2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

16 minutes ago, Pancho said:

oh Jesus, I didn’t have Chris Cuomo shifting to the far right on my 2024 elections bingo card

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

New York conservative Dem who thinks he got cancelled by the woke mob? This was inevitable as the sunrise.

11 minutes ago, royiv said:

1*, no tip. You have to be a special kind of stupid to be in a service job and subject your customers to your politics. Half of your customers are going to disagree with you and that’s going to have an adverse impact on your income.

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yes, am I supposed to be surprised? 

Seriously. Look who his new Employer is, and he and his brother both got fired for doing heinous shit and attempting to whitewash it as a family. Of course he's shifting right. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

PA dem edge up to 356k, almost exactly 400k if you count them winning Indys 70-30. I don't have Twitter so can't see any further analysis.

Lil off on including the 70% split, that pushes to over 430k

4 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

PA dem edge up to 356k, almost exactly 400k if you count them winning Indys 70-30. I don't have Twitter so can't see any further analysis.

Montgomery and Allegheny barely dropped anything - midweek tends to slow down.  Happened last week too. 

And as I said previously, midweek tends to be slower. Allegheny and Montgomery barely dropped anything today, for instance. The bulk of drops at the front and back ends of the week are carried by the bigger counties.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, bluto said:

Lil off on including the 70% split, that pushes to over 430k

I guess I misunderstood the Indy split. I thought he had said Dems were expected to win 70-30, which would be 77-33ish, or a 44k edge. But I'm more than happy to be wrong on that.

Edited by hookem2010

26 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yup, I’m either asking them to change the channel or giving them 1 star, no tip. Fuck my own Uber star rating. 

In 2015, I had an Uber driver (older White lady) in Houston try to tell me how the country needs turnip as president and how much he would help the Black community. My response was “oh really…” and then proceeded to go off on her idiocy. I made her drop me off a few blocks before my destination and just walked the rest of the way.

Uber is like the gym—do NOT have any political channels on, just smooth jazz or sports.

Tell that to the assholes at my gym that put on Fox News Every Fucking Day. I can mostly avoid except for a few machines.

27 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I was commenting on the shitbag owner who closed his business for a political stunt. 

This was actually a savvy move by dOTArd. We make fun of it, because he's fat and stupid, but his supporters eat that shit up like a 2 for 1 mcrib special. 

IMG_0001.gif.09cdcd3a934bba16467ffd9f30ed23c3.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

I think the trends are showing that Trump's people know they are not convincing or swaying any women or true independents/moderates and are focusing everything on turning out young male voters.  If they can get a huge turnout with that demo, it gets very close, but that's also the toughest bloc to energize.  But it explains some of the bizarre stuff like talking about dudes in the locker room appreciating the old white golfer's wang. 

Wait, no it doesn't explain that at all, but maybe they were pushing for him to say some macho shit and he translated that into "Get a load of that old dude's giant swinging johnson, he's a real man's man and we like that."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Do they really? I mean that kind of nonsense always dominated twitter but that platform has a great power to make fringe opinions seem more popular than they really are.

hate isn't the issue here, that's a fabrication, understanding that queer folks are here to stay and should be integrated into society is a MASSIVE problem with the youth. not even climate change comes close to damage the queer acceptance movement is causing. we need to go back to when these mother fucking homos, fags and queers killed themselves instead of giving them space to thrive. seriously.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, troph said:

hate isn't the issue here, that's a fabrication, understanding that queer folks are here to stay and should be integrated into society is a MASSIVE problem with the youth. not even climate change comes close to damage the queer acceptance movement is causing.

I'm sorry, I'm jumping in here mid-conversation. You're saying that young people accepting queer folks is actually DAMAGING, and you're saying more damaging than climate change, which literally threatens the habitability of the entire planet? Can you maybe clarify for me?

5 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

I think the trends are showing that Trump's people know they are not convincing or swaying any women or true independents/moderates and are focusing everything on turning out young male voters.  If they can get a huge turnout with that demo, it gets very close, but that's also the toughest bloc to energize.  But it explains some of the bizarre stuff like talking about dudes in the locker room appreciating the old white golfer's wang. 

