2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Since when are we making a push for hydrogen cell cars?

Being afraid and grumpy of new technology is one of Trump's deals. He went on this bizarre rant encouraging people to buy incandescent light bulbs while President. It was weird.

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

The race to create a non-C02 creating car has come down to electric or hydrogen.  I guess Elon is whispering in his ear now.

Yeah it could be that to. Buy Tesla!

But if all MAGA nation goes out and buys electric cars I guess that would be a win.

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Anybody going to this rally?

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That’s Christians in 2024.

The hypocrisy used to be a little more hidden, but occasionally it would blow up in public.

As a kid, I had some Christian friends - they wouldn’t drink or do pot or even curse. I could trigger them with a well-timed “fuck” and I have no idea why they tolerated me. My friends all watched as marriages of some of our parents ended spectacularly.  The dad of one of our friends cheated on our friend’s mom with another friend’s ,I’m and I don’t know how it didn’t end up win a fight because everybody knew it.  Hell, when I turned 18 and moved away to school, one of my friend’s moms left my friend’s dad for me.  We used to go over to their place to play basketball, and my dumbshit friends would actually play basketball while I stayed inside and banged her.

14 min without a comment…

Respect, my man. 

• Like 1

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

20 mins walk but i’ll pass 

Fair. I hate the whole idea of going to a political rally even if I love the candidate.

But it would still be cool to hear what one of you thought about it if one of you go.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/23/2024 at 6:27 PM, MidTexHorn said:

As a veteran and former voter for Republicans I am perpetually disgusted by everything Trump and his supporters do. Fuck them all to hell. Every one of them. Many should be imprisoned for their behavior and the people of color who vote for him deserve to be rounded up and deported immediately if he is elected ( as he’s essentially promised). 

Here’s a little voting anecdote for y’all. We’re south Austinites. My 50-something year old wife grew up with evangelical “Christian” Republican parents like me. We met as kids in church. She protested for the anti-abortion position at the Jimmy Carter Democratic National convention as a teen. Since we’ve been married she’s been very disinterested in politics and I would always have to try to talk her into voting and she would frequently be “too busy” to vote or “forget” to vote. Since Monday morning she’s been begging me to go vote with her. Totally new behavior for her. She also asked me to help her put together a voting list that has zero Repubs on it and as many anti-Republican positions as possible. She is disgusted by Trump and our parents who support him.

She dragged me to the polls twice on Monday and twice yesterday, but the long lines deterred her. Last night after dinner she asked me if I wanted to try again to go vote with her. I said, nah, I’ll try again on Thursday since I had a business trip today. So she left by herself but the line was long again and she bailed. While I was on my flight this morning, she texted that she was in line to vote. And had waited almost an hour.  I nearly cried. So proud!

Oh...I was hoping she voted multiple times.

On 10/23/2024 at 8:04 PM, Bullneck said:

Hold onto your hats.  We have dodged a bullet:

I'd imagine he wanted to bomb France after Macron fucked Melania

MTWSMC6XHHSPUVA5QWB36KQJ3Y.jpg?auth=879b

13 hours ago, 'stache said:

Sonic smasher is pretty darn good, but I did get it at the one “good” Sonic still in the area. Not cheap but less than Chilis and you can avoid the shame spiral from realizing you’re sitting at a table eating at fucking Chilis.

Meh.  I've had much worse shame.

12 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I remember the giant caravan slowly moving towards our borders in the 2018 election. Did it ever get here or is this the same caravan?

Same caravan.  A shitload of Mexicans, but only 1 set of jumper cables.

10 hours ago, Tuco said:

Chili's was always my go-to if I was on a business trip that lasted more than 3 nights.  First three nights I would seek out interesting, local restaurants.  By the fourth night, I was tired and just wanted to go to some place that was easy.  

My work took me to some shitty towns.  I was always relieved to see that Chilis sign near my hotel. 

9 hours ago, heso said:

I’d love to see the numbers from Westmoreland, Washington, or Lancaster counties before I get too excited about those numbers. I expect she’ll do fine on the eastern 1/3 of the state. I’m more concerned about the western half. 

As Carville said, you've got Pittsburgh on the left, Philly on the right, and Mississippi in the middle. 

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

My economics teacher was a history teacher teaching another class. My government teacher was badass, though.

My HS government teacher was the best fucking teacher I ever had, including college.  He got arrested a few years back for diddling his own granddaughters. 

23 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Kamala onstage in Houston with Willie and Beyonce ... I will never be cool enough to attend such an event.

... meanwhile ... in a dark corner of a private jet terminal in Austin ... Trump and Cruz yuk it up with Joe Rogan ... so so exciting.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Texas Jeff said:

Kamala onstage in Houston with Willie and Beyonce ... I will never be cool enough to attend such an event.

