2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

26 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Joe Biden should have anyone even considering it killed.

He should.  And it's cool if he does, because thanks to the SCOTUS,  PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY!!!

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Never has the world needed a plane to crash like it needs Trump's to crash today.  He is poison.  He is walking, breathing poison.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Perhaps a few more key people at the Post will summon their courage.

Too little, too late. 

Won't be too hard to find "editors" who will kneel before the MAGA Fuhrer for a huge paycheck and proximity to fascist power in action and all the "news" that will generate. Pre-WW2 Nazi Germany is the historical model Team MAGA and Team Billionaire are following.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

how is this thing close?!

How? Here are some key reasons: Cowardly legacy media and cowardly billionaires who refuse to stand up to Trump and MAGA. And/or billionaires who agree with Trump/MAGA. That's how! 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Which is interesting, because in general, more Democrats vote R in presidential elections. But that was only slightly true in 2016, Biden got more R voters than Trumo got Democrats 2020, and with any luck that will hold in this election as well.  

32 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Joe Biden should have anyone even considering it killed.

According to the supreme court he would be immune from prosecution if he did. @TwiceHorn is that correct? Serious question. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Dear baby Jesus, please let Kamala win North Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona, so I won't have to hear a fucking word from my more outspoken family members from [checks notes] North Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona during Thanksgiving week.

lol. You think that will shut them up? I think you’ll hear nothing but RIGGED ELECTION and conspiracy shit through to 2025

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Thinking back the mom was very touchy with me too. I was too dumb to pick up on the signs though. If I had my current mindset I would've been knocking the bottom out of that on the reg.

tldr: conservative wimmenz are freaks

Yet another example of youth being wasted on the young.  

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Yeah, I renewed recently. I am giving them a call and telling them I am cancelling.  Fuck that.

I am about to do the same with the NY Times. They are still endorsing presidents, but they are going to stop for state and local elections.  That is just fucking stupid.

Also they continue to employ Bret Stephens.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

According to the supreme court he would be immune from prosecution if he did. @TwiceHorn is that correct? Serious question. 

I don't know about murdered but Biden should absolutely order that anyone who tries something be arrested and imprisoned. He's old, he's on the way out, and SCOTUS says he has immunity for official actions. Protection of federal elections is absolutely an official action. Throw them in prison immediately and let SCOTUS sort it out.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Red Five said:

Remember when Dotard was promising to release all the evidence he had compiled that showed the 2020 election had been stolen? He never did. Guess he must have forgotten.

It's getting released with his healthcare plan.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Just had a text convo with my anti-dotard buddy who is floating the idea of a dotard landslide.  Now I'm on the fucking Ledge.  Like WAY out there.  @Brisketexan what do we have to drink?

battleground state tracking polls have been off by 3-4 points, and they tend to herd in the same direction. In 2008 and 2012, they underestimated Obama. In 2016 and 2020, they underestimated Trump. In 2022, they underestimated Democratic house and Senate candidates.  

The current polls (the good ones) are working very hard not to underestimate Trump this time.  So: these are the possibilities:
1) The polls are right and it's a jump ball, coming down to legal manuevers in close states, like 2000.
2) They underestimate Trump, because polling is just very hard.  He wins 300+ EVs and it's over early, like 2016.
3) They underestimate Harris, because polling is just very hard.  She wins 300+ EVs and it's over early, like 2012

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

battleground state tracking polls have been off by 3-4 points, and they tend to herd in the same direction. In 2008 and 2012, they underestimated Obama. In 2016 and 2020, they underestimated Trump. In 2022, they underestimated Democratic house and Senate candidates.  

The current polls (the good ones) are working very hard not to underestimate Trump this time.  So: these are the possibilities:
1) The polls are right and it's a jump ball, coming down to legal manuevers in close states, like 2000.
2) They underestimate Trump, because polling is just very hard.  He wins 300+ EVs and it's over early, like 2016.
3) They underestimate Harris, because polling is just very hard.  She wins 300+ EVs and it's over early, like 2012

It's piss

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

16 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Too little, too late. 

Won't be too hard to find "editors" who will kneel before the MAGA Fuhrer for a huge paycheck and proximity to fascist power in action and all the "news" that will generate. Pre-WW2 Nazi Germany is the historical model Team MAGA and Team Billionaire are following.

This.  The playbook being run by MAGA, and by the legacy media kneeling at their feet, isn't just "similar."  

It's....

st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jp

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Also they continue to employ Bret Stephens.

Hah!  Listening to the Bulwark podcast with Stephens as a guest as we speak, mainly to see if Miller will call him out for being such a gigantic pussy.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Which is interesting, because in general, more Democrats vote R in presidential elections. But that was only slightly true in 2016, Biden got more R voters than Trumo got Democrats 2020, and with any luck that will hold in this election as well.  

To be absolutely immune, the action would have to be tied to a "core constitutional responsibility."  For example, Smith took the DOJ evidence out of the case, because a President dealing with his AG (or acting) or deputies, is a core responsibility.  Likely meaning a power/duty expressly listed in Article II or elsewhere.

On the other end, what is not immune are things done in a personal capacity or outside of the outer perimeter of presidential responsibility.

In the middle are things that are presumptively immune, where the presumption is rebutted by a showing that prosecution for that type of presidential action wouldn't have a "chilling effect" on the legitimate exercise of presidential responsibility in the future.

So, you'd have to be able to characterize it as a core constitutional responsibility.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Hah, I got an email from the NYT that called out the WaPo for not endorsing a candidate. Had "They're a bigger pussy than we are" feel to it.

If the NYT dunks on you, just shut down 

Have friends already waiting in line for the Harris Rally, it is already a madhouse.   They really should have picked a bigger venue, but maybe none were available on such short notice.   Either way, I expect it to be rocking tonight.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

Have friends already waiting in line for the Harris Rally, it is already a madhouse.   They really should have picked a bigger venue, but maybe none were available on such short notice.   Either way, I expect it to be rocking tonight.  

NRG is a voting site, so logistically would have been hard to shut it down for a rally 

Rockets play at home tonight 

Maybe Crane said no for MMP? 

UH campus might have said no for logistics 

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

NRG is a voting site, so logistically would have been hard to shut it down for a rally 

I'm not sure TDECU could hold as many people as what is listed in their capacity. It's more of a theory.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I was told originally it was going to be at Minute Maid.   Crane has supported Democrats in the past, but maybe didn't want the attention, not sure.  UH was likely a nog go due to school being in session, thus zero parking.

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

I was told originally it was going to be at Minute Maid.   Crane has supported Democrats in the past, but maybe didn't want the attention, not sure.  UH was likely a nog go due to school being in session, thus zero parking.

Wonder if the rockets game down the street made it logistically hard. Easier to do it on the other side of 59

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

A full arena plus tens of thousands turned away isn't the worst visual for Houston, TX, however.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I wonder if Meg is going to be there. Here's her new video because she's fine as hell. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2