Not just the toughest bloc to energize, but probably one of the least likeliest to be registered to vote.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Yep. I don’t consider myself that liberal. I think that wokeism is out of hand and damaging to the American psyche. You have a generation of young people now more worried about pronouns and having female leads in movies than about improving their lives and their communities. 

This is a right wing talking point.

• Hook 'Em 7

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm sorry, I'm jumping in here mid-conversation. You're saying that young people accepting queer folks is actually DAMAGING, and you're saying more damaging than climate change, which literally threatens the habitability of the entire planet? Can you maybe clarify for me?

6 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

(troph is not speaking with troph's voice here)

trace the quotes, hebilous says wokeness is the issue.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

All this tells me is we’re going to see something truly heinous…and the mainstream media will barely report on it. 

This is also true.

Again, could be perfectly clear video of Trump raping an infant to death, and it will either get no coverage, or the standard spin of "Trump commits infanticide by sodomy: why that is bad for Harris."

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Why?  It would boost turnout of his base.  Shit, him going full-on Klan might be just what it takes to wrap up the win.

C'mon, stop. The hard R wouldn't help him. But it would be depressing to see how little it hurts him. It would most assuredly lock up the election for Kamala, but in the sense that she'll win PA by 3 instead of 1.5, and Georgia will go from +1 Trump to +0.25 Harris. So yay, he lost, but holy shit our country is probably broken.

• Rage+1 5

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

there was ONE instance where a voter saw his ballot had Harris instead of Trump. they spoiled the ballot and he was able to submit another. most likley the dumb bastard fat-fingered it.

Exactly what election officials said - user error.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This is also true.

Again, could be perfectly clear video of Trump raping an infant to death, and it will either get no coverage, or the standard spin of "Trump commits infanticide by sodomy: why that is bad for Harris."

Or “that’s so bad it must be fake” 

Their scale goes from no big deal to must be fake. There is no space for anything impactful. 

I can't keep up - has there been an article from the Atlantic posted where Trump visited Arlington National with some generals and called the dead "suckers and losers"? That was mentioned on F&F during my morning Uber ride and they quickly were trying to debunk it. Is that what the far right tweeters are referring to above?

Edited by dieucla98

Just now, aggie08 said:

C'mon, stop. The hard R wouldn't help him. But it would be depressing to see how little it hurts him. It would most assuredly lock up the election for Kamala, but in the sense that she'll win PA by 3 instead of 1.5, and Georgia will go from +1 Trump to +0.25 Harris. So yay, he lost, but holy shit our country is probably broken.

The thing is, what I said SHOULD be hyperbole.  But there's a solid chance that it's not.  Shit like that will motivate the people who really want a guy who (wink wink) isn't afraid to "tell it like it is."  And I mean, look....look at the black-on-black crime, and Chicago, and the data shows they're just not that smart, and they ruin the inner cities, and blah blah blah.

Come to grips with the fact that this country is much, much, much shittier than most of us thought/wanted to think 10 years ago.  We elected a black man president in 2008...and it set us back 50 years, sociologically.  Completely broke the brains of half the country.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

It was but that doesn't work for Cloak Room satyanash so he left that part out. 

If it was always 390/500 then that means ind of 110.  Is there anything to take from the fact that the Indy delta is lagging the partisan delta as a percentage of stated goal?

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

there was an article about this a while back - it's Trump picking up some support in Democratic strongholds like NY and CA. 

To use a recruiting analogy - he's "filling up on bread." These changes won't have an impact on the outcome.

Shit, I'll vote for the asshole here in California if we can flip a vote blue in a swing state.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If it was always 390/500 then that means ind of 110.  Is there anything to take from the fact that the Indy delta is lagging the partisan delta as a percentage of stated goal?

No/other affiliation is only 16% in PA (12% no affiliation, 4% other)

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There has been long term rumors about recordings made during the Apprentice filming that the exec producer has refused to acknowledge or deny they exist. And while he might own the rights to the media, it doesn’t mean others don’t have copies and could release without his permission.

• Hook 'Em 1