2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

If someone is saying it will end his campaign I think it has something to do with straight up insurrection or activity that involved a foreign enemy. Racism doesn't matter and no one things it will end his campaign. 

Whatever it is people are vetting the shit out of it. 

I also think anything older than a year or 2 is not going to move the needle. This has to be a very recent and very current thing for it to be campaign ending. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

I know someone online who is a constant troll and laps up all the R talking points on the mainstream media etc.  I'm just going to start making fun of him.  Its the easiest thing to do.  He can block me.  I'm fine with that.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I know someone online who is a constant troll and laps up all the R talking points on the mainstream media etc.  I'm just going to start making fun of him.  Its the easiest thing to do.  He can block me.  I'm fine with that.

You just described 50% of this website 

• Haha 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

If someone is saying it will end his campaign I think it has something to do with straight up insurrection or activity that involved a foreign enemy. Racism doesn't matter and no one things it will end his campaign. 

I also think anything older than a year or 2 is not going to move the needle. This has to be a very recent and very current thing for it to be campaign ending. 

unfortunately, I think it's just hyperbole for clicks.

his MAGA support is unwavering and right wing media will say anything to keep it that way. as long as they believe what they are told, then it will be a nothingburger.

Even if right wing media does tell the truth then MAGA will run to Trump social and believe him instead. See the 2020 election and how Fox News changed their tune as viewers flocked to Newsmax and OAN. 

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I hope they don’t have SCMODS

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Or used 1060 West Addison as the address.

It's all fun and games until you two chucklefucks find out they're on a mission from God. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, South Austin said:

spacer.png

Harris taking Texas would turn up the election cheating shit to 13. There absolutely would be violence. 

But if there's even a 10% chance of getting that shitstain Ted Cruz out of Washington, she has to take it. Trading Cruz for a Democrat Senator in the biggest reliable R state in the country...that would be huge.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, chainsaw said:

I hate when journos hype their own shit before it publishes. Just publish it and let the readers decide how important it is. And if it's so important, you wouldn't need to say so beforehand.

But muh clicks and engagement. 

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

his MAGA support is unwavering and right wing media will say anything to keep it that way. as long as they believe what they are told, then it will be a nothingburger.

Even if right wing media does tell the truth then MAGA will run to Trump social and believe him instead. See the 2020 election and how Fox News changed their tune as viewers flocked to Newsmax and OAN. 

Eh. Part of me agrees with you. They won't be deterred. But they can be temporarily suppressed. The same way that Comey's last minute bullshit suppressed Hillary voters into now showing up, or switching to Trump becuase fuck it, something tremendous at the right time can absolutely make a difference. Jan 6 suppressed Trump voters...termporarily. If the Access Hollywood tape had come out a couple weeks before the election, it would have suppressed Trump voters. It's more about timing than it is about longevity. And once Dotard loses, the whole game changes. 

I'm wondering if it's something folks have been sitting on for a long ass time to drop now. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I hate when journos hype their own shit before it publishes. Just publish it and let the readers decide how important it is. And if it's so important, you wouldn't need to say so beforehand.

I think the right wing media is already at battle stations becuase whoever has this shit was shopping it for a payday, and Trump declined. 

5 minutes ago, The Dog said:

What of its him talking about how fucking stupid they are including musk and names specific behaviors and events in the recent past which he was scamming the true believers. 

Turning on your base because you actually hate them is definitely possible for him. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

This is also true.

Again, could be perfectly clear video of Trump raping an infant to death, and it will either get no coverage, or the standard spin of "Trump commits infanticide by sodomy: why that is bad for Harris."

The infant shouldn’t be so damn sexy would be their counter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

Who's the best Wisconsin pundit? Feels like the least-discussed swing state

None. But if Ben Winkler isn’t freaking out, neither am I. Dane County has been nails for Dems since 2016, they won’t let us down 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

Count me in the crew that thinks nothing can be campaign ending. Thats not how cults work. Whatever it is, there will be a justification they can all get on board with. Even if that justification is simply "fake news." These rubes dont live in reality, so whatever happens in reality is easily explained away. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, horncyclist said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/22/us/politics/john-kelly-trump-fitness-character.html

Kelly going on the record to agree Trump is a fascist, confirm and elaborate on other deplorable things Trump has said, including repeated Hitler admiration. Trump’s threat to use the military against Americans prompted the longest serving Trump chief of staff to come out on the record. 

Why is this not an all caps headline by the New York Times?

Why doesn’t Kelly going on Sixty Minutes or something? If he cares enough to speak up, make sure people hear you.

