2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

15 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

Here we go again. You bringing up gender, not me. Go fuck yourself

she has no business running this country 

she sucked more dick than south Austin’s mom to get to where she is

no policies 

open border 

She’s gonna moderate free speech 

Sir, once again, this is a Wendy’s. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

See, I don't believe this. Politicians, above all else, are cockroaches. IF Trump gets his ass kicked in two weeks again, and MAGA candidates in purple states keep getting their teeth kicked in, the GOP will have to adapt. Look how much they're tried to distance themselves from Project 2025 WITH 100% MAGA support.

Laugh Lol GIF by GIPHY News

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Laugh Lol GIF by GIPHY News

You know what Republicans hate even more than not getting to be hateful, misogynistic, evangelical, lying sacks of shit in the wide open? Losing elections.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I feel like the most we can do is buy a few years of relative peace and sanity before the end comes crashing down in 4, or 8, or 12 years.

All the more reason why structural reform that better enables majorities to craft policy should be the #1 Harris priority.  

You can’t “fix” things if a nihilistic minority is empowered to put the breaks on everything, or you need to have a rare moment when all of the levers of power are in the hands of your party.  The GOP should want this, too, if there are any left capable of acting in good faith.  

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You know what Republicans hate even more than not getting to be hateful, misogynistic, evangelical, lying sacks of shit in the wide open? Losing elections.

This. Their #1 goal is to win. 

21 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

no policies 

open border 

This is the sort of issue I always have. I mean I get you think she is the inferior candidate, but then you just spout a bunch of nonsense that I know is false. It kind of makes it difficult to even have a discussion when the other team just seems to live in a different world than I do. 

It would be one thing if we all agreed on the basic facts but just had different ideas about how to address them. We can debate that. But I don't know what to do with this.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This. Their #1 goal is to win. 

you're both totally right. they've been losing elections consistently since 2018 and look where we are.

every republican on the ballot is kissing his ass and parroting his shit on tv. when they lose, you think they'll start a revolution to force him out of the party?

here's a cheat sheet, they won't. they'll get primaried or change professions. you kiss the ring or find something else to do. it will be like this until he dies.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Red Five said:

People laugh now at Trump's "STOP THE COUNT!" tweet. That was a sitting president saying out loud he wanted to throw out votes that hadn't been counted yet. He also tried to declare victory while votes were still being counted. Yet another absolutely fucking bonkers thing he's done that just gets shrugged off now. 

LOL at that dipshit @Horn75 getting his snowflake panties in a twist at you stating simple facts

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep.  It could be video evidence of him killing babies and it wouldn't matter.  We are through the looking glass.

0dc5e78c-7c9f-4399-a3d1-73aa8959b3eb_tex

I blame him for most things.

Yep. Dude is such a POS.

Edited by wood

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I had a right-winger in my class a few years ago. He wanted to give a Persuasive speech on why we should fight back because our free speech rights are under attack. First, the topic was phrased horribly. Second, me being that mofo, I decided to play along. I asked him “can you name the bill, and the politician who put forward that bill, that is currently on the house floor which, if passed, the result would be the limiting of taking away of our free speech?” And of course he couldn’t answer.

Later that evening, I emailed the class that we would changed the lecture for the next class period. When they walked it, the new lecture was on the power point: “How free speech public speaking really work—really.”

Radical right wing talking points can be fun to engage with—sometimes (Sorry this was in response to immortal before he got his iPad taken away)

They don't give a damn if Trump loses as long as Trump's presence helps THEM win. They rely on MAGA to win primaries and get elected - especially when Trump is on the ballot.

ETA - what we're seeing this cycle is a lot of GOP candidates underperforming Trump. MAGA isn't voting for them - only Trump.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

you're both totally right. they've been losing elections consistently since 2018 and look where we are.

They will if he loses again. They tried after 2020. 

However, I truly hope they hitch their wagon to 82 year old Trump in 2028. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

no policies 

open border 

Nice GOP talking points.

Any original thoughts?

I think when Trump loses this time, those who want to move on from him are going to let loose with a flood of behind-the-scenes stories about how badly Trump is deteriorating. Like the stories about Biden, but much more humiliating (he's pretty obviously shitting himself, for one).  And he's not really in good enough shape to rebut them convincingly. 

Obviously, there will be a ton of MAGA freaks who just don't believe them and he won't really lose power until someone else takes his supporters from him, but the public pressure will worsen his deterioration. I think the odds are better than even now that he's dead by the time 2028 rolls around.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

You’re a man voting for Kamala Harris 😂😂😂 shut the fuck up bitch. Get this account crowd sourced, I’ll create another one and come back in 3 months to see you cucks crying when “dotard” is in office 

Seems like a fair request

image.gif.79ff753437905f631c3829cf9c2b6a34.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Didn't his daughter pass away a couple of years ago? Or am I thinking of a different poster? I have to imagine that breaks you. It would for me. 

Edit: meant to quote in regards to immortal or whatever the current username is. 

Edited by Dahobbs
Quoted the wrong post

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He won't be alive that long either way.  Look at how worn down he is from this race.  He's being used as a battering ram against the establishment, and he's physically and mentally buckling with each push.  Others have said it before, but damn if Ygifs won't prove to be right.

The scary part of that is that if he assumes the presidency, it's the darker/smarter forces that he's a figurehead for that will be running things.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

See, I don't believe this. Politicians, above all else, are cockroaches. IF Trump gets his ass kicked in two weeks again, and MAGA candidates in purple states keep getting their teeth kicked in, the GOP will have to adapt. Look how much they're tried to distance themselves from Project 2025 WITH 100% MAGA support.

MAGA is a cult. You can't just replace David Koresh with some generic dude in a suit and expect to stay on message with enthusiasm up.

That's the thing, though.  For a long time I believed that Republicans would moderate their message as the demographics of the country changed (and not in their favor).  Is that what they did?  Fuck no, they just went full fascist and are trying to win with gerrymandering, making it hard for poor people to vote, and attacking women and immigrants.  It's bonkers to watch what they are doing right now.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They will if he loses again. They tried after 2020. 

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

they = gop politicians.

it's not up to them. it's up to the maga voters. they will support him until he dies and then probably for a while after that.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, The Dog said:

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Can't imagine it would really change much. However, I suppose it would matter where she is between 13 and 19, as sad as that is.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

MAGA: Deep fake! It's actually Biden groping her. 

1.) I certainly hope it's not just a groping issue. As JS1 said, that will immediately become "Joe Biden gropes little girls and his own daughter, jesus it's in a diary" immedaitely. Nothingburger.

2.)"Time is coming to an end" is almost certainly him meaning the rallies. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

2.)"Time is coming to an end" is almost certainly him meaning the rallies. 

No way, if he wins, he will continue to do rallies instead of his job.  He LOVES them. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Theoretically, it should get easier to hold the line every 4 years if this fever breaks, which it might as more people die and more youngers vote. But you have to give the fever a chance to break, or just fucking quit. Personally, I'll take another 4 years to get closer to having the money to peace the fuck out. 

I remember thinking this when GWB was running up debt fighting 2 bullshit wars. Now I know it will only get worse. The next iteration will be even more evil than turnip. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

But the Hatch Chile Act only excludes pussy-ass midwesterners and yankees from engaging in the deliciousness that is green chile grits, green chile pork stew, green chile cheeseburgers.  Can't handle spice?  you don't even DESERVE to be a swing state.

One of my favorite times of the year is when the Mexican grocery up here wheels out the big chile roaster. 

But this green chile pork stew? I need that in my life. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1