clips of him at her own events.

Trump isn’t presenting himself well—especially to undecided voters.

From Vanity Fair:

How did Donald Trump spend one of his last weekends before November 5? Did he drill down on policy, finally explaining to voters how he plans to make childcare affordable? Did he apologize to the various minority groups he’s said should have their heads “examined” for supporting Kamala Harris? Did he cogently and convincingly lay out the case for why he deserves a second term in the White House? Not exactly!

Instead, he talked about the size of a famous golfer’s penis, pretended to be a fast-food worker at a closed McDonald’s, and claimed every single goose in Springfield, Ohio, has gone missing.

Trump certainly knows how to grab the media’s attention with these stunts, tapping into his entertainer instincts.

However, none of this seems to be swaying undecided voters in his favor.

https://politicalwire.com/2024/10/23/trump-has-given-up-persuading-undecided-voters/

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Oh that's bullshit fear mongering. The people concerned about that are actually all on the right. 

Yeah that’s what a right wing troll thinks young people are like. It’s Twitter nonsense 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, The Dog said:

there was ONE instance where a voter saw his ballot had Harris instead of Trump. they spoiled the ballot and he was able to submit another. most likley 100% CERTAINTY the dumb bastard fat-fingered it.

FIF truth.

Dumbasses often fat-finger and misread their electronic ballots.

The strongest demographic voting Trump is "complete dumbasses."

So, you can see how this could happen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

FIF truth.

100% hit the wrong button and didn’t notice until the review screen. Or didn’t look at the review screen, hit print and then saw it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, tx ind said:

A voting machine in NW Harris County just got the big D.  Considered wearing my 11 year old daughter’s Taylor Swift shirt but decided against it as I didn’t have time to fight off all the trim that would be getting moist because my gut sticking out.

IMG_4871.thumb.jpeg.288d4e5e779433f19549c8c29bc3764c.jpeg

I'd love you to explain how you and your 11 year old daughter wear the same size shirts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

It’s a legitimate concern that seems very prevalent. To me the bullshit fearmongering is all the trans/bathroom stuff. 

Just now, Js1 said:

100% hit the wrong button and didn’t notice until the review screen. Or didn’t look at the review screen, hit print and then saw it. 

Yep.

But in MAGA land, Occam's Razor does not exist.  The truth is NEVER the simple and obvious answer.  No...it MUST have been that he entered his vote for Trump perfectly, and a signal from an Italian satellite using Venezuelan software was amplified by some swamp gas from a weather balloon that was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus right into the voting machine to change the vote from Trump to Harris.  DUH.  DO YOUR RESEARCH, SHEEPLE!

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If you don't think that Randy Taylor is my pick to be my running mate, you haven't been paying attention.  "Brisket/Taylor 2028 - no more fucking pussy rolls of sausage! Fuck, we wanna eat, goddammit!"

Anti geekaroid

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

FIF truth.

I left out the possible scenario that he did it on purpose for content creation/rage bait.

But stupidity is most likely. ;)

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

oh Jesus, I didn’t have Chris Cuomo shifting to the far right on my 2024 elections bingo card

New York conservative Dem who thinks he got cancelled by the woke mob? This was inevitable as the sunrise.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

In Charlotte today - Uber driver had to put on Fox and friends. As annoying as it was, it's pretty easy to see why so many people fall for their pitch. If you're just mindlessly listening and not thinking critically (and without a memory longer than a goldfish), it all sounds kinda great. And unfortunately, mindless, not critical, and short memory are the hallmarks of a large portion of this country. 

1*, no tip. You have to be a special kind of stupid to be in a service job and subject your customers to your politics. Half of your customers are going to disagree with you and that’s going to have an adverse impact on your income.

• Hook 'Em 7

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It’s a legitimate concern that seems very prevalent. To me the bullshit fearmongering is all the trans/bathroom stuff. 

“Seems” being the operative word. Seems, because that is what you hear screeched at you by the right wing media. How many contentious conversations have you had with a young person about the gender of a lead in a movie or some other woke issue you think is so concerning. In the real world.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

“Seems” being the operative word. Seems, because that is what you hear screeched at you by the right wing media. How many contentious conversations have you had with a young person about the gender of a lead in a movie or some other woke issue you think is so concerning. In the real world.

I like how you assume he has regular conversations with people in the real world. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

1*, no tip. You have to be a special kind of stupid to be in a service job and subject your customers to your politics. Half of your customers are going to disagree with you and that’s going to have an adverse impact on your income.

Yup, I’m either asking them to change the channel or giving them 1 star, no tip. Fuck my own Uber star rating. 

In 2015, I had an Uber driver (older White lady) in Houston try to tell me how the country needs turnip as president and how much he would help the Black community. My response was “oh really…” and then proceeded to go off on her idiocy. I made her drop me off a few blocks before my destination and just walked the rest of the way.

Uber is like the gym—do NOT have any political channels on, just smooth jazz or sports.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

How many employees lost wages for a political stunt?

Of all the things to make fun of Trump for, staging a photo op ain't even on the list. Even if he wasn't an incredibly stupid, socially awkward human being, the dude has had two attempts on his life in the past few months. There was no way he was going to "work at" an open McDonald's accepting random people.

Just now, aggie08 said:

Of all the things to make fun of Trump for, staging a photo op ain't even on the list. Even if he wasn't an incredibly stupid, socially awkward human being, the dude has had two attempts on his life in the past few months. There was no way he was going to "work at" an open McDonald's accepting random people.

I was commenting on the shitbag owner who closed his business for a political stunt. 

This was actually a savvy move by dOTArd. We make fun of it, because he's fat and stupid, but his supporters eat that shit up like a 2 for 1 mcrib special. 

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.

But in MAGA land, Occam's Razor does not exist.  The truth is NEVER the simple and obvious answer.  No...it MUST have been that he entered his vote for Trump perfectly, and a signal from an Italian satellite using Venezuelan software was amplified by some swamp gas from a weather balloon that was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus right into the voting machine to change the vote from Trump to Harris.  DUH.  DO YOUR RESEARCH, SHEEPLE!

However- would there be a more baller flex than to be able to successfully subvert an American election via crazy elaborate goldberg device?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I was commenting on the shitbag owner who closed his business for a political stunt. 

This was actually a savvy move by dOTArd. We make fun of it, because he's fat and stupid, but his supporters eat that shit up like a 2 for 1 mcrib special. 

Gotcha. And agree 100%. It's great red meat for his base. "Look at him interact with the common folk AND shine light on Kamala's 'lie'."

I won't if the franchise owner had to clear closing down his restaurant with McDonald's corporate?