2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

44 minutes ago, Js1 said:

NYT editorial board comes out against Trump.

It’s quite obvious NYT hates both options. I wonder if they even endorse this year unless the top of the Dem ticket changes 

IMG_2666.thumb.jpeg.e9b5d334dbdc0aec11169f15fe181771.jpeg

Keep 👏 bullying 👏 the 👏 Times. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I haven't paid attention to any of these Dem operatives in years, but things are going great for blue MAGA on Twitter. 

To be fair, I’m def side eyeing people who make the decision based on what Hollywood rich people want.  Both sides - them trying to force Biden out and those who listen to them and won’t vote or will vote third party, a la Susan Sarandon

These people shouldn’t be listened to. They’re not special because they’re in the movies 

• Hook 'Em 2

He's an adult now and campaigning for his dad, so I don't feel shy about sharing any more:  There were pretty strong rumors that he has either learning disabilities or is neurodivergent in some fashion.  The private school he went to is known for quietly catering to special needs without being open about it, as opposed to the Lab School of Washington, which is the go to for rich parents with kids who need premier atypical learning/education. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

The Trump post with Clooney is kind of funny. I’m not MAGA but I still have a sense of humor even though we are in some seriously deep shit.

I don’t know about the accuracy of a report that anyone thinks Barack Obama is quietly orchestrating things behind the scenes. But that first clip is cut short and doesn’t show how Joe went on to ridicule the notion that Obama is quietly orchestrating anything behind the scenes.

I didn’t watch the second clip because I don’t give a fuck what bullshit Trump posts. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

To be fair, I’m def side eyeing people who make the decision based on what Hollywood rich people want.  Both sides - them trying to force Biden out and those who listen to them and won’t vote or will vote third party, a la Susan Sarandon

These people shouldn’t be listened to. They’re not special because they’re in the movies 

Sure, but "undermining Democracy" is digging in with a candidate that got too old and can't win. 

Stan culture is a huge problem in this country, no matter one's political affiliation. These people should not be your heroes. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I haven't paid attention to any of these Dem operatives in years, but things are going great for blue MAGA on Twitter. 

biden inspires zero people.  his cult of personality is probably smaller than (and i am being literal here) 50 D-1 backup quarterbacks in the country. no one's vote d is "i wouldn't ordinarily but you do have biden."  i absolutely do not believe this.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ah so don't vote for the Democrats because you think they're undermining democracy by insuring the guy that will undermine democracy gets back in office. Great plan. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

biden inspires zero people.  his cult of personality

And that’s the problem with American elections. I don’t need inspiration or a cult of personality. I just want competence, even if they’re as interesting as a jar of mayo

Thanks to the media for gaslighting us into voting for who we want a beer with. Worked great from 01-09

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And that’s the problem with American elections. I don’t need inspiration or a cult of personality. I just want competence, even if they’re as interesting as a jar of mayo

Thanks to the media for gaslighting us into voting for who we want a beer with. Worked great from 01-09

you have to be able to move public opinion.  that is a big part of the job.  he doesn't.  being interesting is a real job qualification since teddy roosevelt.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

you have to be able to move public opinion.  that is a big part of the job.  he doesn't.  being interesting is a real job qualification since teddy roosevelt.

And I’m saying that’s wrong. It’s been turned into a popularity contest / charisma contest. It should be about competence and experience. American democracy is a circus 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Interesting.  Great school.  Only solidifies our notion that Melania doesn't even stay at Mar-a-Lago, she'll stay back in Trump Tower to be closer to Barron.  What a beautiful marriage, tremendous. 

I have two younger cousins that attend NYU.  Pretty much the opposite of MAGA.  But I'm going to encourage them to invite Barron for a walk around campus and "run into" a pro-Palestinian protest/rally on NYU's campus.  And then photograph Barron and post it online to confuse MAGA.  Of course, I don't want them to get in trouble, but I think some version of the idea has legs.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

first time GIF

I mean, the fact that is started since the early 1900s is apt, since that’s when circuses really took off 

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And I’m saying that’s wrong. It’s been turned into a popularity contest / charisma contest. It should be about competence and experience. American democracy is a circus 

This is just the human condition. Popularity and charisma have been attributes that have created powerful leaders for thousands of years. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pretty sure Dems would choose death in the “Cake or Death?” challenge.  Cake is just too difficult right now, perhaps in the future we could hopefully work towards cake with the right leadership.

But what kind of cake??? 

Just now, wildcat09 said:

President Biden can show the world that he's still mentally fit and is focused on protecting our national security by drone striking Mar a Lago when Orban is there.

Protecting national security IS an official duty, after all

• Hook 'Em 1

So let me understand: as of now Biden is not stepping down (but it’s fluid and the clock is ticking) he could announce he’s going to step aside or he may fight until the end. 

the Dems haven’t outright bludgeoned him to death they are just watching him crawl  around wounded while yelling encouraging comments about his accomplishments and legacy.

Obama may or may not have approved Clooney’s hit piece on Biden that the Biden campaign tried to stop from being published. 
Dems want him to drop out but they don’t seem in agreement about supporting Harris.

And if it’s Harris and not a blitz primary or open convention they may sit on their hands and watch the country and the world burn around them. And That many voters will feel betrayed by the entire fucking process and that whoever the candidate is may outright revolt. 

ok. 

And this is why I want a legit third party.

The Repubs will let Trump control everything no matter what so my small sliver of hope is he is only running for a full pardon and will step down a few months after possibly winning. So I guess watch the VP sweepstakes which is very fluid and may be none of the top three candidates. 