Great idea. 60 Minutes should do one its special 90 minute editions during which all of these former Trump supporters share anecdotal evidence about how much is at stake in this election. The point should be to scare America back to normalcy.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

What of its him talking about how fucking stupid they are including musk and names specific behaviors and events in the recent past which he was scamming the true believers. 

Turning on your base because you actually hate them is definitely possible for him. 

agreed on that scenario. that's probably what it would take. 

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Eh. Part of me agrees with you. They won't be deterred. But they can be temporarily suppressed. The same way that Comey's last minute bullshit suppressed Hillary voters into now showing up, or switching to Trump becuase fuck it, something tremendous at the right time can absolutely make a difference. Jan 6 suppressed Trump voters...termporarily. If the Access Hollywood tape had come out a couple weeks before the election, it would have suppressed Trump voters. It's more about timing than it is about longevity. And once Dotard loses, the whole game changes. 

I'm wondering if it's something folks have been sitting on for a long ass time to drop now. 

and agreed that this would be the result - a temporary suppression that overlaps election day.

As @Js1 and others have so astutely observed, I wonder if we're getting the public polling numbers starting to be massaged from dead-heat toward the actual numbers.  All in order to backsell how well their polls have performed after the election (Our polls caught Harris's late rally.... etc). 

Follow the money.  There's big money at stake for polling firms.

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

He has bagged on his base, called them dumb and shit talked Detroit at a Rally IN Detroit.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Born to Run said:

He has bagged on his base, called them dumb and shit talked Detroit at a Rally IN Detroit.

you sound like sydneycarton here, all of these things are BAD, they aren't somehow magically good for Trump. He's melting down in real time mentally, physically and behaviorally with his base. Everyone keeps talking about him having more voters, he will have less than in 2020, the media is obsessed with this alternate reality that he's a viable candidate. 

I don't buy the poll averages that have the PA, MI and WI senate races up a 4 points for the Dem candidate but then Harris is effectively tied with Trump in each. Yes, Jill Stein will infuriatingly take some votes from Harris but I can't believe there will be that much crossover vote.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, immamac said:

you sound like sydneycarton here, all of these things are BAD, they aren't somehow magically good for Trump. He's melting down in real time mentally, physically and behaviorally with his base. Everyone keeps talking about him having more voters, he will have less than in 2020, the media is obsessed with this alternate reality that he's a viable candidate. 

I fear you underestimate the stupidity of our voting public.  

• Drool 1

re: the bombshell, there is absolutely nothing that is "campaign ending", so people (journos) need to stop being drama queens. the election is in 13 days, millions of votes are out. if campaign ending means he's going to lose, well there's a pretty good chance of that happening anyway.

anything that is audio of him or even video (grainy) of him will be dismissed as a deep fake, and honestly should be at this point. i don't even want something like that dropping, because it'll be more noise and make maga angry. we need maga docile and stupid and sitting in the corner jerking off to shitty polls.

the only story that would move the needle is something about him selling state secrets, and i'm not even sure how that gets proven, because most of us already assumed he was doing that. dude stole classified documents and hid them and refused to give them back for months and months and still has some and nobody even fucking talks about it anymore. he called kamala a "shit vp" at a rally a few days ago and nobody even covered it.

it would have to involve "selling out america" and probably would need to include russia or china. so whatever that looks like, that's what this is. and whatever it is would barely get media attention because trump.

once he loses, it'll trickle out, and people will say little, because at this point, who gives a shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, immamac said:

First thought was confirmation that he's been selling off the stolen docs. 

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

I used to think Texas was ridiculous with 254 counties, until I learned Georgia has 159 counties with 19 million fewer people and Virginia with 133 with 2 million fewer people than Georgia. 

And somehow Kansas has 105 counties with only 2.9 million people! Illinois has 3 fewer counties and 10 million more residents than Kansas. 

It is ridiculous. Loving County has 43 residents, and Republicans want to create a system where their impact on statewide races  is the same as Harris County.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

Granted I'm not a journalist, but I just don't think any journalist with a story so big it would "end" a campaign (nothing will end Trump's campaign) would sit on it longer than five minutes because they don't want to get scooped by another journalist. It's just not believable. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

pssst, they're all kinda worthless.

also it's wikler, and he's the best.

There's only one poll I care about, and it's the Final Selzer poll for Iowa.  Harris ain't winning Iowa, but if Ann Selzer has her competitive-ish, I'll feel pretty good.  If she shows Trump running away with it, then it's gonna be a nail biter for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 3