2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Everyone complains that the Dems don't play dirty like the GQP. This is a perfect situation for them to do so, stop undermining Biden, even if you have concerns, and say he's spry and fantastic, like the other side does for dotard. But nope, let's just undermine our guy, and pretend that someone else will bring in those undecided voters to the left. I just don't understand this country.

• Hook 'Em 1

I will say this: I’ve really grown to like and respect Fetterman. Guy is loyal. Guy is gearing up for a fight. I get it’s personal for him. But you can’t buy that kind of loyalty in Washington DC. 
I wish we had term limits. No way this happens this way if all the cronies weren’t absolutely afraid of losing their individual power. It’s crap. I get Fetterman is fighting a losing battle with his brass knuckles but I’d rather go down fighting with him than the shit shadow games that are being played in response to all this. 

If the only solution is to take out Biden and scream about the threat of Trump then they deserve ALL the blame and the credit for what happens next. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Everyone complains that the Dems don't play dirty like the GQP. This is a perfect situation for them to do so, stop undermining Biden, even if you have concerns, and say he's spry and fantastic, like the other side does for dotard. But nope, let's just undermine our guy, and pretend that someone else will bring in those undecided voters to the left. I just don't understand this country.

they would if they thought they could, imo.  too many people see how the next couple months are going to go with him forced to be in public more.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It was a perfect debate. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Everyone complains that the Dems don't play dirty like the GQP. This is a perfect situation for them to do so, stop undermining Biden, even if you have concerns, and say he's spry and fantastic, like the other side does for dotard.

Um, no thank you. One side talking like Big Brother is enough.

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't get the undermine or "play dirty" angle.  We are having a loud family meeting about whether we take the keys away from dad.  If we ultimately decide to let him have the keys, everyone is going to ultimately get behind that and stick with him and it may or not be a bad decision.

If we take the keys away we are going to give them to a woman of color who might be under the influence of chardonnay while she drives. 

It may or not be a bad decision.

But we'll get behind it.  Because there is no alternative.

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Most potential Biden voters don't live in an alternative reality like Trump supporters.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Sticking with Biden is like whipping a dead horse. If he could just hide out and win like in 2020 I would be all for him sticking in the race but it's clear he needs to flip momentum ASAP and don't really think Biden has it in him to inspire the masses.

Media has been against Trump for 10 years. Has it mattered really? He's still able to get out there and rally his base.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

To be fair, I’m def side eyeing people who make the decision based on what Hollywood rich people want.  Both sides - them trying to force Biden out and those who listen to them and won’t vote or will vote third party, a la Susan Sarandon

These people shouldn’t be listened to. They’re not special because they’re in the movies 

Meh.  Dismissing them solely because they’re famous is just as narrow as listening to them just because they’re famous.  Some famous people are stupid, some are smart. Some are good, some are bad.  The “stick to sports/acting/music” bullshit is tired.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

What in the fuck????? I get that Trump is good for fundraising for Dems. I get it. But they are handing him the White House. And possibly the Senate and House. This is the solution? Help me understand this. You can’t tell people that Trump is Hitler 2.0 and then say your solution is to destroy your own party rather than fight. And then later blame the voters. 

This may help explain

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

To me, that wouldn’t be playing dirty, it would just be whistling past the grave yard while destroying any perceived credibility advantage you have over the republicans.  Playing dirty to me would be orchestrating this whole fiasco with the well developed plan to have some manufactured “savior” candidate show up in the 11th hour to annihilate Trump.  Sadly, Dems are not that competent but they pulled some diabolical late-stage teamwork shit in the 2020 primary to get Biden over the finish line.  Great job Dems! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Sticking with Biden is like whipping a dead horse. If he could just hide out and win like in 2020 I would be all for him sticking in the race but it's clear he needs to flip momentum ASAP and don't really think Biden has it in him to inspire the masses.

Media has been against Trump for 10 years. Has it mattered really? He's still able to get out there and rally his base.

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

10 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

The media is not now and has never been against Trump. They're desperate for another Trump term.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

This may help explain

Are these Democrats in the room with you, Ezra?

Someone Reaction GIF

54 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Careful...

A California-based polling firm using less expensive online methods to allow those not willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars on polling to get insight into public opinion nationwide

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The problem with this is the majority of Dem voters are sincere in their belief system and still have a functioning moral compass. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

See? Is that so hard? Say it over and over again. That's how the other side plays the game. 

The other side knows that their base is full of easy to scare idiots.

"Let's lie more" is a pretty terrible plan.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

To me, that wouldn’t be playing dirty, it would just be whistling past the grave yard while destroying any perceived credibility advantage you have over the republicans.  Playing dirty to me would be orchestrating this whole fiasco with the well developed plan to have some manufactured “savior” candidate show up in the 11th hour to annihilate Trump.  Sadly, Dems are not that competent but they pulled some diabolical late-stage teamwork shit in the 2020 primary to get Biden over the finish line.  Great job Dems! 

