2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Maybe this means there are prominent voices or donors who don't like the idea of Kamala taking the wheel.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Bernstein on Anderson Cooper. Bernstein has spoken to Biden. Biden feels betrayed. He has helped many people in their careers and where is the loyalty from everyone. His family is also angry. His record is being disrespected he feels. He is especially angry at Pelosi and Schumer. Biden realizes that the current state of candidacy is unlikely. He wants recognition for his record. He sees this as an attack on him. 

The money is drying up. Many big party leaders don’t want a process where Kamala is “anointed” and it looks like Monday may be a possible announcement for Biden to potentially drop out. That’s all Carl’s reporting. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/19/pelosi-support-open-nomination-biden-drop-out-00169893

Pelosi, always in lock step with the big money, and the CA caucus evidently want an open primary. Supposedly many in this group support Harris anyway but want to avoid the image of a coronation where the party bosses just picked the candidate. I respect Nancy Pelosi as a political mind but the idea that people would not already have that impression after donors and elected officials essentially staged a post-primary revolt is, uh, something. Of course, maybe she is right to just insult the intelligence of the American voter. Works for Republicans.

Democrats are really going to pull this shit, end up with Andy Beshear, and hemorrhage black voters for real, aren't they?

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/19/pelosi-support-open-nomination-biden-drop-out-00169893

Pelosi, always in lock step with the big money, and the CA caucus evidently want an open primary. Supposedly many in this group support Harris anyway but want to avoid the image of a coronation where the party bosses just picked the candidate. I respect Nancy Pelosi as a political mind but the idea that people would not already have that impression after donors and elected officials essentially staged a post-primary revolt is, uh, something. Of course, maybe she is right to just insult the intelligence of the American voter. Works for Republicans.

Democrats are really going to pull this shit, end up with Andy Beshear, and hemorrhage black voters for real, aren't they?

First, be careful with Politico. Second, an important caveat:  if President Joe Biden steps aside

Edited by Zonahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

So here we are week 2 of the Democrat coup and not a single fucking plan of action. What the absolute loving shit is wrong with you people? do you want to waltz in the election like headless chickens?

Biden did not fail me by being old, your leadership failed you by being the most incompetent intra party coup in existence.

I don't care if he is hiding a brain cancer he is getting my vote, I resigned myself in 2020, that you had 4 years and you failed to produce a candidate/ processs is an indictment on your wobbly knees.

That is why you have my bile you have no plan so step aside.

That being said AOC was right about demographics, Biden has the old people and independent centrists, something no other candiate can even replicate (much less Kamala) he needs to shore up the wobbly democrats and the left wing independents who are having a field daydreaming of their prefered candidate right this moment, shoring them up is doable far more doable than expecting a young candidate to get the best old people vote democrats will ever have in my lifetime.

Granted COVID might get him so who knows now. But your shit plan still dooms us all if he goes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Harris would be the prohibitive favorite unless she really screwed it up. Some level of testing is good for her.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It is interesting that Bernstein is basically Joe Biden's age; Biden is less than 18 months older.

3 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

You can't get a concussion when your brain is already mush

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Hook 'Em 2

I really don't see the impact of this coup in the long term for Biden if he remains the nominee.  It will become a referendum on Trump the closer we get to the election.

There are hard deadlines for this coup to work (or not) and I don't see it mattering.

As long as the Dems don't run out Newsome, I think we win.  Still think the best option is to stay with Biden as I've felt since the debate.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The awful part is and I’ve been watching the news 24/7 since June 27th like a junkie is that the pundits (almost all of them white) and the various senators and representatives they have had on that don’t think it should automatically go to Kamala ( she must be battle tested and is a fine candidate but needs separation from Joe and must win this nomination in a contest) are fucking GIDDY about an open mini blitz primary thing. Giddy. Oh look at the possibilities they say. Kamala is a great candidate and she’s at the top of the list but look at what else we have here! The absolute blindness these people have towards what that does to the black base is quite frankly disturbing AND willfully ignorant. 

they go to the backbone of their party when they need help. Go to their base. Which is black and these people have the clueless audacity to say that Kamala shouldn’t be anointed when she was already on the ticket that won the primary and prior to that the WH. What the fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

That was her exact face when asked how she would feel if Kamala was passed over in favor of some kind of open primary/blitz/ballroom dance/speed dating type of deal with multiple town halls leading into the convention. I actually got her exact face. Delta 9 makes me sharper. I’m invincible. 

