2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

I’m starting to think it was Rogan who told the Harris folks “no” and not the other way around.

I also blame Rogan for last Saturday.

As long as he does the same to Trump’s campaign….

Allow David Cross GIF

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

If Rogan was smart, he'd let Trump on first, and then he'd bring on Harris 2 days later. 

I said yesterday I wonder if Kamala’s team circles back so she can get the last word. I think that would be smart.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

? Catch me up.

He said he's been sitting on a story for a week that would upend the race (by hurting Trump).  He was vague and didn't mention why he's sitting on it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He said he's been sitting on a story for a week that would upend the race (by hurting Trump).  He was vague and didn't mention why he's sitting on it. 

Yeah he said it would "end Trump's campaign". 

"I know of one story... I don't believe it is true. But if it's true, it would end Donald Trump's campaign," Halperin said, adding that he's aware of various efforts to influence the race's outcome with less than two weeks until Election Day."

Edited by Red Five

51 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

PA dem edge up to 356k, almost exactly 400k if you count them winning Indys 70-30. I don't have Twitter so can't see any further analysis.

49 minutes ago, bluto said:

Lil off on including the 70% split, that pushes to over 430k

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Montgomery and Allegheny barely dropped anything - midweek tends to slow down.  Happened last week too. 

Sorry for the Texags thoughts but they harp on the republicans own “wall” that is 30% of the returned ballots being R means trump is safe. So not sure how accurate their estimate would be but is it possible for both “walls” to be hit? I’ll see if I can find the tweets but forgot where it was over on that cesspool. 

2 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Sorry for the Texags thoughts but they harp on the republicans own “wall” that is 30% of the returned ballots being R means trump is safe. So not sure how accurate their estimate would be but is it possible for both “walls” to be hit? I’ll see if I can find the tweets but forgot where it was over on that cesspool. 

I don’t entertain Texags thoughts 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, achooloco said:

That seems dumb, because the margin would change depending on number of returned ballots. 30% of a million is a much closer margin than 30% of 1.5 million.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, achooloco said:

From what I saw earlier over there they are using 2020 as a point of reference where mail in voting massively skewed towards the dems as the basis for their calculations. But they were blind to 2022 being much less skewed and a more likely representation of this election.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, heso said:

From what I saw earlier over there they are using 2020 as a point of reference where mail in voting massively skewed towards the dems as the basis for their calculations. But they were blind to 2022 being much less skewed and a more likely representation of this election.

I trust Smithley since this is his thing and he called 2022/2023 correctly. It’s his state and he knows the voting patterns are going to be similar to 2022

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, achooloco said:

They and their people are already setting up to scream “stolen” so it doesn’t matter what they say.

Their talking point now is the machines changing votes for turnip to Kamala without any proof. MAGA are the biggest beta boy pussies of the last 20 years and deep down they know it.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Took a walk around a Dallas neighborhood this morning, where median home value is well above $1 million. My unofficial sign counting results:

45% Harris

24% Trump

31% For Sale

Most of those for sale probably skew trump /texags

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There has been long term rumors about recordings made during the Apprentice filming that the exec producer has refused to acknowledge or deny they exist. And while he might own the rights to the media, it doesn’t mean others don’t have copies and could release without his permission.

Sam Harris has said a few times on podcasts that he's confirmed the hard 'R' video exists.  Wouldn't elaborate on how he knows but he said he was 100% certain.  But as others have pointed out, it would barely move the needle at this point because it would surprise precisely no one.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

100% this is the plan and the play.  The GQP is the party of lies, all lies, and only lies.  It's all they are, it's all they have.  They are going all-in on telling lies.  

They will inspire violence.  They will cause unrest.  There will be attacks on government bodies.  We are going to have to shoot them.  It's what they want.  So FAFO.

So much this.  It's a GENERALLY true sentiment ("who the president is really doesn't have much impact on me").  But it can change under an extreme outlier.

Analogy: your local water utility has had a general manager of some sort your entire life.  Who that person is has very little effect on your life, precisely BECAUSE each of those GMs runs the utility in line with its established systems and norms.  They don't make any radical, irrational changes.  They tweak and improve processes here and there - some of their ideas work, some don't.  But at the end of the day, you turn on your faucet, and clean water comes out, no matter who is the GM.  BUT....when Insane Idiot GM takes over, shuffles all of the infrastructure maintenance dollars to contracts with his son, Jared Kushner, only focuses on getting clean water to the neighborhoods that supported him politically, and purposefully lets the system feeding neighborhoods that didn't support him go to shit, and implements draconian billing policies that he uses arbitrarily to shut off the water of people who didn't support him, you will notice the FUCK out of hwo your water utility GM is.  

That's the whole fucking point.  A competent leader runs things so that you forget you have a leader (with some exception in times of crisis/black swan events).  If your leader is in the news every day, and you're not at fucking war, then HE IS A SHIT LEADER.

Bolded the only thing that matters.  The story could be Trump raping infants to death, on video, chanting "hail Satan!" while cupping Putin's balls......and he would probably GAIN voters.  Nothing matters.  Nothing.  46% of our country is irrevocably in thrall to a cult of insanity.  We have no way out, and their poison will eventually kill us all.