Credibility means nothing anymore, zero, especially to people who are supposedly still on the fence in this election. Also, there is no democrat, not a single one, who can "annihilate" trump. Half this country is set that fascism and Project 2025 is a great idea. Or are paying so little attention they don't know the fucking difference and will default to whatever lies and misinformation Putin puts on social media in October. 

Just now, 'stache said:

Half this country is set that fascism and Project 2025 is a great idea.

Actually, if Biden has done once good thing in July so far, it's the Google trends for Project 2025 are through the roof.  It's more searched than Taylor Swift and the more that voters hear about it, the worse their opinion of it gets - like, in the 70s for disapproval. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

The other side knows that their base is full of easy to scare idiots.

"Let's lie more" is a pretty terrible plan.

Then people need to stop saying to push back against the right and to play in the mud with them. I've said over and over again that that's the difference, the people who vote D aren't the type of people who fall for that shit like the Rs. I get shouted down whenever I bring that up with "Dems are just pussies." It can't be both. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Actually, if Biden has done once good thing in July so far, it's the Google trends for Project 2025 are through the roof.  It's more searched than Taylor Swift and the more that voters hear about it, the worse their opinion of it gets - like, in the 70s for disapproval. 

So trump's in trouble, right? His polling numbers are gonna tank? Nah, he said he doesn't know anything about it. Hunky Dory. 

Just now, 'stache said:

So trump's in trouble, right? His polling numbers are gonna tank? Nah, he said he doesn't know anything about it. Hunky Dory. 

We already have one Brisket.  If you're going to just shit all over any decent news, it's not worth engaging.  Jump off the ledge already. 

God damn, Democrats are such fucking babies.  All the time.  Big dooming babies.  If it was reported Trump had a heart attack, 70% of you would spin this as good news for Trump. 

Calm Down Real Housewives GIF

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Dems don't need to lie about Biden. The message is simple. Yeah he's old, but he's still fit for office. See his incredible fucking record on the economy that keeps looking better and better. And he's a stubborn old bastard who will keep serving until he can't anymore, and if that happens during his second term he'll hand over the reins to Harris as things are meant to work.  

Trump on the other hand is a certified pedophile (cue up Not Like Us here) who had a lackluster economic record even before covid, whose bungling of covid got a million extra Americans killed, and he stole nuclear secrets that he probably tried to sell to foreigners. All of that is fucking true and easily substantiated.  And he's a fucking lunatic who wants to be a dictator, who will ban abortion nationwide, and who will use project 2025 to try to remake America into a theocracy like Iran or Afghanistan with different window dressing.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Js1 said:

We already have one Brisket.  If you're going to just shit all over any decent news, it's not worth engaging.  Jump off the ledge already. 

God damn, Democrats are such fucking babies.  All the time.  Big dooming babies.  If it was reported Trump had a heart attack, 70% of you would spin this as good news for Trump. 

Calm Down Real Housewives GIF

I'm not the one who retitled this thread the "Doom" thread because of a bad debate. I'm also not an elected democrat going on social media undermining my party's incumbent candidate. The chicken littles are the babies. Also, am I wrong? Has trump lost any support in the polls with this new wave of Project 2025 information? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Dems don't need to lie about Biden. The message is simple. Yeah he's old, but he's still fit for office. See his incredible fucking record on the economy that keeps looking better and better. And he's a stubborn old bastard who will keep serving until he can't anymore, and if that happens during his second term he'll hand over the reins to Harris as things are meant to work.  

Trump on the other hand is a certified pedophile (cue up Not Like Us here) who had a lackluster economic record even before covid, whose bungling of covid got a million extra Americans killed, and he stole nuclear secrets that he probably tried to sell to foreigners. All of that is fucking true and easily substantiated.  And he's a fucking lunatic who wants to be a dictator, who will ban abortion nationwide, and who will use project 2025 to try to remake America into a theocracy like Iran or Afghanistan with different window dressing.  

This is a good point. Does the American public still care about optics or how things look? Or are they all-in on "silencing the doubters" and "all he does is win" and "nobody is gonna tell me what to do" attitudes? I legitimately do not know.

Some people seem to think that democrats should really really really care about the optics of the president looking and sounding old, but the optics of trashing your own candidate, looking disorganized, and having in-fighting aren't very good either in my opinion.

Edited by Pam Cummings

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

All things that could have proved useful to bring up in a debate. Alas...

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

This news conference tonight is being talked about like some kind of huge challenge Biden will need to tackle in order to silence the doubters. A news conference. Answering some questions. "Can he do it?? Will he be able to finish all of his sentences??"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, aggie08 said:

All things that could have proved useful to bring up in a debate. Alas...

