2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

22 hours ago, chainsaw said:

He has no paths if he loses NC, right?

Stop me if you've heard this, but the word is Pennsylvania.

8 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I mean this genuinely, how do we function as a society when we have people like Vance openly stating that he wants to eliminate the WAY HIS WIFE BECAME A CITIZEN and there’s no pushback, no news stories, no controversy. Just business as usual and follow the cult leader at all costs.

Look around. We don't. We're past the point of no return on that. Even if Harris wins this election, Democrats and their coalition aare going to have to hold the line every time. Obviously it will break at some point, be it in 2024, 28, 32, whatever. And when it does we'll get Project XXXX.

Edited by gmr548
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4

image.png.a8929918c2a676c2071884c7eb298b35.png

oooooh-creepy.gif

That'll have him shaking in his boots!

Who does the Justice Department consult about what's illegal? Seems like they might have a few guys on the payroll to help with that determination. How much nut-thumbing on this one?

No rush, of course.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

Honest question… whats to stop Elon from just going dumb and dumber tipping scene to ppl walking into polling place, literally $100 bill stack peeling em off on Election Day. He gets charged/arrested but Trump wins bc of it (say Elon drops $50M into the operation), Trump pardons him bc federal crime. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Look around. We don't. We're past the point of no return on that. Even if Harris wins this election, Democrats and their coalition aare going to have to hold the line every time. Obviously it will break at some point, be it in 2024, 28, 32, whatever. And when it does we'll get Project XXXX.

Theoretically, it should get easier to hold the line every 4 years if this fever breaks, which it might as more people die and more youngers vote. But you have to give the fever a chance to break, or just fucking quit. Personally, I'll take another 4 years to get closer to having the money to peace the fuck out. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

There's only one poll I care about, and it's the Final Selzer poll for Iowa.  Harris ain't winning Iowa, but if Ann Selzer has her competitive-ish, I'll feel pretty good.  If she shows Trump running away with it, then it's gonna be a nail biter for sure. 

This.

Selzer should drop the final poll on Nov 2 (or around then).  October 31 (the last Saturday before the election) was when she dropped the Trump +7 and Ernst +4 poll.  Trump won by 8.2 and Ernst won 6.6

She also had Trump +7 against HRC in 2016 and he won by 9.4

If she has Trump up only 3-5, hold onto your butts, because Harris is winning easily - probably a sign she's very strong in the upper Midwest and winning MI/WI/PA with ease.  6-7 points, it'll be more like 2020 in terms of closeness.  8+ - well fuck. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, bluto said:

Honest question… whats to stop Elon from just going dumb and dumber tipping scene to ppl walking into polling place, literally $100 bill stack peeling em off on Election Day. He gets charged/arrested but Trump wins bc of it (say Elon drops $50M into the operation), Trump pardons him bc federal crime. 

Because everyone would take the money and then vote for whoever the fuck they wanted to vote for...

1 hour ago, immamac said:

If someone is saying it will end his campaign I think it has something to do with straight up insurrection or activity that involved a foreign enemy.

Uh these have already happened and did nothing.

Nothing will come of it.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.  They're fucking pathetic.  When my daughter lived in Sweden, her flatmates would bitch about her cooking because it used a lot of onions and "onions are spicy."  Pathetic.

Whatever.  Laws don't apply to billionaires, especially white ones.  Late-stage capitalist oligarchy out front shoulda told ya.

Ahem...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.a8929918c2a676c2071884c7eb298b35.png

oooooh-creepy.gif

That'll have him shaking in his boots!

Who does the Justice Department consult about what's illegal? Seems like they might have a few guys on the payroll to help with that determination. How much nut-thumbing on this one?

No rush, of course.

Merrick basically line

I can be very persuasive. : r/TheSimpsons

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

glad to see her and her team are preparing for this

She ain’t stupid. She knows he did it once and he’d do it again 

Marc Elias better be getting a Medal of Freedom when she wins 

• Hook 'Em 7

17 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

See, I don't believe this. Politicians, above all else, are cockroaches. IF Trump gets his ass kicked in two weeks again, and MAGA candidates in purple states keep getting their teeth kicked in, the GOP will have to adapt. Look how much they're tried to distance themselves from Project 2025 WITH 100% MAGA support.

MAGA is a cult. You can't just replace David Koresh with some generic dude in a suit and expect to stay on message with enthusiasm up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

glad to see her and her team are preparing for this

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She ain’t stupid. She knows he did it once and he’d do it again 

Marc Elias better be getting a Medal of Freedom when she wins 

Elias has said he's been preparing for this shit for 6 months. Now, reports on the other side said that this time the Rs are also prepared and not going to half ass this shit, but nonetheless. Elias seems confident. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

See, I don't believe this. Politicians, above all else, are cockroaches. IF Trump gets his ass kicked in two weeks again, and MAGA candidates in purple states keep getting their teeth kicked in, the GOP will have to adapt. Look how much they're tried to distance themselves from Project 2025 WITH 100% MAGA support.