The bolded is a particular chunk of idiocy that doesn't get enough attention.  The economic devastation of an actual border closure?  Fucking hell, BILLIONS of dollars in no time.  Hell, when abbott implemented just a slowdown at the border, it cost the US economy NEARLY A BILLION DOLLARS A DAY.

"Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's short-lived policy of requiring state troopers to conduct secondary inspections of trucks crossing into Texas from Mexico cost the United States almost $9 billion in just 10 days."

Good sir, perhaps you should be added to the newsletter distribution list for my new political party, the FUCK, I WANNA EAT, GODDAMMIT party.

Ain’t nobody reading all that. 

1 minute ago, Todd Gack said:

Sam Harris has said a few times on podcasts that he's confirmed the hard 'R' video exists.  Wouldn't elaborate on how he knows but he said he was 100% certain.  But as others have pointed out, it would barely move the needle at this point because it would surprise precisely no one.

Imma guess this was Sam's quote: "As a Stanford alum, and valedictorian of my high school, I think it is really interesting to me that there is a video of Donald Trump saying such an awful phrase given my high academic achievements at Stanford and before, but most notably Stanford." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the quickest way to flip Texas, increase voter turnout in Houston and Dallas ….

Think about how much everyone fucking hates ted cruz.  Now recall how popular and likeable Beto was.  And how many of us had hope, largely because of polling numbers, that a likeable decent person could beat a shitstain fuckstick of a man... and then he lost. 

Also consider that abbott won Uvalde county in a landslide.  Texas is firmly red and any other assertion is fake news IMO.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

21 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Calling 30% a “wall” is something. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, locodos said:

Lawdogs- wouldn’t that be trespass to chattel? I seem to recall Scot Powe talking about this when he taught some undergrad history of the Surpreme Court (he was awesome). That’s one of the big trespasses, along with person and land, right?

22 minutes ago, The Dog said:

They'll just say whatever comes out is "faked" and MAGA will believe it.

I would be mostly concerned that this is a work, like the George Bush AWOL memo. A fake, planted to discredit an entire narrative annd the press who cover it, and present a bad actor as a victim. George Bush actually did get out of Vietnam through influence and Gore/Kerry served, but the memo story inoculated him, which was likely the purpose of planting the memo.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Here's the rest that's relevant:

This isn't about necessarily WINNING Texas in the short run, IMHO. It's about making Texas competitive.

That cripples the GOP nationally having to put resources here as the Democrats can just focus on Harris and DFW while the GOP has to focus on the rest of this massive state. That will be expensive.

Texas GoP loves the low voter turnout. 

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Lawdogs- wouldn’t that be trespass to chattel? I seem to recall Scot Powe talking about this when he taught some undergrad history of the Surpreme Court (he was awesome). That’s one of the big trespasses, along with person and land, right?

Do you think people brought their own TV to the gym?

Also it just turns the TV off, not damages it.

I'll hang up and listen...

1 minute ago, locodos said:

Do you think people brought their own TV to the gym?

Also it just turns the TV off, not damages it.

I'll hang up and listen...

I would do parental lock on Fox News but the assholes would complain and the owners film everything.

We actually have access to the remotes, but the one time I tried to change it people bitched. At least the sound is off but chyrons alone are rage inducing.

Just now, Born to Run said:

I would do parental lock on Fox News but the assholes would complain and the owners film everything.

We actually have access to the remotes, but the one time I tried to change it people bitched. At least the sound is off but chyrons alone are rage inducing.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd find a new gym.  Life is too short.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

SAP FTMFW

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I have mixed feelings about Kamala spending time in Texas at this point. Obviously the results will speak to themselves in 2 weeks. Hillary tried to run up the score with NC and FL, but lost them along with WI, MI and PA. That mistake led to Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Barrett. 

But if Harris' team feels confident with the EC map, her attention next has to go to securing the Senate. WV is lost, and Montana looks to be. Beating Cruz may be the best option to keep a 50-50 senate. And if there is some long shot of her taking Texas, that would end any real fight for Trump claiming election cheating.

I assume that that Harris County offers an unique scenario of many voters with low turnout. And it might only take X hours out of her schedule. Wake up the next morning back in the battleground states.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It’s true. Men in Texas are not responding well to the 12oz roll or sage blend. There are indications that until the 16oz roll is returned to market they will go back to making their own sausage like they did thirty years ago, despite agreeing that it’s not as good.

Facts.

54 minutes ago, Js1 said:

i think i figured it out, trump gave out a weird yell at a donors dinner ?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I have mixed feelings about Kamala spending time in Texas at this point. Obviously the results will speak to themselves in 2 weeks. Hillary tried to run up the score with NC and FL, but lost them along with WI, MI and PA. That mistake led to Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Barrett. 

But if Harris' team feels confident with the EC map, her attention next has to go to securing the Senate. WV is lost, and Montana looks to be. Beating Cruz may be the best option to keep a 50-50 senate. And if there is some long shot of her taking Texas, that would end any real fight for Trump claiming election cheating.

I assume that that Harris County offers an unique scenario of many voters with low turnout. And it might only take X hours out of her schedule. Wake up the next morning back in the battleground states.

spending one fucking day in Harris County is a lot different than what Hillary did.

• Hook 'Em 4