2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

I mean, if Joe's going to crumble, let's just get it over with and move on, hopefully with some Democratic unity.  The ongoing debate will kill any shot at pulling out a miracle, so hopefully he's either 2020 Joe for the next few weeks or shows definitively that there's no shot he can serve - i.e., hopefully no middle ground. 

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

No. We are going to get Harris and people will vote for her and we will fucking beat these fascists. 

clap please GIF

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Only in America can one old man misspeak and say "Putin" instead of "Zelensky" and the other old man actively supports Putin, and that is seen as the lesser transgression.

We are so fucked by ourselves.

Yes we are. Now just let go. Joe's done. 

• Hook 'Em 2

While we are debating tongue slips, Trump’s team is telling NATO we will reduce intel sharing.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/10/trump-considering-cutting-intel-sharing-europe-00167503 

Donald Trump is considering a reduction in intelligence sharing with members of NATO, which depends on the U.S. for the type of information that has helped Ukraine fend off Russia, according to foreign officials informed of the plans.

Trump advisers have told allied countries the reduced intel sharing would be part of a broader plan to scale back U.S. support and cooperation with the 32-nation alliance, according to three European officials and a senior NATO official, who were granted anonymity to discuss internal discussions.

We are truly on the cusp of electing to destroy ourselves and what we’ve built. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Feel like the fact that we are all waiting with bated breath to see if the president can handle a press conference kinda answers the electability question in itself…

Thats the sad f'n truth.

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

It makes you wonder how long everyone knew it was headed this way.  Everyone staring at everyone else hoping they'd make the move.  But no one having the guts to do so.  Doggett stepped up.

The belief is about a year and a few months that it’s been “good and bad days.” The last Cabinet meeting was October 2023. His last solo presser was 11/2023. I’m white knuckling this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Guessing important people have more important shit to do than get on cspan

Though I'm about to shoot myself listening to cspan callers while we're waiting holy shit 

Edited by elfenix

The longer the wait the worse the feel of this. Honestly. Even if he “knocks it out of the park” what then? If he doesn’t and digs his heels in even further what then? Hence, I’m white knuckling this.

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Feels like waiting around to watch Charlie Strong after a huge loss. 

You look at America over there and it’s all about the tradition of having a man with one foot in a casket be the last line of defense against the end of western democracy. 

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Reynolds Woodcock said:

You look at America over there and it’s all about the tradition of having a man with one foot in a casket be the last line of defense against the end of western democracy. 

Scares you to death. You know, 50% of all candidates lose every Election Day. 

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Well, there's virtually zero chance that Biden wins if the election were next Tuesday, so not a whole lot to lose by trying something else, yeah?

This kind of thinking is the result of a deliberate, conscious effort to not understand how this works.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Not real sure about your logic here, as the "other side" desperately wants Biden to be the nominee. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no.

Calling it now, Joe Biden gets up there and announces he’s handling the presidency over to Jill. Can he do that? Probably not. Does he know that? Also probably not.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

News flash: Biden was misspeaking back in the 1980s. It's who he's always been.

You’re right. 
Way back in 1977, he said that forced busing to desegregate schools would cause his children to “grow up in a racial jungle.”

Just now, Duane Moore said:

Are those teleprompters I see set up next to the podium? Is that normal for a press conference? 

Prepared remarks probably then questions. 

• Like 1

This is Joe NOW.  If the mental disintegration continues at this pace, where will he/we be in three or four more years.  Jesus, Mary and (sigh) Joseph.  I’ve never voted Republican in a presidential election and I’ve been voting since 1972.  I’ll vote for a mangy yellow dog before I’ll vote for the best Republican, much less Donasseipe Trump, the Arch Enemy of Enlightenment.

• Hook 'Em 1