2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

6 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Agreed. A centrist Democrat from a red state. Not going to get Kentucky, but he'll appeal to independent voters who don't like the extremes of either party. 

He's younger, too.  I like Cooper but he's 67, according to the Inter-google.

All three of them seem to be able to get votes in either red or purple states.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Agreed. A centrist Democrat from a red state. Not going to get Kentucky, but he'll appeal to independent voters who don't like the extremes of either party. 

He could make them work for Ohio, though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Watching the debate, I felt Biden had been over-prepped and was reaching for canned responses. I thought he should just focus on a single point each time he was asked a question and then talk about the fate of the nation should the fascist rapist get elected. 

Policy arguments are old paradigm. Brass knuckles character assassination is new paradigm. Trump is such a ripe target for that.

Whoever proceeds, they need to focus on what the biggest issue for the country is: America is the Constituion; Trump is killing the constituion by any means possible. And just stay on the attack. If Trump cared about the country, he'd be involved in preventing or planning for the climate disaster. He's not doing it because of money from the rich.

No more, "We got $200MM for education and the VA... " Very sadly, the ones who will decide neither care nore understand.

Reminds me of Mack Brown's "stat vomit" pressers near the end.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I realize I’m a broken record at this point, but “we listened to the voters and it’s clear that they want new blood, that’s why I am stepping aside and endorsing my running mate” is a much better campaign message than “vote for the guy that goes to bed after Wheel of Fortune.”
Framing this as a “Democrats listened to the voters, Republicans are sticking with the felon” is I think an underrated scenario.

legislatively, Biden has kicked mega ass. If we had someone that can point out all the wins and Trump’s failure at life it could resonate with people that need to get off the couch and vote. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Shit gettin' real now:

Abigail Disney, the granddaughter to Roy O. Disney, who cofounded The Walt Disney Company, told CNBC on Thursday that she plans to withhold donations to the party she has funded for years until Biden drops out. The president has said he has no plans to withdraw from the race, despite calls for him to do so.

And she’s not the only one pausing gifts until Biden steps down. Gideon Stein, the president of the Moriah Fund, said he’s decided to pause planned donations of $3.5 million, earmarked for nonprofits and political organizations aligned with the presidential race.

“Joe Biden has been a very effective president, but unless he steps aside my family and I are pausing on more than $3 million in planned donations to nonprofits and political organizations aligned with the presidential race, with the exception of some down ballot work,” Stein said. “Virtually every major donor I’ve talked to believes that we need a new candidate in order to defeat Donald Trump.”

Karla Jurvetson, a philanthropist and major Democratic donor, hinted as recently as Tuesday in a private donor call that she agrees with the sentiment on pausing donations until Biden steps down and could end up making such move, according to a person familiar with her remarks. The person was granted anonymity in order to speak freely about a private conversation.

A spokesman for Jurvetson did not return repeated requests for comment.

Jurvetson is among the top 50 donors this cycle across the country, donating over $5 million to Democrats, according to OpenSecrets. She’s given over $200,000 to the Biden Victory Fund this cycle, according to FEC records.

Jurvetson gave over $30 million to Democrats in 2020, according to the data.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Shit gettin' real now:

Abigail Disney, the granddaughter to Roy O. Disney, who cofounded The Walt Disney Company, told CNBC on Thursday that she plans to withhold donations to the party she has funded for years until Biden drops out. The president has said he has no plans to withdraw from the race, despite calls for him to do so.

And she’s not the only one pausing gifts until Biden steps down. Gideon Stein, the president of the Moriah Fund, said he’s decided to pause planned donations of $3.5 million, earmarked for nonprofits and political organizations aligned with the presidential race.

“Joe Biden has been a very effective president, but unless he steps aside my family and I are pausing on more than $3 million in planned donations to nonprofits and political organizations aligned with the presidential race, with the exception of some down ballot work,” Stein said. “Virtually every major donor I’ve talked to believes that we need a new candidate in order to defeat Donald Trump.”

Karla Jurvetson, a philanthropist and major Democratic donor, hinted as recently as Tuesday in a private donor call that she agrees with the sentiment on pausing donations until Biden steps down and could end up making such move, according to a person familiar with her remarks. The person was granted anonymity in order to speak freely about a private conversation.

Jurvetson is among the top 50 donors this cycle across the country, donating over $5 million to Democrats, according to OpenSecrets. She’s given over $200,000 to the Biden Victory Fund this cycle, according to FEC records.

These people are dumb and cnbc are Trump supporters in disguise!!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I realize I’m a broken record at this point, but “we listened to the voters and it’s clear that they want new blood, that’s why I am stepping aside and endorsing my running mate” is a much better campaign message than “vote for the guy that goes to bed after Wheel of Fortune.”
Framing this as a “Democrats listened to the voters, Republicans are sticking with the felon” is I think an underrated scenario.

