2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Target Will Reduce Prices on More Than 2,000 Items to Help Consumers Save this Holiday Season

MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 22, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) announced today it will reduce regular prices on more than 2,000 items across owned and national brands this holiday season, including food and beverages, everyday essentials, holiday gifts and items to prep the home for the holidays.1 The move will help consumers save on items for holiday preparations and gifting, like toys, board games, beauty products, bath towels, snacks, beverages, frozen vegetables, cookies, ice cream, toilet paper, cough and cold medicine and more.

Target routinely adjusts its prices to remain competitive in markets across the country. These new price reductions are on top of the retailer's everyday low prices. In May, Target announced it would cut prices on about 5,000 items, saving Target guests millions of dollars this summer. The retailer surpassed its 5,000-item price cuts promise, lowering prices on over 8,000 total items year to date. By the end of the holiday season, Target will have lowered prices on over 10,000 items during the year.  

https://corporate.target.com/press/release/2024/10/target-will-reduce-prices-on-more-than-2,000-items-to-help-consumers-save-this-holiday-season

image.gif.f5ff7cb2c99d451d2882044f48cc3144.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

what the fuck is this bitch talking about?

It’s called policy. I know it’s difficult for you to understand when you’re accustomed to hearing rambling word salad from a guy crapping his pants while he speaks.

Edited by royiv
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

C'mon, we don't have to make up stupid shit he said with misleading tweets. 

I'm not sure what he meant to say in that weird-ass ramble, but one of the biggest mistakes media made was freaking out over and mischaracterizing the small stuff in the early going.  It fed into the fake news mantra.

And then they overreacted the other way in normalizing even the truly crazy-ass shit.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not sure what he meant to say in that weird-ass ramble, but one of the biggest mistakes media made was freaking out over and mischaracterizing the small stuff in the early going.  It fed into the fake news mantra.

And then they overreacted the other way in normalizing even the truly crazy-ass shit.

The problem with that clip is it starts too late to know what he’s talking about. He’s saying he avoided a trade war w France.  Idk if it’s true or not but he has talked about it before, threatening to put a huge tariff on wine and champagne if they didn’t drop some tariff they had on something we export to them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, royiv said:

It’s called policy. I know it’s difficult for you to understand when you’re accustomed to hearing rambling word salad from a guy crapping his pants while he speaks.

And that's just when he is talking in the mirror. Now get to Trump. 

20 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The problem with that clip is it starts too late to know what he’s talking about. He’s saying he avoided a trade war w France.  Idk if it’s true or not but he has talked about it before, threatening to put a huge tariff on wine and champagne if they didn’t drop some tariff they had on something we export to them. 

Yeah, maybe.  I don't know.  Maybe they caught him "mid weave."

But I DO know that when the British attacked in the Revolutionary War they had to pick between BWI and Dulles.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

"I stopped the wars...with France."

We don't know what he said before making that statement (granted), but it sounds like he's talking about actual wars. We know that's long been a talking point from him and his supporters: "He kept the peace. There were no wars during his admin." That's demonstrably not true, a lie if you will.

Then, he brings up France, which was clearly a seamless transition to "trade wars." Well, obviously, that's a different kind of "war." And, yes, there was an effort by the French government to begin putting tariffs on US imports (I honestly have no idea how that turned out), but their proposal was in response to him initiating that trade war by imposing tariffs on European imports into the US. So, again, he made a false statement--another lie.

Now, the trick here is interpreting what he meant versus what his crowd understood by those two lies.

I guess it's not a lie if he believed either of those two things (Costanza). So, you could say the Xitter post was actually being generous by saying he's senile. On the other hand, Trump may have been intentionally confusing the two types of wars for the purpose of deceiving his audience. I guess that's worse.

Do you think the attendees could discern the difference?

He wasn't trying to say that he stopped a real war with France. His voice didn't put a period where there was supposed to be one, and he moved onto "the France story." Being shitty at transitions and shitty at the English language in general is pretty par for the course for him.

