2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, Stilicho said:

Yeah. They’re coming off the fucking rails. Just waste your career for TFG?

In Biloxi?!

Career?  He’s a chain-smoking, barely paid loser who never climbed past market 190.  At least some people fail upward.  He just languished in a shithole market. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s slow going, and people are split between BluSky, Mastodon, and Threads.  And Threads/Mega are dragging their feet in a few key features - embedding is now possible but it relies upon third parties to update their software, but they are still refusing to do DMs (telling people to pop back into Instagram for that). They are also sticking to only one hashtag which is annoying.

I like the discussions in threads - because of no advertising, there’s fewer bots and lots of people just talking.

What's interesting about Threads is that it's a carry over thirst trap from Instagram but much more localized. I'm not saying it's like shooting fish in a barrel but it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

loop star GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, F250 said:

What's interesting about Threads is that it's a carry over thirst trap from Instagram but much more localized. I'm not saying it's like shooting fish in a barrel but it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

loop star GIF

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

11 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This and the LA Times is nothing more than owners preemptively protecting themselves if DJT wins.  It is a sign that our Constitution and social contract are at grave risk. 

10 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

FWIW, doesn't seem like you say this kind of shit if you think you're about to win.

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Elon Musk - Twitter, Tesla, SpaceX, Starlink $250B

Jeff Bezos- Washington Post, Amazon, AWS $211B

Mark Zuckerberg- Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp $200B

Sergey Brin - Google  (Alphabet) YouTube $131B

Micheal Bloomberg - Bloomberg News $106B

Bill Gates - Microsoft, $106B

Rupert Murdoch - FoxNews, WSJ $22B

These seven combined are worth over a trillion dollars and collectively control most of the public information space.  You cannot have a functioning Democracy with this shit.  It’s too much concentration of power, they can rewrite history if they want and no government is going to stop them. 

This shit. This shit right here. All of it.

It's why this country is heading into a dark age at absolute best, regardless of who wins the election. Trump may or may not win, I honestly have no idea (gun to my head - he does, we simply cannot have nice things). But this shit is too far gone.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This shit. This shit right here. All of it.

It's why this country is heading into a dark age at absolute best, regardless of who wins the election. Trump may or may not win, I honestly have no idea (gun to my head - he does, we simply cannot have nice things). But this shit is too far gone.

Granted maybe this list wasnt 7 people long, but hasn't this been the case for a long fucking time? I don't buy into the doom and gloom here. Media magnates have always existed. 

4 hours ago, Born to Run said:

I disagree and really was hoping for her to go on there.  Shit ton of young males need to be reached plus the Tik Tok crowd. We can't keep ignoring this demo.  And she's  tough enough to brush back any bullshit he might ask.

I sadly know a lot of moderate types that listen to JR bc "he has interesting guests." I'm talking otherwise fairly progressive people  including a dude that had Tim Walz as an teacher in HS.

I think it would have created a lot of positives.

I generally agree with this sentiment, but if Joe Rogan can't accommodate the sitting Vice President of the United States by agreeing to reasonable terms - whether that be studio security, acknowledging there are going to be some questions she cannot answer, arranging a remote interview, whatever - then he can kiss VPOTUS's ass.

For the record, again, we have no idea if any of this happened because the source is the Travis County GOP clown.

4 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

jet stream of bullshit

Your wife also listens to I've Had It, I see.

18 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I generally agree with this sentiment, but if Joe Rogan can't accommodate the sitting Vice President of the United States by agreeing to reasonable terms - whether that be studio security, acknowledging there are going to be some questions she cannot answer, arranging a remote interview, whatever - then he can kiss VPOTUS's ass.

For the record, again, we have no idea if any of this happened because the source is the Travis County GOP clown.

Your wife also listens to I've Had It, I see.

That nonsensical post implying Harris is afraid of a Rogan interview for some reason is ridiculous and there's no reason to give it any credence. In fact Rogan said himself today that he's still trying to accommodate Harris.

image.png.ead3fddd449fa8f18e5b1fbaf40d87da.png

Edited by Chopper

2 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

Jesus it's insane that this election is even close. It was sickeningly astonishing the first time Trump won, but for Americans to put him in office again after everything he's done is just a big middle finger to the concept of responsible, democratic government. Voting for Trump is not an act of ignorance anymore, it's an act of malice.

Dick Fucking Cheney has publicly supported Kamala Harris, as have a shitload of other high-profile Republicans. Shit, the mayor of Oklahoma Fucking City just came out yesterday.

That means there's going to be a shitload of Republicans who *quietly* vote for her (or just don't vote).

Hell, .Republicans I know have said they are voting for Harris.

• Hook 'Em 2