Also, guess who now gets to pound away against the guy who is WAY too old for the job and showing signs of dementia? Couldn't do that before.

In addition to the, you know, felony, rape, insurrection etc. stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Also, guess who now gets to pound away against the guy who is WAY too old for the job and showing signs of dementia? Couldn't do that before.

In addition to the, you know, felony, rape, insurrection etc. stuff. 

I believed Joe was too old before.  I thought there were signs.  He more than confirmed it during the debate though. Head cold be damned 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Harris has to be top of ticket. Optics of being passed up for a white woman are un-recover-from-able and will squander black women turnout where it's needed.

This is what drives me crazy about the modern Democratic party.  

Instead of backing the candidates with the best chance to win, they always default to who's "next in line".  

We knew Hillary would lose, but it was 'her turn".... Biden's old and been in politics longer than a lot of us have been alive, so he's next.  Now, Harris is next and oh, my god, we can't choose someone else because some black women might get upset.  

If black women want to vote against their own self-interest, then so be it... I hope they enjoy Jim Crow Part Deux.

Dems should worry about winning independents.  Period.

I mean, do you guys want to win or just seem like you're playing fair?  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Sorry, @RomaVicta, your fired as the new campaign manager.  Suit up, @Chuckie Finster.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Instead of backing the candidates with the best chance to win, they always default to who's "next in line".  

We knew Hillary would lose, but it was 'her turn".... Biden's old and been in politics longer than a lot of us have been alive, so he's next.  Now, Harris is next and oh, my god, we can't choose someone else because some black women might get upset.  

If black women want to vote against their own self-interest, then so be it... I hope they enjoy Jim Crow Part Deux.

Barack Obama says hi. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

You appear to think the proposers of Harris taking over on this board actually like her.  She kinda sucks.  My advocacy for her is very much ONLY about winning. 

This is really cart before the horse, but even if she wins she probably fares poorly against a generic Republican in '28, presuming we all live long enough to see it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Barack Obama says hi. 

Why? 

Did you not notice I said, "modern Democratic party" and started with Hillary?  

News flash, this isn't 2008.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Yes.  

You're free to use the way back search function on here and you'll find me saying that in 2015-2016.

I also said last year that Biden would not end up being the nominee this cycle.  

Both times I was told I was being reactive and unrealistic.  I'd like to say I got the last laugh, but I'm not laughing.

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Yes.  

You're free to use the way back search function on here and you'll find me saying that in 2015-2016.

I also said last year that Biden would not end up being the nominee this cycle.  

Both times I was told I was being reactive and unrealistic.  I'd like to say I got the last laugh, but I'm not laughing.

you could have retired if you bet against hilary winning in 2016. “We all knew Hilary would lose” was so far out of the consensus. Trump and his band of tards didn’t think Hilary was going to lose on the day of the election. It was completely unexpected. 

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

you could have retired if you bet against hilary winning in 2016. “We all knew Hilary would lose” was so far out of the consensus. Trump and his band of tards didn’t think Hilary was going to lose on the day of the election. It was completely unexpected. 

Doubt it.  I wasn't alone...many of the same people complaining now are the same ones who were complaining then.

The nomination process was a joke for Hillary.  

Her campaign literally was the DNC before she "won" the nomination... I mean as in sharing an address.  Remember all those debates at non-peak times?  Remember Bernie getting zero support from the DNC?

Anyone with eyes could see that Trump was successful, not because of his views, but because he was not seen as a Washington insider.  That was also Bernie's appeal.  So guess what... when Hillary became the nominee the "Bernie Bros" either voted for Trump or stayed home.

It wasn't rocket surgery to see it happening.

11 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Hell fucking yes.  At this point in time, we need Dems to be a pragmatic meritocracy that puts country over party or personal interests.  If Obama can displace Hilary, then anything is possible given the will to act in the best interest of the country and nominate a vigorous young moderate that will appeal to centrists and independents.   They are begging and pleading for an alternative to Trump that they can have faith in.

I know Republicans should put country over party and are far more egregiously wrong.  I don’t give a shit.  They are a lost cause.  This is about stopping their darkest fringe from erecting an American apartheid.

I am excited to see mega donors starting to hold Dems to a higher standard than their ineptly shitty business as usual.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

You appear to think the proposers of Harris taking over on this board actually like her.  She kinda sucks.  My advocacy for her is very much ONLY about winning. 

This is really cart before the horse, but even if she wins she probably fares poorly against a generic Republican in '28, presuming we all live long enough to see it. 

