2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

12 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yeah, you know what else gives off "stick to the whites" vibes? The famously mediocre Loire Valley.  
Maybe you should stick to Merlot. 

I love a good Chinon as much as the next guy, but Loire red’s can be a bit hit or miss. 

I'm not sure I agree your police work there, since one is a cool river valley in central France and the other is….the Texas Hill Country.  Although your mention of Merlot is making me a bit thirsty for a St. Emilion. 

image.png.6ec02931eb11881da25cf50c6b9e4752.png

Toilet Paper Action? Don't need it. Got diapers.

Also, I want to thank all the great insights about wine and the oh-so-trendy smashburger. This thread is really slow and can use the added volume. And everybody cares about an individuals preferences about food and drink. 

However, I have laughed at the Chili's references. It was the first place I ever had a taco on a flour tortilla. I saw the face of God.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If he wins and she’s nominated, at least she will get grilled by the Dems in the senate.

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

I think it’s adorable that you don't think the Robert’s Court will waive away the Speech and Debate Clause and let him lock up lawmakers. 

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And with a R senate, boy won't that make a difference.

Lol at all of this. Just name her Acting AG and she never has to do jack shit in front of a senate. They already figured out this shit last time, guys. 

• Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Fast food is going through this right now. It's sad when you can go to a Chili's, Applebees, etc and get a better quality meal for the price some of these fast food joints are pricing themselves to. 

No shit....I went to a Mcdonald's in eastern Washington to buy my dog a 1/4 pound patty to reward him for his great day in the field and  was flppred by the prices...filet of fish was more than $10, and a crispy chicken sandwich was more than $13. His patty was $4.75.

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

I'm not sure I agree your police work there, since one is a cool river valley in central France and the other is….the Texas Hill Country.

Most of the good Texas grapes are from the high plains and the cab franc and viognier grown there are truly excellent. Hill Country grows pretty good Mouvedre and Tannat and the Tempranillo vines will be good in 10-15 years, but that’s about it. 

8 minutes ago, otisdog said:

No shit....I went to a Mcdonald's in eastern Washington to buy my dog a 1/4 pound patty to reward him for his great day in the field and  was flppred by the prices...filet of fish was more than $10, and a crispy chicken sandwich was more than $13. His patty was $4.75.

Why'd you take your dog to a McDonald's in an airport?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, otisdog said:

Under NDA, but did some work for one of the big fast food chains. They had survey after survey that suggested their customers base wanted better quality and was willing to spend a bit more. So they reengineered processes and spent more on ingredients. 

No one noticed the increase in quality. Everyone noticed the increase in price. 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.6ec02931eb11881da25cf50c6b9e4752.png

Toilet Paper Action? Don't need it. Got diapers.

Also, I want to thank all the great insights about wine and the oh-so-trendy smashburger. This thread is really slow and can use the added volume. And everybody cares about an individuals preferences about food and drink. 

However, I have laughed at the Chili's references. It was the first place I ever had a taco on a flour tortilla. I saw the face of God.

I assume it's "Turning Point Action" in case you were being serious. 

40 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I remember the giant caravan slowly moving towards our borders in the 2018 election. Did it ever get here or is this the same caravan?

No, they are still meandering around like the white walker army in Game of Thrones. You only cut to it when it's called for by the plot.

• Haha 2

That whole groping story that just broke gives me whiplash from shaking my head on anybody thinking it has any impact. The guy literally admitted doing that kinda stuff on a tape released a decade ago. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bluto said:

That whole groping story that just broke gives me whiplash from shaking my head on anybody thinking it has any impact. The guy literally admitted doing that kinda stuff on a tape released a decade ago. 

yeah.  what's it going to show?  him "grabbing her?"  maybe "by the pussy?" if only we knew he was like this earlier!

6 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Under NDA, but did some work for one of the big fast food chains. They had survey after survey that suggested their customers base wanted better quality and was willing to spend a bit more. So they reengineered processes and spent more on ingredients. 

No one noticed the increase in quality. Everyone noticed the increase in price. 

I assume they wanted to get away from the "pink slime."  

1 minute ago, bluto said:

You mean the one that broke yesterday or the one that’s rumored to be about to break? Lotta groping these days. Hard to keep track.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread.  The economoist's data guy thinks Trump is leading.

