2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I live 3 properties over from Drake. Try again.

You’re neighbors with Drake? As weak as your shit is I’m surprised he didn’t feature you in May.

This a friendly fade, you should keep it that way.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, Js1 said:

Anoint? She’s the VP. She’s #2 in the White House, the campaign and the party. It’s literally her job to take over when Biden can’t. Especially this late in the game 

People just suddenly want a mini-primary because they’re worried she can’t win or won’t be competitive. Still waiting on that most perfectly perfect Dem who is going to suddenly seize the mantel and win by double digits 

Yes, there's literally nobody else who can take over, but her. We all know that, and we all know she can't beat Donald. But look at all the retards demanding Biden step aside. Ahhh my friend won't vote cause of the debate! 

Posted (edited)

Guys I think it’s drake university as in Des Moines Iowa. Not sure why a Canadian would care about American politics.  If it’s drake the pedophile that’s a bold choice to brag about.

Pimphand, care to clarify? You an Idiot Out Wandering Around or a maple syrup licker?

edit: my bad I think you live in BFE Idaho and that would explain the rest of it lol

Edited by Covri
Pimphand sucks

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yes, there's literally nobody else who can take over, but her. We all know that, and we all know she can't beat Donald.

Loser talk.  Donald Trump is weak as fuck. He came in second twice and lost both houses of congress twice.  Stop talking like a white progressive and sack up.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3

Certainly isn’t screaming “I’m quitting next week”

The president’s team announced on Friday that it would be layering more spending on top of the $50 million it has already spent on ads in June. The campaign also rolled out more details on its canvassing program, as they plan to knock on 3 million doors over the next two months. They also said Biden will headline NAACP and UnidosUS conferences in Las Vegas, which will serve as his counter-programming during the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee in mid-July.

• Rage+1 2

A few musings on our current situation.

- The goal should be to maximize the probability Trump and the current version of the GOP do not take the white house.

- Biden beat Trump once. He has a lot to run on - has been the best president in the last 50 years, has passed a ton of meaningful legislation, has been a moral and decent individual, fixed the economy, fixed our relationships with our allies, and is standing with Ukraine against Russia. 

- Biden does need to show much better during his public showings - hit the campaign trail, get on TV, drop the cold meds, kick ass at the next debate, etc.  

- I don't see how there can be another viable replacement.  Some see Kamala as the obvious choice to replace Biden, but she couldn't make it to the first caucus in the Democratic Primary in 2020.  She was like 7th or 8th in the field of democrats.  Plus, being VP doesn't make you the best candidate - it just means you were willing to take the VP job, that you had the identity to help shore up particular demographics, and that you complimented the president.  Being VP doesn't mean you are better than Bernie, Pete, or Elizabeth.  Plus, remember all the Bernie bros who felt cheated in 2016 and refused to vote for Hillary helping put Trump in the white house even though Bernie lost the popular count and the delegate count.  Now imagine what will happen when we choose someone who literally didn't win the primary - Imagine who all would be staying home under that scenario.

- The media and Dem talking heads needs to get their acts together.  The NYT and other mainstream outlets pushing horserace BS is fucking shit up.  NYT constantly trying to put trump back in the white house is weird as fuck.

The bottom line is that we need Joe.  I see him as the only viable candidate to beat trump.  However, he needs to step up in a big way, Dems need to rally around him, and the media needs to stop fucking around and do their jobs - push felon, rape, project 2025, supreme court, etc. instead of Biden drama. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

The bottom line is that we need Joe.  I see him as the only viable candidate to beat trump. 

72% of voters don't think he has the mental capacity at this point to be president. It's over. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Don’t vote! Bc I don’t. Except I do and I will, when I’m not  cosplaying as Budget Hitler

Can we please stop lazily pasting 6 tweet threads. Lots of people don't have Twitter accounts and don't want to go to Twitter. 

• Hook 'Em 6

24 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It's mindboggling that we are on the razor's edge of becoming a theocracy. 

