2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Right.  And when the get blowback for racist or other "non-PC" stuff at a show, they push back with "hey this is a comedy act, not meant to be taken seriously, chill out, just having fun, etc..) When it's part of a political rally, you don't get that cover anymore.  You just don't.  And it demonstrates it was never just about having fun.  

But, at the end of the day, he will gain some following out of this.  So, he achieved his goal.  So did some other speakers.  I don't think they helped Donald much.  

Yep

image.thumb.png.bb6e00afaa687462b314faf431f0d152.png

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.880ebbddeb080a25620d5f58064a176c.png

Cheryl, you're getting sleepy. Sleepy.

Are you trying to hypnotize me?

Just waitin' on the roofie.

Pretty sure this is Marilyn Manson and he's the latest disgraced or insane former celebrity to try and stay relevant by going MAGA.

The point is the outrage.   They know they can't win this without cheating.  And they need their cult behind them when they cheat.  Get everyone not in the cult outraged, and no longer speaking to their trumpy friends and family.  Silo their people off even more from real news.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Get everyone not in the cult outraged, and no longer speaking to their trumpy friends and family.

I’m still talking to my MAGA family, but only to tell them that they’re shameful embarrassments.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

“Out of context” lol wut 

Hinchcliffe doesn’t think he should distinguish between a roast and a major party presidential rally.  And he thinks that makes him cool.  He was great roasting Tom Brady.  He should get fucking spit-roasted for today and deserves all of what he gets. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wood said:

It will be because of the broad coalition she's been building among women, young/new voters, black voters, brown voters, LGBTQ+ voters, white educated men, making inroads with white high school grad men, and the NeverAgainTrump voters.

Another fringe benefit of this coalition building is she can tell the Gaza purity test fuckers to pound sand.

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

did he say that stuff on purpose to tank trump ?

One can only hope, but my 20 yo (who was a big fan and is probably the only reason I even know who Tony is) told me he's been being quite a self-important dbag lately, so who knows.

Edited by wood

So even if we set aside that he's an insult comic, why would you take this job at a campaign rally? Are you hoping to broaden your MAGA listenership? I'm sure he'll get a lot of support from the shitbags out there. I just don't get why you would even entertain doing that unless you feel you're untouchable. Of course the ultimate just rewards will be that if Trump loses the election and some canvassing references this guy, MAGA is going to want to destroy him. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

come at me bro ….

Grant Cardone is looking upon by many as a grifter. Basically buy his expensive courses and he will teach you to 10x your net worth this year. And you can put money into his real estate investment funds for unaccredited investors. Give him some money to buy real estate and he will return dividends. Maybe to the tune of 4% or less. When selling properties, his fund takes much of the profit. He has plenty of videos flying around on his personal jet, visiting his numerous vacations homes, and berating you for not being worth $100m by 30. Believe he might be a Scientologist as well.

I’m 100% not accusing him of sucking up to Trump for any future pardons.

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So even if we set aside that he's an insult comic, why would you take this job at a campaign rally? Are you hoping to broaden your MAGA listenership? I'm sure he'll get a lot of support from the shitbags out there. I just don't get why you would even entertain doing that unless you feel you're untouchable. 

Most comedians who use edgy humor have major disdain for cancel culture, and cancel culture is associated with the left/democrats.  So some of these dudes think backing Trump is their only play.  It’s really stupid, but understandable.

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So even if we set aside that he's an insult comic, why would you take this job at a campaign rally? Are you hoping to broaden your MAGA listenership? I'm sure he'll get a lot of support from the shitbags out there. I just don't get why you would even entertain doing that unless you feel you're untouchable. Of course the ultimate just rewards will be that if Trump loses the election and some canvassing references this guy, MAGA is going to want to destroy him. 

Yes, I think he is looking to pick up additional audience.  

The more pertinent question is why would the campaign book him.  It's not like his act is some secret.  Having racist humor as part of the warmup was part of the agenda. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Also, who tf cares if he’s a comedian? That doesn’t change the overall message. As a comedian his job is to present a message that entertains his audience. He chose blatant racism, because that’s what they like. That is the overall issue people should see. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Right.  And when the get blowback for racist or other "non-PC" stuff at a show, they push back with "hey this is a comedy act, not meant to be taken seriously, chill out, just having fun, etc..) When it's part of a political rally, you don't get that cover anymore.  You just don't.  And it demonstrates it was never just about having fun.  

But, at the end of the day, he will gain some following out of this.  So, he achieved his goal.  So did some other speakers.  I don't think they helped Donald much.  

100% Agreed. Comedy can be about whomever you want to poke fun at, no limits. IMO the only rule is you got to be smart enough to make it funny, interesting, novel, or thought provoking etc. But at a political rally? Fuck no. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, achooloco said:

100% Agreed. Comedy can be about whomever you want to poke fun at, no limits. IMO the only rule is you got to be smart enough to make it funny, interesting, novel, or thought provoking etc. But at a political rally? Fuck no. 

Well, wait wait. Not just at a political rally. At that political rally which everyone has said is mirroring the Nazi rally in 1939. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Especially considering he tied the Latino joke into "just like they are coming in to this country."  He's using the "humor" to fire up the crowd over policy.  

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, Bojack said:

Pretty sure this is Marilyn Manson and he's the latest disgraced or insane former celebrity to try and stay relevant by going MAGA.

Maybe if Manson was twenty years younger he could pass for the dude in that picture.  Also, I doubt a shock artist that released a music video with a decapitated body bleeding out on the floor wearing a bad fitting blue suit and red tie is much of a dotard supporter.

15 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Also, who tf cares if he’s a comedian? That doesn’t change the overall message. As a comedian his job is to present a message that entertains his audience. He chose blatant racism, because that’s what they like. That is the overall issue people should see. 

greg gutfeld thinks he’s a comedian too, so it’s not like the bar is set that high.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

My brother in law watches a lot of comedian podcast shit on YouTube. He's put on a few for me to watch. Lots of Trumpy bullshit from these dudes. Including Shane Gillis, who has been on Hinchliffe's show many times. I'm a fan of insult comedy but these assholes cater to Trumpy frat bros for clicks and cash. Fuck'em all. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Most comedians who use edgy humor have major disdain for cancel culture, and cancel culture is associated with the left/democrats.  So some of these dudes think backing Trump is their only play.  It’s really stupid, but understandable.

“Edgy?” Watermelon jokes, Hispanics having too many babies, and PR being a garbage dump are not edgy by any stretch of the imagination 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

Yeah, New York and London are international cities.  New York is arguably the economic and cultural capitol of the Western Hemisphere.  Having international cities as part of America helps America extend its influence throughout the world. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Especially considering he tied the Latino joke into "just like they are coming in to this country."  He's using the "humor" to fire up the crowd over policy.  

10 to 1 the stupid fuck doesn’t realize Puerto Ricans are US citizens 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

My brother in law watches a lot of comedian podcast shit on YouTube. He's put on a few for me to watch. Lots of Trumpy bullshit from these dudes. Including Shane Gillis, who has been on Hinchliffe's show many times. I'm a fan of insult comedy but these assholes cater to Trumpy frat bros for clicks and cash. Fuck'em all. 

Chris Rock once said you can be racist or offensive but it has to be funny and for it to be funny, it has to be just a little bit true.

• Hook 'Em 2