2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Looks packed.  Forsyth County is about 30 miles due north of the perimeter of Atlanta, very much part of Metro Atlanta, and very much Republican.  

I've taken dumps with more heat than this.  

There were 1.3 million people waiting outside. They won’t let them in! - Trump 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

There’s your problem. 

Nothing, and I mean nothing, good comes out of Bowie and Montague County. Not a damn fucking thing. 

Allsups is only good once you’re beyond Childress

Amon Carter was from Bowie.   

14 minutes ago, Pancho said:

There’s your problem. 

Nothing, and I mean nothing, good comes out of Bowie and Montague County. Not a damn fucking thing. 

Allsups is only good once you’re beyond Childress

Sorry, my Panhandle knowledge is “avoid stopping and GTFO quickly”

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, quigley said:

That's suicide for his chance for higher office. Good for him to take a stand that he wasn't obligated to take.

He could easily run for Governor of Oklahoma (and the Secretary of Education is pissing off a lot of Okies). At the least, he’s guaranteed himself another term and people will have forgotten this by then (and May deliberately try to forget Trump),

When Trump loses again, a lot of people are going to pretend they never supported him.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Look at this shit from votevets trying to shame single party voting. IMG_2905.thumb.jpeg.f6f8c7a27839b1ea4a7c933cd16642e3.jpeg

I wonder which communities receive this. 

You may not be familiar with VoteVets but that’s probably targeting Republican voters.  They are big supporters of national security Dems who have won in purple/red districts.    

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

You may not be familiar with VoteVets but that’s probably targeting Republican voters.  They are big supporters of national security Dems who have won in purple/red districts.    

I don’t but it’s a bullshit play no matter who they are trying to influence. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t but it’s a bullshit play no matter who they are trying to influence. 

Sorry, what’s your objection?  You don’t think it’s normal to provide a framework in which opposite party affiliated voters feel more comfortable voting for your candidate?  Historically that is how most campaigns have been run.  

1 minute ago, LCHorn said:

Sorry, what’s your objection?  You don’t think it’s normal to provide a framework in which opposite party affiliated voters feel more comfortable voting for your candidate?  Historically that is how most campaigns have been run.  

I think the idea that a single party voter is a low information voter or that straight tickets are to be avoided is a bullshit message. I think that rating and comparing communities against neighboring communities is dumb. 

This afternoon, I fell asleep on the hammock in our yard. I had odd dreams and heard odd voices.

I awakened a female. Kamala and Allred were clapping. I was immediately recruited to join a woman's weight lifting team.

I don't know what to think. I guess I'll just sit here staring in the mirror at my breasts and genitalia until I figure things out.

Save me, Donald!

• Haha 8
  • Drool 1

51 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He could easily run for Governor of Oklahoma (and the Secretary of Education is pissing off a lot of Okies). At the least, he’s guaranteed himself another term and people will have forgotten this by then (and May deliberately try to forget Trump),

When Trump loses again, a lot of people are going to pretend they never supported him.

Speaking of which…when Trump was recently asked if he still supported Mark Robinson, whom he called “MLK on steroids”, Trump said he wasn’t familiar with that race at all. Surprised?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

I think he will be pardoned.

Look, I'm going to rep you a little because you could end up in Purgatorio in short order. 

Try not to think of this as an endorsement.  

You're willing to step up and give an opinion, no matter how deranged or misguided. 

You have virtually no rep. Until recently you had drive by pix of your choices for leaders. It was posted without comment and knowing the humor of this place at first I thought it was snark.

No, you legitimately think that bunch of losers are the best of leaders.

So far I haven't seen a whole lot of anything that tells me that you're not a legit believer in Trump. You're willing to stand there and spout crazy bullshit because that's what you really believe.

It's like we have a focus group member come to visit. At 76 rep I have to provide a little cover. 

Work with me here. Try to not be a dick 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, achooloco said:

he's wrong, he's a piece of shit, and he should feel bad for supporting a piece of shit traitor that will within 10 years on avg be looking up at us and crying burning tears of agony.

Is there anything left for New Yorkers to learn about Donald Trump.?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Is there anything left for New Yorkers to learn about Donald Trump.?

Learn? I mean we know don old is john doe 174 but can it make a difference? who knows. All i know is that tomorrow trumptards will see how much real american patriots hate traitors. I'll be ready with my two posterboards.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Sorry, my Panhandle knowledge is “avoid stopping and GTFO quickly”

And that's fair.

8 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Learn? I mean we know don old is john doe 174 but can it make a difference? who knows. All i know is that tomorrow trumptards will see how much real american patriots hate traitors. I'll be ready with my two posterboards.

Well done. I'm avoiding that area like the plague.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He could easily run for Governor of Oklahoma

Sure. He could run for governor, and I could run for governor too.

So far, GOP that buck Trump don't remain in the GOP. Larry Hogan is a rare exception to this rule.

We'll see if the rule changes if/when Trump loses again.

9 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

You people have my head spinning. The level of confidence here on a Harris win is very exciting given the public media stories and polls. 

But, I recall eight years ago and this group was also highly confident. So, do we have that situation again?

I can’t remember the general tone four years ago, but I think there was a genuine lack of clarity one way or the other? Can’t remember. 

Personally, I was very confident four years ago. What doubt I had was purely 2016 PTSD. Biden's lead in polls was just too wide. We got a historic polling error and he still won.

I'm not at all confident of anything either way this year. I'm def not biting on the anecdata about everyone's Republican friends adding up to be this huge chunk of defections to the D side. Like everyone else, we all live in our own bubbles.

2 minutes ago, quigley said:

We'll see if the rule changes if/when Trump loses again.

There's going to be a helluva lot of blame being thrown around, and I have no doubt that Trump will try and burn the GOP down to deflect blame (even as he still controls its purse strings and even as its his fault he's losing), but there are going to be a lot of Republicans who won't stand for him declaring next January that he's running for 2028.  They were willing to tolerate him sucking up a shitload of money that should have been spread around the GOP/RNC, but him losing twice in a row and trying to run again for 2028 will be too much. Republicans like Holt will be in a good position to pick up the pieces.

It's weird - he's progressive as fuck for a Republican (supported/met with BLM at protests, LBGTQ, COVID mandates, Indigenous People's Day, etc.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Holt_(politician)#First_term

But he also worked for Dennis Hastert....