2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The media always takes trumps bait. Instead of focusing on his insults or threats that his crowd loves, focus on the disastrous impact of his economic policies.

so much this

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

These folks. When they leave I will.

I don't think that's a particularly compelling argument tbh. There is positive value in their presence remaining on Twitter. What value is there for you that outweighs the financial and social support you provide to the platform by your usage?

• Hook 'Em 3

If I was the richest person in the world I would never go to a political rally. What’s the point of Scrooge McDuck money if you’re just gonna post on SM all day and go be bored surrounded by insane levels of idiocy and mediocrity?

Buy a sports franchise like a normal rich asshole. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, safe sex said:

If you haven't nuked your twitter by now, what's keeping you from doing it? It's owned and run by an openly proud Nazi. Look at his FUCKING HAT

I remember the tale of a Jewish-American serviceman who was captured and put in a Stalag. His first week there, the Germans asked him if he wanted to subscribe to (IIRC) the Völkischer Beobachter, the Nazi Party newspaper. So he did. He always got his copy, because what camp guard was going to mess with Hitler's newspaper, and he could figure out how the war was going by turning the German lies inside out.

Plus, he always had toilet paper.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I remember the tale of a Jewish-American serviceman who was captured and put in a Stalag. His first week there, the Germans asked him if he wanted to subscribe to (IIRC) the Völkischer Beobachter, the Nazi Party newspaper. So he did. He always got his copy, because what camp guard was going to mess with Hitler's newspaper, and he could figure out how the war was going by turning the German lies inside out.

Plus, he always had toilet paper.

he must have been enlisted. Yeah, I understand the know your enemy and all that. But got tired of chasing fake titties. So dropped it, spend more time with my wife, and see real titties.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, softlynow said:

If I was the richest person in the world I would never go to a political rally. What’s the point of Scrooge McDuck money if you’re just gonna post on SM all day and go be bored surrounded by insane levels of idiocy and mediocrity?

Buy a sports franchise like a normal rich asshole. 

The same way that you become the richest person in the world: it's never enough. He's pretty clearly another insecure person trying to make themselves feel whole.

Also, I suspect you're greatly overestimating Elon's smarts - he's got a lot of intellectual peers there. Did you miss Habba's walk up song?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is what Brisket has been fucking saying for years now.

For the record, I have been offering similar warnings and observations about the collapse and trends -- for over two decades, just not in Surly, but often in public forums/settings/etc. Almost everyone (98%) was in denial and most probably still are. Welcome to American Exceptionalism. FAFO.

And now the Christian-fascist-nazi theocracy is here. 

That's why I'm over the ledge.... past brisket!

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

he must have been enlisted. Yeah, I understand the know your enemy and all that. But got tired of chasing fake titties. So dropped it, spend more time with my wife, and see real titties.

The book may still be in the UT library. This dude's (Jewish) family was given free Klan membership when he was a child in upstate New York because the local boosters wanted to report a 100% sign-up rate to the home office. Before WW2 he fought on the Republican side in Spain, and got in hot water with the US Govt for being "Prematurely Anti-Fascist."

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, safe sex said:

I don't think that's a particularly compelling argument tbh. There is positive value in their presence remaining on Twitter. What value is there for you that outweighs the financial and social support you provide to the platform by your usage?

Since we have had a side trip to Chili's I'll be your huckleberry.

Because it's still the best source for breaking news, whether it's political, world, or sports. I've tried the others. Waited around for God knows how long for bluesky to get an invite, threads won't let me disassociate FB from them, and mastodon is barely there. I'll posit that whatever he makes off of me is cut back by the extensive block list that is growing. It's obvious that he isn't making money. He's destroying what he bought. 

There are still some good sources on there. Do I approve of what it has become? Of course not. I don't know of any other place that has the immediate access to news that it has. 

How much money does he actually make off of my being there? How would you be able to quantify it? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

This fuckstick.

I watched that. He reminds me of one of those union or mob 'muscle' guys.  What a POS. He needs someone to fuck up his shit.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

if those fucks didn't get the message when he threw paper towels at them after a hurricane...well, they deserved to get their asses kicked by the Jets. 

Cause every Puerto Rican's a lousy chicken!

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

if the election goes to the house, trump has the votes 

all they have to do is muddy it up like hell to get it to the house. multiple maga states will refuse to certify their results ?

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, Sheep Have Wool said:

The same way that you become the richest person in the world: it's never enough. He's pretty clearly another insecure person trying to make themselves feel whole.

Also, I suspect you're greatly overestimating Elon's smarts - he's got a lot of intellectual peers there. Did you miss Habba's walk up song?

Musk is a moron born with money. Here’s an item you need:

image.png.887910e5b9c0c29648832134b141794b.png

So Ricky Martin, Bad Bunny, and Jennifer Lopez all shared a Kamala Harris video after the rally today on Instagram and Ricky Martin is now saying IG is shadowbanning it. Posters on Bluesky are confirming the Harris video isn't showing on any of their accounts.

We have to destroy the billionaire class.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

They’re doing cartwheels over on aggy. Unbelievable 

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3502586/2

of all the things i will never, ever understand...how so many Longhorns on this site happily and enthusiastically align themselves with fucking texags and don't see anything wrong or contradictory or ironic with it might just be the most wtf thing ever.

200 (5).gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

OMG what did they say about Puerto Ricans JUST NOW!? 

I sweatergawd people need to be fed hand to mouth, verbatim, and only on their own demographic/type before than can conjure up any ability to give a F.

its not even read between the lines and hasn't been for some time. its been to basically care about justice for everyone and pay attention. our brains have been made mush by social media and its f'ing frightening. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

The most traditional way to obtain Ivy League admission is to outperform at Andover or Choate or similar.  Once admitted to an Ivy, the grade inflation takes care of itself as well as the grad school admission of choice, typically.  Nothing there guarantees intelligence or the actual receipt of education, although the eastern boarding school is probably well-above-average.

Those who go to Ivy graduate schools from the hinterlands are, at the very least, academic savants and probably hard workers.  Doesn't guarantee they have a very good education or are even very intelligent.

I don't think Ivies offer much actual educational advantage over a decent or top tier state university, or a variety of smaller, quality private schools.

The Ivy League will get you a cush job making damn good money for sure.  But when you're at the actual top brains and real performance win out.  You don't end up a CEO of a fortune 500 due to your degree.  

*Only 11.8% of 2023 Fortune 100 CEOs attended an Ivy as undergrads. Only 9.8% hold an Ivy League MBA.

• Hook 'Em 1