It’s mind-boggling that we are at that point in The Handmaid’s Tale where they do flashbacks to when things started to not add up and we are way past that point as a country.

10 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Government professor just walked by with his dogs.  His take is we’re looking at a loss either way.  

Well sure, when you're running against a wannabe autocrat who is promising to be a dictator, and is also a convicted felon and rapist who wants to terminate our constitution..... How can you compete with that? It's all just too good to be true. 

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

72% of voters don't think he has the mental capacity at this point to be president. It's over. 

The poll was taken immediately after the debate. It is far from over.  It has the be.  There isn't a viable alternative.

- Biden does need to show much better during his public showings - hit the campaign trail, get on TV, drop the cold meds, kick ass at the next debate, etc.  

- The media and Dem talking heads needs to get their acts together.  The NYT and other mainstream outlets (CNN) pushing horserace BS is fucking shit up.  NYT constantly trying to put trump back in the white house is weird as fuck.

40 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Kendrick has destroyed Drake into oblivion. Saying you live next to him isn’t the flex you think it is unless this is 2014.

Not to be that guy, but he’s saying he lives next to the guy, not that he rates him in anyways. You live next to the Aubrey Drake and not the Drake University, you are probably in a $10mm house in an exclusive gated community.

Which of course is why he’s full of it if he’s saying that.

1 minute ago, GW Hayduke said:

Yeah, and if I ran a 4.2 40-yard dash back in the day I might have gone SEC.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vegas64 said:

Not to be that guy, but he’s saying he lives next to the guy, not that he rates him in anyways. You live next to the Aubrey Drake and not the Drake University, you are probably in a $10mm house in an exclusive gated community.

Which of course is why he’s full of it if he’s saying that.

Oh I know exactly what he was saying. He was trying to use it as a flex.

It’s not a flex. 

37 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

A few musings on our current situation.

- The goal should be to maximize the probability Trump and the current version of the GOP do not take the white house.

- Biden beat Trump once. He has a lot to run on - has been the best president in the last 50 years, has passed a ton of meaningful legislation, has been a moral and decent individual, fixed the economy, fixed our relationships with our allies, and is standing with Ukraine against Russia. 

- I don't see how there can be another viable replacement.  Some see Kamala as the obvious choice to replace Biden, but she couldn't make it to the first caucus in the Democratic Primary in 2020.  She was like 7th or 8th in the field of democrats.  Plus, being VP doesn't make you the best candidate - it just means you were willing to take the VP job, that you had the identity to help shore up particular demographics, and that you complimented the president.  Being VP doesn't mean you are better than Bernie, Pete, or Elizabeth.  Plus, remember all the Bernie bros who felt cheated in 2016 and refused to vote for Hillary helping put Trump in the white house even though Bernie lost the popular count and the delegate count.  Now imagine what will happen when we choose someone who literally didn't win the primary - Imagine who all would be staying home under that scenario.

- The media and Dem talking heads needs to get their acts together.  The NYT and other mainstream outlets pushing horserace BS is fucking shit up.  NYT constantly trying to put trump back in the white house is weird as fuck.

The bottom line is that we need Joe.  I see him as the only viable candidate to beat trump.  However, he needs to step up in a big way, Dems need to rally around him, and the media needs to stop fucking around and do their jobs - push felon, rape, project 2025, supreme court, etc. instead of Biden drama. 

This is a great summary. POS rep.

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Oh I know exactly what he was saying. He was trying to use it as a flex.

It’s not a flex. 

Being worth 8 figures (the inference he wants us to make by saying he’s Drake neighbor) is 100% a flex where I come from. But we are just poor common clay people.

5 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

This is a great summary. POS rep.

Being worth 8 figures (the inference he wants us to make by saying he’s Drake neighbor) is 100% a flex where I come from. But we are just poor common clay people.

73975e82-7f1d-493e-98dd-102d088d5b7a_tex

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Latter

Just keep your tin foil and gold ready for that next solar storm. You're sure to be right eventually! Also, I hear it is best to share the location of your gold with @immamac so he can help secure it in an emergency. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

If he was capable of full blown media and campaign blitz, they'd put him on one. Narrator: they're not going to put him on one.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

"Stop being so old and everything will be fine" isn't going to work.