I fucking give up ladies and gents. 

Just now, Captainant said:

It's pretty clear under the last SCOTUS decision that he'd be absolutely immune from criminal prosecution for it. 

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So let me understand: as of now Biden is not stepping down (but it’s fluid and the clock is ticking) he could announce he’s going to step aside or he may fight until the end. 

the Dems haven’t outright bludgeoned him to death they are just watching him crawl  around wounded while yelling encouraging comments about his accomplishments and legacy.

Obama may or may not have approved Clooney’s hit piece on Biden that the Biden campaign tried to stop from being published. 
Dems want him to drop out but they don’t seem in agreement about supporting Harris.

And if it’s Harris and not a blitz primary or open convention they may sit on their hands and watch the country and the world burn around them. And That many voters will feel betrayed by the entire fucking process and that whoever the candidate is may outright revolt. 

ok. 

And this is why I want a legit third party.

The Repubs will let Trump control everything no matter what so my small sliver of hope is he is only running for a full pardon and will step down a few months after possibly winning. So I guess watch the VP sweepstakes which is very fluid and may be none of the top three candidates. 

I fucking give up ladies and gents. 

again (re: Dems)

first time GIF

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

So Clooney talked with Obama before he wrote his NYT article and Biden’s presser moved back an hour.

Season 5 Veep GIF

This might be the most classic Dem shit of classic Dem shit we've ever seen. Having the prior president convince a Hollywood celebrity to write a NYTimes op-ed urging Biden to drop out. Jesus Christ.

Posted (edited)

Awesome, now Democrats are joining Republicans in blaming Obama for everything.  Joe Biden becoming more paranoid and insular is going to be great for everyone.

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Well the scuttlebutt is Obama met with Clooney but he didn’t ask him or encourage him to write the article—he also didn’t try to persuade him not to write it either

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Well the scuttlebutt is Obama met with Clooney but he didn’t ask him or encourage him to write the article—he also didn’t try to persuade him not to write it either

Or Clooney was still pissed that Biden shat on his wife's seeking of arrest warrants against the official in Israel and it didn't matter what Obama said. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think the Dems are just trying to use a little psychology to make Joe the best President he can be.  

OIP.Ai_EG7P63iyVGTB4TTay4QHaEK?rs=1&pid=

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

And we are watching the CHC and CBC be undermined by their own party. If Obama ok’d the Clooney hit piece then this is just the beginning of what will be destroying him short of mortally wounding him if Biden continues to dig in. It will also largely harm Harris as she is part of the ticket. So you will have some of the party mad Biden is pushed out and not vote, others supporting Harris, and others supporting a candidate yet to be named. 

All the while telling us, Trump represents the greatest threat to the country and the world we have ever seen BY ENSURING that they put up a candidate that has no hope of winning.

What in the fuck????? I get that Trump is good for fundraising for Dems. I get it. But they are handing him the White House. And possibly the Senate and House. This is the solution? Help me understand this. You can’t tell people that Trump is Hitler 2.0 and then say your solution is to destroy your own party rather than fight. And then later blame the voters. 

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

And we are watching the CHC and CBC be undermined by their own party. If Obama ok’d the Clooney hit piece then this is just the beginning of what will be destroying him short of mortally wounding him if Biden continues to dig in. It will also largely harm Harris as she is part of the ticket. So you will have some of the party mad Biden is pushed out and not vote, others supporting Harris, and others supporting a candidate yet to be named. 

All the while telling us, Trump represents the greatest threat to the country and the world we have ever seen BY ENSURING that they put up a candidate that has no hope of winning.

What in the fuck????? I get that Trump is good for fundraising for Dems. I get it. But they are handing him the White House. And possibly the Senate and House. This is the solution? Help me understand this. You can’t tell people that Trump is Hitler 2.0 and then say your solution is to destroy your own party rather than fight. And then later blame the voters. 

What's your proposal here?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I also think it got missed that Trump is reportedly down to 2 options for VP - Vance or Burgum.

If the GOP puts up Trump/Burgum (and let’s be real, he brings more personal wealth than Vance and Trump can just bleed him dry), you want a real good contrast with a Harris (59) and someone like Beshear (46) or Kelly (60) to go up against Trump (78) and Burgum (67)

Isn’t that what everyone has been dying for? A younger ticket? It’s right there in front of you! 

Vance is a Thiel protege.  Rethink that $ math.  

24 minutes ago, Pancho said:

So Clooney talked with Obama before he wrote his NYT article and Biden’s presser moved back an hour.

Season 5 Veep GIF

Started rewatching this last night given our current circumstances.  I think it might be the funniest show ever made.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Screw national security, POTUS is immune.  Clarence, Sammy, John and Donkey Dong Doug's buddy Brett told us so.

EDIT:  @wildcat09 beat me to it

Edited by jimmyjazz

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Melania must want to move back to NYC.

Well it’s been reported she isn’t going to DC if Trump wins again. 

37 minutes ago, Js1 said:

But what kind of cake??? 

What color is the cake? Who is paying for this cake? Are the Republicans okay with us getting cake?  What are the short and long term consequences of cake? How old is the cake? Are tax credits available for people who decline cake? What will this cake do to the national debt? Can we delay the cake?

With so many unanswered questions death seems to be the prudent choice here. Death please. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

What's your proposal here?

Support Harris. Threaten everyone who steps out of line I guess. It is hard for me to fathom that there was no backup plan for defeating Trump. It’s like watching a team prepare a few weeks for a Title game and right before it starts forfeit (aggy)

IMG_1469.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2