The debate is over. Move forward. A fucking debate isn't the only forum these things can be said in.

I think I've made it pretty fucking clear over the past several years here that I wish we had better candidates and better messaging from Dems. But this is what we've got to work with now and Biden can absolutely still win if the Democratic party will stop shooting its own dick off. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Can scream into the void all you want but the #1 thing the masses are talking about is Bidens age and what mental decline disease he might have...its a huge distraction.

Can this be proven? Or are you basing this on watching the debate not with your friend but still texting each other during about how you can't believe how bad Biden sounds?

Who is the Tom Hagen of the Democratic Party that can go have a conversation with Joe “Frankie Five Angels” Biden about they did things in the Roman times and how they’ll take care of his family when he steps down?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

The debate is over. Move forward. A fucking debate isn't the only forum these things can be said in.

I think I've made it pretty fucking clear over the past several years here that I wish we had better candidates and better messaging from Dems. But this is what we've got to work with now and Biden can absolutely still win if the Democratic party will stop shooting its own dick off. 

This.  Stop the firing squad shit.  

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Can this be proven? Or are you basing this on watching the debate not with your friend but still texting each other during about how you can't believe how bad Biden sounds?

"The masses" = The New York Times and a few other mainstream media publications.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

But what kind of cake??? 

The one left out in the rain at McArthur Park and it took so long to bake it and we’ll never have that recipe again… againnnnnnnnn! 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Support Harris. Threaten everyone who steps out of line I guess. It is hard for me to fathom that there was no backup plan for defeating Trump. It’s like watching a team prepare a few weeks for a Title game and right before it starts forfeit (aggy)

IMG_1469.gif

It's not so much as "voting for Harris" as it is "voting against trump" for me. Not voting IS an effective vote for trump, and we CAN NOT take another four years of that child rapist in charge.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Can scream into the void all you want but the #1 thing the masses are talking about is Bidens age and what mental decline disease he might have...its a huge distraction.

Is this true? I know the lefty media is having a meltdown, but is this really the number one issue out in the hinterlands?

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This news conference tonight is being talked about like some kind of huge challenge Biden will need to tackle in order to silence the doubters. A news conference. Answering some questions. "Can he do it?? Will he be able to finish all of his sentences??"

A lot of people are convinced this isn't true and that's now what the main question going into his NATO unscripted "big boy" press conference was. Instead of being able to go do a 10 minute presses every day because it's clearly beneath him and he's a very busy president we settle for an appearance weeks removed from one of the worst brain mush things we've ever seen. 

Yeah Joe Biden needs to have the best day since he turned 80 to convince us he's got any kind of juice left. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Is this true? I know the lefty media is having a meltdown, but is this really the number one issue out in the hinterlands?

But what are all the liberals in the liberal coffee shops saying??! 

Changing courses now would 100% guarantee a Trump victory.  Sticking with Biden probably improves that to 65% or so.  Don't be stupid and change.  It's a horrible strategy.

As others have said, hype the economy, trash Project 2025, hammer on 34 convictions + civil trial losses + Roe V Wade.  In short, act like people with spines.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

Vance is a Thiel protege.  Rethink that $ math.  

Started rewatching this last night given our current circumstances.  I think it might be the funniest show ever made.

Veep is a documentary.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Changing courses now would 100% guarantee a Trump victory.  Sticking with Biden probably improves that to 65% or so.  Don't be stupid and change.  It's a horrible strategy.

As others have said, hype the economy, trash Project 2025, hammer on 34 convictions + civil trial losses + Roe V Wade.  In short, act like people with spines.  

Project 2025 gives so much fucking ammo. They want to ban football on Sundays! All Biden needs to be able to do is read from a teleprompter and he's made it pretty obvious he can still do that.

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think bc all of his predecessors at this point in their presidencies have had double the number of pressers (modern era.) Last night flipping around channels one strategist I saw  cautioned not to set the bar too high for this. All indications are Biden is continuing to fight on. The wait and see more shitshow crowd is getting to see more of him ensuring every single appearance is ranked and rated against the debate. Keep showing us they keep saying! 

For those who want him gone they need to speak as plainly as Fetterman has been when advocating on Biden’s behalf or they need to shut the fuck up. Don’t  speak at all. This wait and see more crowd speaking word salad can get bent. Either get behind him or get behind one replacement candidate. 

32 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Credibility means nothing anymore, zero, especially to people who are supposedly still on the fence in this election. Also, there is no democrat, not a single one, who can "annihilate" trump. Half this country is set that fascism and Project 2025 is a great idea. Or are paying so little attention they don't know the fucking difference and will default to whatever lies and misinformation Putin puts on social media in October. 

It is more that 1/3 are set on fascism, the remaining republicans are on auto-pilot or have been programmed to deny reality via their propaganda networks.