2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

28 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The independents are going to decide this. They’re not going to come out for Joe.

Yes they will, Joe Biden will win independents and double haters

3 minutes ago, Covri said:

If you lose will the US still support Europe? That question ?

The questioner gave a dissertation with a thick accent. 

David Sanger: I have only one question…in 37 parts.

• Haha 3

Serious question: who does that help, assuming that's true?

No idea. The rest of what’s on the ticket will matter more now. Abortion in Arizona and ???. The Dems might just squeak by.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

The questioner gave a dissertation with a thick accent. 

David Sanger: I have only one question…in 37 parts.

Yeah I usually just ignore the set up and focus on when they say so my question is…

2 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

No idea. The rest of what’s on the ticket will matter more now. Abortion in Arizona and ???. The Dems might just squeak by.

The good news is that most of the Democratic House and Senate candidates are polling well.  I don't believe people will vote for Gallegos and Trump.

I’m turning back to ridin with Biden again. I have a nephew with a stutter problem and he’s smart as shit, but sometimes flubs his answers on the spot. He has certain things that trigger it more than others like calling his name to speak unprepared . If you don’t say his name he’s better at handling it. Joe here seems to have a trigger about stepping down. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, 'stache said:

Regardless of how mush mouthed it is at times, he's talking about real issues, very complex issues, and how its being addressed. That's the difference that should matter.

idi-amin-laugh.gif.74889d28592a5a7755a4e15f8de19080.gif

"Should"....yeah, but it wont. With our populace he'd have better luck promising to fund 3 hours nightly of "Ouch My Balls" on network TV. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

He's still at the "the Old Joe is still in there" phase of dementia. It's sad, but I'm glad Old Joe is still around even if it's part time.

You’ve made your mind up and are seeing what you want to see. He’s doing fine and giving long, detailed answers about complex issues. Swing and a miss on your part. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Will you be able to deal with Putin and Xi three years from now?

Yes. Next question. 

It seems like he's purposefully trying to seem sharp.  It's OK, but a bit self-conscious.

After this the Dems either need to get behind him 100% or come at him 100%. It’s not going to be half speak word salad half measures. Dems on the Hill and all pundits need to frt the message. It’s no half measures. Be 100% united which just has to be the case. He’s not stepping down. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Blotto said:

idi-amin-laugh.gif.74889d28592a5a7755a4e15f8de19080.gif

"Should"....yeah, but it wont. With our populace he'd have better luck promising to fund 3 hours nightly of "Ouch My Balls" on network TV. 

I agree, meaning it doesn't matter who the top of the ticket is, too many people don't give a shit about actual issues.

Nobody begrudges him the stutter or the word flubs. Even calling someone by the wrong name can be explained. It was the answers that go nowhere and trailing off that killed him at the debate, along with generally looking pale, frail, and slack jawed. Much better on all those fronts tonight. 

Just now, Duane Moore said:

Nobody begrudges him the stutter or the word flubs. Even calling someone by the wrong name can be explained. It was the answers that go nowhere and trailing off that killed him at the debate, along with generally looking pale, frail, and slack jawed. Much better on all those fronts tonight. 

I think it's harder for him to deal with the stutter now. He searches for a new word to use, and loses his train of thought. I think that happened a handful of times during the debate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

After this the Dems either need to get behind him 100% or come at him 100%. It’s not going to be half speak word salad half measures. Dems on the Hill and all pundits need to frt the message. It’s no half measures. Be 100% united which just has to be the case. He’s not stepping down. 

After this, he’s in 100%. It would have to have been another debate debacle for him to be really called to step down. But he’s doing ok. So, let’s Go Joe!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Red Five said:

I think it's harder for him to deal with the stutter now. He searches for a new word to use, and loses his train of thought. I think that happened a handful of times during the debate. 

Word retrieval (which happens to us all) issues compound with age. You search for a word. You can’t find it. You lose the entire thread. 

so far he’s done well tonite. 

I just want the bleeding to stop either way. 100%. No more off message shit from people on the beltway. They either back him 💯 or they come at him. Or they can all shut the fuck up. 

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Kamala needs to be a major part of the campaign trail and the media needs to cover it with more vigor. 

She was in North Carolina today. I saw a chunk of that speech. Also saw her in Las Vegas the other day. She’s been getting more exposure since Dobbs and it looks to me like she’s getting more since the debate now too  

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm running an experiment which is listening this on the radio instead of watching live to see if it affects how I feel. It was doing better until he took questions. 

And now I'm on the other end. It's easier to listen to this and not feel as worried. He is stuttering as he always does but he's getting to the point eventually. He's not dodging questions. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Kamala needs to be a major part of the campaign trail and the media needs to cover it with more vigor. 

The problem is the fucksticks in Biden’s inner circle probably now consider her the main threat to his reelection

Posted (edited)

Biden wasn’t supposed to ask this guy and he asked about his ability to run and Biden stutters answering, I think that shows he’s better at answering but this are you weak questioning his causing the majority of flubs and he’s not young enough to fight back always.

Edited by Covri
That alcohol got a little Biden in me talk good