I'd probably vote for her too, but she doesn't inspire me to GOTV or really do anything to support her candidacy. 

My assumption is that other independents feel the same way, so I just don't think she can win. 

She's simply not a relatable person.  She seems too fake and forced all the time. 

She's the female Newsome in my mind.

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I know Republicans should put country over party and are far more egregiously wrong.

That ship has sailed.  But what people seem to not understand is that Trump is no more popular than he was last time... probably even less.

But Democrats and Republicans are not the only voting block.  People forget about us independents that just want someone new.  

It's not a coincidence that Trump's popularity has stayed almost exactly the same, whereas Biden's has dropped about 10%, and RFK Jr. is polling at about 10%.  

The math isn't that difficult.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Shit gettin' real now:

This is the fastest way to get Biden out. The DNC won’t fuck around if money starts to dry up, and it will.

14 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

That ship has sailed.  But what people seem to not understand is that Trump is no more popular than he was last time... probably even less.

But Democrats and Republicans are not the only voting block.  People forget about us independents that just want someone new.  

It's not a coincidence that Trump's popularity has stayed almost exactly the same, whereas Biden's has dropped about 10%, and RFK Jr. is polling at about 10%.  

The math isn't that difficult.

18 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'd probably vote for her too, but she doesn't inspire me to GOTV or really do anything to support her candidacy. 

My assumption is that other independents feel the same way, so I just don't think she can win. 

She's simply not a relatable person.  She seems too fake and forced all the time. 

She's the female Newsome in my mind.

These two posts back to back are rich and demonstrate the folly of appealing to this type of voter. "I just want someone new to vote for her" . . . "But not that lady, and not that guy, and . . . "

• Hook 'Em 4

55 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So you’re saying…

IMG_6215.gif.7340c410f061bbc9c206e101abae177d.gif

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Don't shoot the messenger here. I'm only relaying facts. Argue all you want with black women as a voting bloc (we've had this conversation with Muslims as a voting bloc as well over the Gaza issue), but no matter how you slice it, turnout will be lower if Kamala is passed over for someone else. No matter how you slice it, we can't afford that.

I think Kamala can win. Dems only need a game manager, not a Heisman winner.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I think this post makes you an authority on dumb.

You poor leftist limp wrist you should have gone out and celebrated our nations birthday instead you hate our economy, you hate our country and soon your lords and masters will shove UBI and social credit down your stupid neck while making you a dopamine addict all so you could virtue signal.

I hope it was worth it. Next time try sucking less at life....

PXL_20240704_234716391.jpg

PXL_20240704_234706950.jpg

PXL_20240704_201132789.MP.jpg

IMG-20240704-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240704-WA0007.jpg

PXL_20240704_012633415.MP.jpg

Edited by Pimphand
  • Fuck You 5

24 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

These two posts back to back are rich and demonstrate the folly of appealing to this type of voter. "I just want someone new to vote for her" . . . "But not that lady, and not that guy, and . . . "

What's new about Kamala Harris?

She's the f'ing Vice President.

As for Newsome, I just don't like the guy.  He seems like a total douche.

13 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

You poor leftist limp wrist you should have gone out and celebrated our nations birthday instead you hate our economy, you hate our country and soon your lords and masters will shove UBI and social credit down your stupid neck while making you a dopamine addict all so you could virtue signal.

IMG-20240704-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240704-WA0007.jpg

Rather be dead in Texas than alive in Idaho

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

What's new about Kamala Harris?

She's the f'ing Vice President.

As for Newsome, I just don't like the guy.  He seems like a total douche.

Right. You want someone else. That'll be the answer no matter who is running. 

34 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

IMG-20240704-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240704-WA0007.jpg

image.gif.909fd8a8f9d4d305daf23304381b2ae2.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, Loch Ness Monster said:

Alright. Pair Kamala with a great VP and let's do this.

Biden will not win. I mean he could but most likely not at this point.

Where do I send my tree fiddy? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Very Online Twitter Dems seem to think this presents President Biden in a positive light

*Very online Twitter dems do nothing but doomscroll

Edited by elfenix

27 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Right. You want someone else. That'll be the answer no matter who is running. 

?

Have you not been paying attention?  I think I've been pretty clear on who I want.

Booker or Mark Kelly would be my backup choices.

25 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I don't love Kamala but I don't need to love her to want her to win the election.

Yeah, this.  Had Trump died or something leaving Pence the nominee, you wouldn't see Republicans not voting.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

A lot of us predicted her losing

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

IMG-20240704-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240704-WA0007.jpg

Just make sure and don’t go to any “allopathic” doctors if you get sick. I’m sure a chiropractic adjustment will fix you right up

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 1