2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Yeah I know why it comes out so awkward. But if she’s going to raise the specter of companies out of control, make it easy to understand. The pandemic brought cheaper prices then a lack of supply when everything opened back up raised the prices and they’ve kept them there. I also agree they aren’t ever coming down. People think they want inflation to reverse, but they don’t realize that if deflation actually happens, then the economy is really shitty

The vast majority of people in Texas think insane low gas prices prices are great for them.

My Tech grad Cousin's wife cheered when oil hit zero; he had to politely correct her as he's in the oil business and was about to loose his rickety oil boon house of cards racket. He held on and is quite happy with the Biden boom, although he wouldn't fess up

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

He wasn't trying to say that he stopped a real war with France. His voice didn't put a period where there was supposed to be one, and he moved onto "the France story." Being shitty at transitions and shitty at the English language in general is pretty par for the course for him.

Again, we don't have context for the "stopping the wars" statement, so your interpretation may well have been his intent. But we also have the context of his prior statements in other venues where he has repeatedly referenced stopping "the (hot) wars" in reference to Ukraine and Gaza.

In either case, he's lying because a) he started the trade wars, and b) the Russia/Ukraine war was actually being fought the entire time while he was in office. Moreover, Israel and Hamas had a "war" in 2018.

Look, I'll let this go, because we've already (both of us) likely put more thought and care into our posts than he did in his speech in front of thousands. That is unless he was trying to trick the audience by intentionally conflating the two topics.

3 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

The vast majority of people in Texas think insane low gas prices prices are great for them.

My Tech grad Cousin's wife cheered when oil hit zero; he had to politely correct her as he's in the oil business and was about to loose his rickety oil boon house of cards racket. He held on and is quite happy with the Biden boom, although he wouldn't fess up

I keep getting bombarded with his stupid ads claiming $7 per gallon gas (Exxon/Mobil execs probably cum in their pants seeing that).  Today I filled up, at you guessed it, $2.49.  This is hilariously stupid, because it's actually a lower price than pre Covid and pre inflation.  In a parity sense, compared to his term and his economy, gas is at about $1.39 per gallon.  

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Trump threatened to impose tariffs on wines in response to France imposing a tax on digital services. 

And on Jan 12, 2021, he did put a 25% tariff on German and French wines due the Boeing/Airbus fight. Biden did away with those.

fuck Trump.

Don’t tariff my French wines! Texas wines are shit!

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I keep getting bombarded with his stupid ads claiming $7 per gallon gas (Exxon/Mobil execs probably cum in their pants seeing that).  Today I filled up, at you guessed it, $2.49.  This is hilariously stupid, because it's actually a lower price than pre Covid and pre inflation.  In a parity sense, compared to his term and his economy, gas is at about $1.39 per gallon.  

I’m in what is supposedly one of the most expensive gas markets in the country and gas is around $3.80 right now at Costco.  Where milk is about the same and free range organic eggs are 2 dzn for $8. These things just don’t feel much more expensive than they were 4 years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m in what is supposedly one of the most expensive gas markets in the country and gas is around $3.80 right now at Costco.  Where milk is about the same and free range organic eggs are 2 dzn for $8. These things just don’t feel much more expensive than they were 4 years ago. 

The milk thing is bizarre to me, yes it spiked for a bit, but it's like $1..49 a gallon here.  What the hell are these people talking about?  

Also, I'm sorry Mr. Rockefeller, but my Sears credit card has a limit, I can't afford the organic eggs.  Regular eggs right now are $2 a dozen, $2.50 for 18.  Again, what the hell are these people talking about?  

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The milk thing is bizarre to me, yes it spiked for a bit, but it's like $1..49 a gallon here.  What the hell are these people talking about?  

