2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Fetterman stammering on CNN right now trying to defend Joe Biden. Brutal. 

this is probably pretty personal to him too considering what he went through in his 2022 race and calls to drop out, he couldn’t win, polling was mixed for him, etc 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Given Clooney’s extremely clear comments about both his personal experience of being with Biden and the private views of senators and congressmen, I just don’t see how Biden continues. 

Simple.  He has an ego. 

just jumping in here for a second. apologies if missing something posted earlier

The election is determined by like 10k people in like 4 or 5 states right!? Its been that way for years now. Do the D's have a mechanism for simple update from these narrow and defined people/places after the debate to help make a decision on Biden? Everything else is just hot air in a country where 95% have made up their mind. 

4 months is plenty of time. Other countries who aren't politically regarded like America do campaigns in months, not years. 

And lastly, its painful how incompetent the D party is. There some good, younger reps saying some good, aggressive things. the party needs to ditch the olds in a bad fucking way. They are holding onto the old culture that was valuable when both parties operated with some decorum and respect for the institutions. I understand the fear of ditching Biden, losing, etc but I also know of many, many very young new voters who may gravitate to a guy/gal closer to the age group, talking about things they care about (income inequality, environment, gender/gay rights, race relations, etc). I know Biden admin says stuff on these things but I don't think (in my narrow world) its getting through. 

Saying all obvious things that I am sure have been said over and over. fuck it. hello from down here. Was nice to be up there a bit in June between two storms in Gtown. Gliding into my no nuke friday all up in winter time down here 🥶

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

Feels like some asked him to step down behind the scenes and he refused. So now, they're going public. That it's his former colleagues has to have some form of impact. I never thought I'd see the day when Illian Omar and AOC are for Biden and senators are not. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It’s almost as if polls mean nothing. 

Then what are we worrying about? He’s probably up by 10 and cruising to re-election. 

23 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Same poll with thirds

Well good thing there won’t be any of those thirds on the ballot 

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

*Acting Chief of Staff

Oh so now your family member being involved in your admin is bad? Did he enrich himself by billions of dollars from our adversaries? 

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh so now your family member being involved in your admin is bad? Did he enrich himself by billions of dollars from our adversaries? 

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

You know that doesn’t apply to republicans. For real though, why the fuck is Hunter all of a sudden all around the White House?  I have never heard of him there until after his conviction. Just play into the “Biden crime family” conspiracy from the Right why don’t you?

Are they really just trying to lose?

• Hook 'Em 2

Is there a reason why so many are speaking in code? Are they waiting for Schumer or someone else to say drop out before they utter the words drop out? 

I get a lot of Dems are conflicted and that this is unprecedented. Everyone who has uttered “drop out” acts like they have the right plan and they know what will happen. Sorry 😞 but they don’t know. 

this drip drip drip of defectors isn’t helpful. Like do it all at once or don’t do it at all. I assume those speaking in word salad are waiting on a signal from someone. I assume that is Schumer. If he says it will they all follow or does it have to be someone else? Who are they waiting on? 

4 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

The Lord Almighty

Makes sense. Everyone is speaking in Biblical parables. If they start quoting scripture though I will assume they are indeed trying to summon Him.

i get it. This situation sucks. It’s unprecedented. But I keep thinking (I think in analogies) what if I walked into a Porsche dealership. I’ve done all my research. I know the vehicle I want and I can pay for the whole thing in cash. A salesman whose sole job it is to sell me that car is like, “ma’am that’s a great selection. It’s the most expensive one on the lot. This will really help me with commissions and my quota for the month. But don’t you want to go home and think about it? Maybe you should wait a few days and go to other dealerships. The clock is ticking though so choose wisely.”

like I’d go buy a car somewhere else. I don’t understand why people can’t speak plainly. I get they are upset and confused and anxious. But it’s like they are waiting on someone to tell them it’s ok to defect. Fine. The clock truly is ticking.

Did they all smoke opium in their meetings yesterday and tell everyone just to do whatever they feel is right? 10 lawmakers doesn’t a revolution make. 

Just now, wildcat09 said:

I’m calling this now: if they can’t force Biden out of the race, they’re going to shift to try to push Harris off the ticket.

Why would they do that? I can’t see that happening. 

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I’m calling this now: if they can’t force Biden out of the race, they’re going to shift to try to push Harris off the ticket.

Spike Lee Nonsense GIF by Bounce

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Why would they do that? I can’t see that happening. 

If they can’t replace Biden, they’ll want a VP that they think people will really like and they don’t think that’s her. See the 1944 convention when they pushed aside a VP who the party considered a political liability. They don’t have that same power anymore so they’ll probably fail, but given their incredibly stupid spasms right now they’re definitely stupid enough to try.

21 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

If they can’t replace Biden, they’ll want a VP that they think people will really like and they don’t think that’s her. See the 1944 convention when they pushed aside a VP who the party considered a political liability. They don’t have that same power anymore so they’ll probably fail, but given their incredibly stupid spasms right now they’re definitely stupid enough to try.

Who’s “they?” Who would replace Harris? Someone white?

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

The Lord Almighty

Or the next best thing

as insane as that sounds, that's where we're at as a nation.  I am saying this with no typical Lobo sarcasm, I'd genuinely like to hear what she has to say on the matter.  good news is she's empowering to young women and I love that my daughters love a great person like her.  

Bad news, there's only been election in U.S. history where young women under 30 tilted a Presidential race.  This won't be the second one

Trump remembered five simple words for about 10 minutes one time. 

To really show up Biden, go one more.  Tell us the names of your Six grandchildren.  Any order you like, don't have to know their ages (I forget my two girls' all the time, and I'm 30 years younger). 

Doesn't even have to be CNN.  Hannity could ask, "Biden is obviously senile.  To demonstrate your mental fitness to the American voters, tell us the names of your grandkids in any order you like."

-Well Sean, to me that's very personal.  I don't want to get into that right now.  But I love them all the same equally, just like the bible testaments and the other testimonies of which I am about to give so help me Lord guy,

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

This old, white, rich man is no longer a viable candidate. Let's kick the black woman to the curb. 

I love it!

Thankfully the vote isn't an internet poll or aggy would kick her to the curb like she was in charge of their journalism school. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Thankfully the vote isn't an internet poll or aggy would kick her to the curb like she was in charge of their journalism school. 

Basketball Wives Reality Tv GIF by VH1

• Haha 1