Also, there probably won't be another debate. Even Trump said something like "I'm not going to put Biden through that again." 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

If he was capable of full blown media and campaign blitz, they'd put him on one. Narrator: they're not going to put him on one.

I think today is huge. He shows well today, we can put this all behind us. Glass half full: we can laugh at ourselves for being Chicken Little's come January 2025.

20 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

He shows well today, we can put this all behind us

You don't understand Calvinball.

Anything short of the Truman Show leaves the door open for speculation and idiocy. The damage can't be fixed.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Because dotard is such a respectable figure. 

Think there's plenty of swing voters that realize Trump is a narcissist clown but will still vote for him over a dementia patient that could keel over any day.

I want Biden to win I just don't see it.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Think there's plenty of swing voters that realize Trump is a narcissist clown but will still vote for him over a dementia patient that could keel over any day.

I want Biden to win I just don't see it.

As someone said upstream your VP nom is usually just to shore up voters where the President is weakest or in most need and to compliment so as to de-risk as much as possible, instead of picking someone who would actually be the 2nd best President (or even a good President, potentially).

This is a black swan type event where we actually needed both, but you still run with Kamala 10/10 times in 2020. Everyone can say they saw this coming with the age, but I think few truly felt it would come home to roost like it did on Thursday of the debate. We are still in somewhat of a shock to what we saw 8 days ago.

Edited by Vegas64
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

He just needs to hit up every Lubys he can

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

The race is already lost if you think Biden is the only person who can beat Trump. Don’t underestimate the amount of people who hate Donald Trump. That kind of hatred transcends party lines yet Dems are failing to take advantage of this because we are all concerned Joe Biden is too fragile to be President.

It’s one thing to see Biden old and struggling, but it’s a whole other thing to be gaslit by your own party about the true nature of Biden’s health. Dems promote honesty and inclusion yet they are dishonest about his capability to be President while isolating him from the public and the media in non-scripted settings. It’s been over a week since the debate and we haven’t gotten any kind of response interview from Biden since then. It shouldn’t have to take so long to directly address something like this.

And everyone clamoring for VP Harris needs to realize that she has been complicit in all of this as well. If Biden announced he wasn’t running before the primaries, there’s no way Kamala would have won the nomination. They effectively cockblocked everyone else from having a fair shot at the nomination by lying about his health. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The race is already lost if you think Biden is the only person who can beat Trump. Don’t underestimate the amount of people who hate Donald Trump. That kind of hatred transcends party lines yet Dems are failing to take advantage of this because we are all concerned Joe Biden is too fragile to be President.
It’s one thing to see Biden old and struggling, but it’s a whole other thing to be gaslit by your own party about the true nature of Biden’s health. Dems promote honesty and inclusion yet they are dishonest about his capability to be President while isolating him from the public and the media in non-scripted settings. It’s been over a week since the debate and we haven’t gotten any kind of response interview from Biden since then. It shouldn’t have to take so long to directly address something like this.
And everyone clamoring for VP Harris needs to realize that she has been complicit in all of this as well. If Biden announced he wasn’t running before the primaries, there’s no way Kamala would have won the nomination. They effectively cockblocked everyone else from having a fair shot at the nomination by lying about his health. 

Biden will most likely stay in the race, lose in the fall and people on the left will scream at the swing voters OMG how could you vote for an incompetent criminal?! And many voters will say well my other option was a man that should be playing bingo at a retirement facility I'm sorry.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Biden will most likely stay in the race, lose in the fall and people on the left will scream at the swing voters OMG how could you vote for an incompetent criminal?! And many voters will say well my other option was a man that should be playing bingo at a retirement facility I'm sorry.

And everyone who saw it coming will blame those who had their fingers in their ears and it will be 4 years of "run anyone but hillary and you win" redux. 2016-2020 remixed.