Also, I'm sorry Mr. Rockefeller, but my Sears credit card has a limit, I can't afford the organic eggs.  Regular eggs right now are $2 a dozen, $2.50 for 18.  Again, what the hell are these people talking about?  

You expect people who don’t know shit about basic economics and the ebbs and flows that creates in the prices one pays for a particular good or service to know what the hell they are talking about?

Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

And also a sign of dementia which crippled his father and is genetic. 

37 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

His problem is that he doesn't read what's going to come up on the teleprompter beforehand.  He's reading it as he goes.  That's why you can always tell where the line break on the prompter is.  If a sentence is

written like this. Then

this is how he

reads it.

Say what you will about Grandpa Joe and I feel for him in his old age, but he always reviewed the text before reading it live.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

$3.80.  That’s cute.

$4.16 at my Costco.

Point well taken on prices though.

This fucking McConnell article.  I mean, what a complete piece of shit.  

Let's start with the punchline: 

In a statement to CNN about his comments on the former president in the book, McConnell said, “Whatever I may have said about President Trump pales in comparison to what JD Vance, Lindsey Graham, and others have said about him, but we are all on the same team now.”

This is what he said into his "oral historian" that he turned over to someone writing a biography on McConnell. These are the statements made by a coward, wanting to be remembered as something else: 

the “MAGA movement is completely wrong” and that Ronald Reagan “wouldn’t recognize” the party today.

“I think Trump was the biggest factor in changing the Republican Party from what Ronald Reagan viewed and he wouldn’t recognize today,”

“Unfortunately, about half the Republicans in the country believe whatever he says,” ..., “I think I’m pretty safe in saying it’s not just the Democrats who are counting the days until he leaves on January 20, but the Republicans as well.”

“I’m not at all conflicted about whether what the president did is an impeachable offense. I think it is. Urging an insurrection and people attacking the Capitol as a direct result … is about as close to an impeachable offense as you can imagine, with the possible exception of maybe being an agent for another country,” 

calling Trump a “sleazeball,” a “narcissist” and saying that the former president is “stupid as well as being ill-tempered.” He added that Trump is “not very smart, irascible, nasty, just about every quality you would not want somebody to have.”

In 2022, Trump referred to Chao as McConnell’s “China loving wife, Coco Chow” in a post on Truth Social. Tackett reports that Chao was “deeply disturbed” by the comments, and McConnell said that his wife is “not used to taking a punch.”

Edited by Tuco
  • Rage+1 3

6 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Is this gonna be one of those nights where the thread takes a strange turn?

6 hours ago, TeeDubya said:

Tonight would be different how?

It was taking a strange turn, but then I discovered several others who loved Stacey Williams as much as I did, so....

Bill Murray Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Wait. Hold fucking on. He groped Stacey Williams?!!! The connoisseur's SI model.  I’m actually not fucking around. While everyone one else was waxing poetic about Kathy Ireland or whatever, those of us who knew…knew. 

Fuck that piece of shit. Fuck him to hell

IMG_5219.webp.0174bf6a3054a87e0420822b00c0424f.webp

High Five Best Friends GIF by Saturday Night Live

Kathy Ireland was a poor man's Stacey Williams.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

This fucking McConnell article.  I mean, what a complete piece of shit.  

Let's start with the punchline: 

This is what he said into his "oral historian" that he turned over to someone writing a biography on McConnell. These are the statements made by a coward, wanting to be remembered as something else: 

yep, just another obvious example of the gop ditching him. wait…

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Nevada is not pretty currently unless the rurals just all decided to vote early. Gonna be a steep uphill climb based on ralstons blog. 

Even Ralston did say everyone needs to chill because you can’t compare this year to 2020. He said GOP are 100% all in on early voting this time around

7 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Jesus.

I feel like we're a year or two away from them wearing little fake gold Trump medallions around their necks and building actual altars to him, probably where they've burned down synagogues and mosques.

He's a Con Man wizard
There has got to be a twist
A Con Man wizard
S'got such a little wrist