"Our presidential forecast currently gives Donald Trump a 56% chance to win the presidential election. That’s about a ten percentage point shift from where we were last week when it was Harris who was nearly a 5545 favourite. So you could still say that the race is pretty close to a coin toss, but it’s gone from one that was slightly weighted towards Harris to one that is slightly weighted towards Trump, and a ten percentage point move is meaningful."

https://www.economist.com/podcasts/2024/10/24/the-economists-election-model-puts-trump-in-the-lead

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You mean the one that broke yesterday or the one that’s rumored to be about to break? Lotta groping these days. Hard to keep track.

There's no way the Stacey Williams story is the one being discussed as a "campaign killer." That has to groping of a teenage daughter of a major donor before that will even raise eyebrows, much less be a campaign ender for this orange shitbag.

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I assume they wanted to get away from the "pink slime."  

I believe they were just shitty surveys. Pretty much everyone wants better quality. They just did a shitty job of tying that to price increase. 

And then pandemic so everyone decided to experiment with price elasticity. Bla bla 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, bluto said:

I took away from the story the Epstein angle.  I wonder if there is going to be a push to really elevate that aspect of his groping and creepy history.  

3 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I haven't been keeping up with this thread.  The economoist's data guy thinks Trump is leading.

"Our presidential forecast currently gives Donald Trump a 56% chance to win the presidential election. That’s about a ten percentage point shift from where we were last week when it was Harris who was nearly a 5545 favourite. So you could still say that the race is pretty close to a coin toss, but it’s gone from one that was slightly weighted towards Harris to one that is slightly weighted towards Trump, and a ten percentage point move is meaningful."

https://www.economist.com/podcasts/2024/10/24/the-economists-election-model-puts-trump-in-the-lead

Is this based on anything other than some shitty polls designed to have this exact effect? 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

what does "shades of '22" mean in this context?

I assume he means it terms of how basically nothing reported from the big counties on Wednesday/thursdays 

11 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

"And hopefully you'll read the ads on the webpage and visit the companies that support us.

Come back next week to see where our meaningless vibe barometer is pointing."

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Jack Black Smile GIF

Bad national polls? Really? +3 in TIPP and YouGov and +5 Marist 

Oh I see, Trump’s pollster (Trump +3) and HarrisX, which is always very good for Trump (Trump +1) and the Tory company in the UK must count 5x as much 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

There's no way the Stacey Williams story is the one being discussed as a "campaign killer." That has to groping of a teenage daughter of a major donor before that will even raise eyebrows, much less be a campaign ender for this orange shitbag.

Yeah and if there is a video of him groping some teenage Ivanka look a like, it absolutely will impact the election. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Oh I see, Trump’s pollster (Trump +3) and HarrisX, which is always very good for Trump (Trump +1) and the Tory company in the UK must count 5x as much 

Why. do. you. quote. the. fake. Nate????

You're blood pressure will improve if you click "unfollow."

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Have to keep that money pouring in for Trump on the gambling site. 

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Have to keep that money pouring in for Trump on the gambling site. 

Thiel won’t cut his paycheck otherwise 

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

need a TrumpX poll imo

And it needs to always favor Kamala. He’d lose it 

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This is what I keep telling my friends who are starting to panic. Nothing has changed, at least that's what my good buddy Js1 says. Pitchforks are coming out if you're wrong though. But you're not... right?!?

• Haha 1

Just now, Goofyboy said:

Dumb question:

We get exit polls on Election Day. Are the returns you guys are posting the same thing? If not, why aren’t there exit polls now?

Exit polls are rarely that reliable. I’d never trust them, even though I like to look at them 

3 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

This is what I keep telling my friends who are starting to panic. Nothing has changed, at least that's what my good buddy Js1 says. Pitchforks are coming out if you're wrong though. But you're not... right?!?

I mean, nothing has changed in the last month. At all 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Tuco said:

This fucking McConnell article.  I mean, what a complete piece of shit.  

Let's start with the punchline: 

This is what he said into his "oral historian" that he turned over to someone writing a biography on McConnell. These are the statements made by a coward, wanting to be remembered as something else: 

In 2022, Trump referred to Chao as McConnell’s “China loving wife, Coco Chow” in a post on Truth Social. Tackett reports that Chao was “deeply disturbed” by the comments, and McConnell said that his wife is “not used to taking a punch.”

I never thought they would eat MY face, sobbed Chao.

5 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

If 2022 is any indicator, Js1 had his finger on the pulse much better than any national pundit.

• Hook 'Em 1