MAGA is a cult. You can't just replace David Koresh with some generic dude in a suit and expect to stay on message with enthusiasm up.

The Branch Davidians stopped being a problem when Koresh died because pretty much all of them died with him.

There's a chance that the GOP shifts back to something saner if Trump loses again or, more likely, when he finally dies. And there's a good chance nobody can really step into his shoes and politically organize the same forces that he did. But they're mainstream now. "Conservatism" is Trumpism and many of them want violence.  They're not going to deradicalize. Our best hope is probably that a group of them further radicalizes as their ability to win elections shrinks, that they attempt a violent coup, and that they all get killed.  Because the alternative is probably a very long campaign of "lone wolf" style terrorism that we all just live with.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Elias has said he's been preparing for this shit for 6 months. Now, reports on the other side said that this time the Rs are also prepared and not going to half ass this shit, but nonetheless. Elias seems confident. 

I'm the only non-legal expert on this site, but in a battle between equally capable legal teams, I'm taking the side with the law and facts on their side. 

Though, it's not going to be nearly as fun as watching Rudy, Ellis, and co. get absolutely dunked on every day for two months.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

I'm the only non-legal expert on this site, but in a battle between equally capable legal teams, I'm taking the side with the law and facts on their side. 

Though, it's not going to be nearly as fun as watching Rudy, Ellis, and co. get absolutely dunked on every day for two months.

Lawsuit thread this time needs a running tally at the top for every L

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The Branch Davidians stopped being a problem when Koresh died because pretty much all of them died with him.

There's a chance that the GOP shifts back to something saner if Trump loses again or, more likely, when he finally dies. And there's a good chance nobody can really step into his shoes and politically organize the same forces that he did. But they're mainstream now. "Conservatism" is Trumpism and many of them want violence.  They're not going to deradicalize. Our best hope is probably that a group of them further radicalizes as their ability to win elections shrinks, that they attempt a violent coup, and that they all get killed.  Because the alternative is probably a very long campaign of "lone wolf" style terrorism that we all just live with.

A ton of Lone Wolf style terrorism, over and over, might be one of the few things that actually move people back towards the fact that these losers are insane. But it can't be mass shootings. They're all indifferent to those, and they'll take their usual "2nd amendment" and "harden everything" stance. It's going to have to be oklahoma city shit. And it will have to be public things like sporting events. They won't care if 10 synagogues are bombed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

What are those things, and why does gender specifically matter?

Here we go again. You bringing up gender, not me. Go fuck yourself

she has no business running this country 

she sucked more dick than south Austin’s mom to get to where she is

no policies 

open border 

She’s gonna moderate free speech 

• Fuck You 60

1 minute ago, Horn75 said:

no policies 

open border 

Everything in this post is wrong, with the exception of South Austin's mom being a filthy whore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Tell that to the assholes at my gym that put on Fox News Every Fucking Day. I can mostly avoid except for a few machines.

Could be worse, once walked into the gym I was a member of and most of the TV's were tuned to OAN....think I canceled my membership a month or two later...

7 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

no policies 

open border 

"No policies"

*states a border policy*

The aristocrats!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I didn't realize the political betting site Nate Silver shills for on behalf of Peter Thiel only accepts bets from people who reside OUTSIDE of the US. The Financial Times today has an informative article about the evidence that it's being manipulated by foreign bad actors.

https://archive.ph/vweTG

Now we just need someone to dig into why 538 is manipulating data to skew the polling average in favor of a diabetes ridden fascist with Alzheimer's. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

33 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Hate to say it, but this is right.

I feel like the most we can do is buy a few years of relative peace and sanity before the end comes crashing down in 4, or 8, or 12 years.

I'm 48.  I'm just hoping this country can hold on until I'm 60 and I can retire in any of about 40 better options.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

I didn't realize the political betting site Nate Silver shills for on behalf of Peter Thiel only accepts bets from people who reside OUTSIDE of the US. The Financial Times today has an informative article about the evidence that it's being manipulated by foreign bad actors.

https://archive.ph/vweTG

Now we just need someone to dig into why 538 is manipulating data to skew the polling average in favor of a diabetes ridden fascist with Alzheimer's. 

538 is not manipulating anything. It’s garbage in, garbage out. Spam a bunch of right wing polls and it’s all you have for the model 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

no policies 

open border 

Lol. You negged my original post asking about gender, even though it's plain as day in my post you quoted in the post above. 

I'm answering you very basic questions, not antagonistcally at all, and you're just throwing around negs and literally claiming you didn't say things you said, verifiably. 

I've asked you if you didn't mean to specify gender specifically in your post. And you can't even answer simple questions. 

You really are Aggie. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1