... meanwhile ... in a dark corner of a private jet terminal in Austin ... Trump and Cruz yuk it up with Joe Rogan ... so so exciting.

it’s a dem neighborhood and u of h is very close by + downtown right there. montrose very close 

So, the Washington Post...

oh-jesus-christ-stu-berks.gif

Yesterday published a map and database that looked like this

image.thumb.png.f2f9c316e2ed789adb04e988eeedfb84.png

Then they realized they missed something and tonight they made a correction:

image.thumb.png.6f42962863deb210785df9e7c0ca1d3d.png

and now the map looks like this

image.thumb.png.52bfcd890bcc8210cf988e66c13ff400.png

image.thumb.png.0999c766e1ec429d23bb3c287cb83bbc.png

The incompetent fucks somehow left out donations to the Trump National Committee. https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/interactive/2024/trump-harris-donors-zip-code-map/

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 2

That revised map is funny for Texas in that all the Rs that live around the periphery of the blue urban centers are donating much more than their rural counterparts.  More expendable income in the suburbs and exurbs than the farm towns?  More density to pile up a big number?  Or does proximity breed resentment?

boise and kind of Atlanta are the only similar areas. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

44 minutes ago, Chopper said:

So, the Washington Post...

Pretty strong contrast there between San Marcos and NB. WTF, New Braunfels? Also a little surprised to see Williamson County, Bastrop, and Buda/Kyle so blue and Bastrop & Lockhart blue at all. Good to see.

See how your neighborhood is giving to Harris and Trump - Washington Post - Google Chrome 10_24_2024 11_25_00 PM.png

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, wood said:

Pretty strong contrast there between San Marcos and NB. WTF, New Braunfels? Also a little surprised to see Williamson County, Bastrop, and Buda/Kyle so blue and Bastrop & Lockhart blue at all. Good to see.

See how your neighborhood is giving to Harris and Trump - Washington Post - Google Chrome 10_24_2024 11_25_00 PM.png

NB is hard core maga country

the local govt sucks donkey boner 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

NB is hard core maga country

the local govt sucks donkey boner 

Yep. I just thought the big, very sharp difference between SM and NB was interesting. There's no gradation at all. Just blue, then wham, red. What accounts for that? Is it the German factor that was talked about weeks ago?

Edited by wood

4 hours ago, BamaATL said:

My sex ed teacher was also our linebacker and strength and conditioning coach.  Interestingly, when I look back upon it, he was surprisingly progressive on a lot of things, in particular on people being gay.  As a coach, complete meathead, as a teacher, I have to actually give him credit.  

Congratulations on your 1999 Minnesota state football championship! 🎉

4 hours ago, Royalfan5 said:

She’s on her way to being an Ernie Chambers/Terry Carpenter type hellraiser in the Unicameral and that’s great. If Vargas doesn’t get Don Bacon in NE-2 this time, I can see her taking it next time 

She's awesome, but way too liberal and bombastic for NE-2.  If she stays in local elected office, maybe city council.  But my guess is she starts some sort of advocacy/activist/lobbying group in Nebraska or joins one outside of Nebraska.  She will be term-limited soon, because of the rules they changed for Ernie and there just aren't many opportunities for promotions within Nebraska politics for fire-spitting progressives. 

42 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

SAS doesn't have many good uses, but tempting Fox News hosts to say "uppity" seems to be one of them.

Heh, I was thinking he was going for a different word, but yeah, that was also my reaction watching that. I think it almost worked.

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Then my other friend's mom left her husband for one of our group's friends as soon as he turned 18. We would go over to their place to play basketball and he would stay in the house.

Tell us more. And don't leave out any details.

Seriously, why wouldn't he come out? Because he was inside with a MILF, or out of shame? 

4 hours ago, wood said:

Yep. I just thought the big, very sharp difference between SM and NB was interesting. There's no gradation at all. Just blue, then wham, red. What accounts for that? Is it the German factor that was talked about weeks ago?

Nazis

4 hours ago, wood said:

Boerne eats shit.

• Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

20 mins walk but i’ll pass 

There will be lots of women. 

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

and light rail goes from u of h / tsu to the stadium 

There you are. Not reading and posting shit that’s been posted twice already and discussed!

8 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The crazy thing to me that there are so many smart middle-aged adults unable to admit to themselves or just now realizing that the economic orthodoxy of the 80's was bullshit

Are there though? It seems both Democratic and Republican voters reject it now. Which i find kind of wild.

8 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

The people who majored in a liberal arts major and didn’t dual or tri major are wastoids.

I'll tell ya who the bigger "waistoids" are:

All those frat boy fascists who've been rolling through McCombs for decades ... without having to think deeply and critically about pretty much anything serious ... that counters their naive Team Corporate Conservative Christian America worldview. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Did somebody post Jackson introducing Kamala?

I missed the Mel Gibson endorsement. Is there anyone who's ever had a touch of celebrity that's too toxic or insane for the Trump MAGA people to embrace publicly? Mel Gibson, Antonio Brown, Roseanne Barr, Lara Logan, Kanye West, Ted Nugent, Kristi Noem, Hulk Hogan, RFK Jr, Russell Brand. I feel like there's a decent chance we'll see Bill Cosby in Pennsylvania soon.