2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

There is something about going on Joe Rogan that feels beneath the office, unlike any of the other podcasts/interviews she's done. Probably because Rogan is a meathead fucking idiot. 

This.  I don't give a fuck.  The people that listen to Rogan are probably 95% magats or non-voters anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 5

30 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You would think that Matt Mackowiak, email publisher and Chairman of the Travis County GOP,  would have more to do this close to Election Day than break an “EXCLUSIVE” about somebody else’s podcast,  but since he didn’t even bother to get candidates on the ballot for the vast majority of county races I guess he’s not super busy.

What the fuck would he know

NSIAP

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/election-official-assaulted-at-early-voting-location-on-the-southwest-side-elections-officials-say/273-c95bac23-14f1-4427-8403-c403fd59a355

Not my neck of the woods (I’m in OKC “burbs”), but I can see it happening in my neck of the woods.

And a fuckton of other places as well.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Stilicho said:

NSIAP

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/election-official-assaulted-at-early-voting-location-on-the-southwest-side-elections-officials-say/273-c95bac23-14f1-4427-8403-c403fd59a355

Not my neck of the woods (I’m in OKC “burbs”), but I can see it happening in my neck of the woods.

And a fuckton of other places as well.

I posted the story from this morning earlier...and assumed it was MAGA, wow who would have guessed?

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Was at a conference last week where Senator Mark Warner spoke, mostly tech AI stuff, but at the end he decided to talk about the election and said, the 72 hours leading into and 72 hours after the election are going to be extremely dangerous.  Told people to be  vigilant when it comes to consuming “news” on socials media, talked about Russia, China and Iran.  Then specifically said if one candidate is behind get ready for a bunch of AI generated Poll irregularities videos .   So this hits close to home 

Edited by Ted Lange
  • Rage+1 7

In positive news, the AJC is reporting that EV in Georgia has crossed 2.5 million ballots cast, more than 50% of the total turnout in 2020.  No raw data dump until tomorrow, but at a minimum that means 200k voted today. 

• Hook 'Em 7

44 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This.  I don't give a fuck.  The people that listen to Rogan are probably 95% magats or non-voters anyway. 

I disagree and really was hoping for her to go on there.  Shit ton of young males need to be reached plus the Tik Tok crowd. We can't keep ignoring this demo.  And she's  tough enough to brush back any bullshit he might ask.

I sadly know a lot of moderate types that listen to JR bc "he has interesting guests." I'm talking otherwise fairly progressive people  including a dude that had Tim Walz as an teacher in HS.

I think it would have created a lot of positives.

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Ok I’m gonna let you in on a secret. No bro who listens to Rogan is undecided, nor will their minds be changed at this point in the race. A lightbulb isn’t going to suddenly go off in their head. Shit, I bet the majority of them aren’t even going to actually vote. She needs to spend the next 10 days getting her people out. Not chasing the mythical white bro vote

This.  I have a real hard believing that a little over a week out there are still really undecideds left that would actually break for Harris.  If you are TRULY undecided at this point it means you are irretrievably stupid and should just join all the other stoopie stoopies voting for Trumptard or better yet, just sit this one out.  

• Hook 'Em 8

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Ok I’m gonna let you in on a secret. No bro who listens to Rogan is undecided, nor will their minds be changed at this point in the race. A lightbulb isn’t going to suddenly go off in their head. Shit, I bet the majority of them aren’t even going to actually vote. She needs to spend the next 10 days getting her people out. Not chasing the mythical white bro vote

Este. Fuck Joe Rogan.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

To me, for all the people saying she should do Rogan's show it has always come back to this.  Basically, to what end?  At least to me, it's always struck as akin to saying she should go do an interview or something with Clay Travis.  

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The transition away from twitter needs to happen ASAP.  Someone (Threads?) needs to step the fuck up and make a concerted effort.

It’s slow going, and people are split between BluSky, Mastodon, and Threads.  And Threads/Mega are dragging their feet in a few key features - embedding is now possible but it relies upon third parties to update their software, but they are still refusing to do DMs (telling people to pop back into Instagram for that). They are also sticking to only one hashtag which is annoying.

I like the discussions in threads - because of no advertising, there’s fewer bots and lots of people just talking.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s slow going, and people are split between BluSky, Mastodon, and Threads.  And Threads/Mega are dragging their feet in a few key features - embedding is now possible but it relies upon third parties to update their software, but they are still refusing to do DMs (telling people to pop back into Instagram for that). They are also sticking to only one hashtag which is annoying.

I like the discussions in threads - because of no advertising, there’s fewer bots and lots of people just talking.

They're all shit and pushing us towards the end game.  Fuck all of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

Trump going on JRE has potential to be a wake up call to some. There’s a large portion of guys that only hear sound bites, and have not listened to the uninterrupted jet stream of bullshit that comes out of his mouth. Don’t think it helps him much really

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Meh, every big city newspaper in TX has endorsed D's for years and it don't make a shit.  Anyone waiting for the Washington Post to weigh in with an endorsement to make up their mind who to vote for doesn't need to be voting in the first place.

Harris should go onto the Rogan podcast. Sure most of his listeners are trumpers but Rogan himself isn’t. And given the size of his audience, there is a benefit if 0.5% of them change their vote or stay home.

there is nothing Rogan could ask her that would harm her campaign. 

• Hook 'Em 1