IMG_1574.jpeg

If Harris is the great pol that her fans think she is then she should be able to win this brokered convention.  If she can't win that, she can't win the general and especially govern.

The Big Cigars likely want Whitmer.

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

The Biden tweets being completely ignored in this thread is classic and hilarious. 

Hard to appreciate as much when he just also verbally and likely physically diarrhead himself publicly 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

I really don't see the impact of this coup in the long term for Biden if he remains the nominee.  It will become a referendum on Trump the closer we get to the election.

There are hard deadlines for this coup to work (or not) and I don't see it mattering.

As long as the Dems don't run out Newsome, I think we win.  Still think the best option is to stay with Biden as I've felt since the debate.

Trump is apparently most scared of Newsome, but that’s just because he’s an insecure twat.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If Harris is the great pol that her fans think she is then she should be able to win this brokered convention.  If she can't win that, she can't win the general and especially govern.

My whole thing is if it goes to this mini-primary thing do the Big Cigars have assurances that any of the people Whitmer included that are on this wishlist are going to run? Will want to run? What if it’s only Bernie Sanders who hears the call and wishes to compete? Or Howard Dean? Like who is going to show up and be willing to challenge Kamala who will be pissed off? Or if no one challenges her and she’s like well that was fun you guys could have just given it to me since I was already on the ticket and would have picked one of these wishlist candidates for my VP. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Her ticket won 14.7 million primary votes.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Dems calling the requests for Joe to step down a "coup" is an unsettling sign that the MAGA flu has spread to the other side. 

• Hook 'Em 5

29 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’ve never met a Trump supporter that wasn’t shy about talking about it. In fact it’s the complete opposite. No one ever had Biden flags or hats, but they still voted for him. The “silent majority” thing was always bullshit. 

Ok now I’m absolutely sure Helobious is a bot account. The number of silent Trump voters in 2016 and 2020 was huge. No one could possibly be as wrong as this poster all the time. It’s a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Dems calling the requests for Joe to step down a "coup" is an unsettling sign that the MAGA flu has spread to the other side. 

Its a coup, you could have run your candidates during primary season but refused to do so, this all smells like people wanted a backroom deal to pick the president. Where is my god damn primary for Biden Next? I thought so.

• Hook 'Em 1

A recent Wall Street Journal poll announced that most voters think Joe Biden is too old to be president for a second term—and a 2024 matchup between Biden and Donald Trump would be evenly split. The poll has since been covered across multiple mainstream media outlets, including MSNBC, CNN, and Fox.

There’s just one problem: The poll was conducted in part by Trump’s former campaign pollster.

The poll, which was published Monday, found that Biden and Trump are tied with 46 percent support each. But “nearly three-quarters of voters say the president is too old to run again,” the Journal article said. It has garnered widespread media attention and outrage. MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough pointed out that Trump has been indicted four times and lied many, many more times, and yet he is tied with Biden simply because the latter is just three years older.

But the Journal neglects to provide information about one of the men behind the poll. Republican pollster Tony Fabrizio conducted the survey in partnership with a Democratic colleague, Michael Bocian. In a separate piece, the Journal acknowledged that Fabrizio “works for a super PAC supporting Trump’s candidacy.”

What the Journal does not mention anywhere is that Fabrizio also worked as the chief pollster on Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign. And since the start of 2023, Trump’s super PAC, Make America Great Again Inc., has paid Fabrizio’s company more than $567,000, according to FEC filings.

IMG_0157.thumb.webp.6bafd173b6f450e3d8be3374337ebce5.webp

Fabrizio also has extensive ties to former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort. Manafort was convicted of tax evasion and bank fraud in 2018 (as well as of having terrible taste in jackets by the court of public opinion).

Fabrizio owned the firm that made a shady payment of $125,000 to Manafort in 2017. Fabrizio was also the lead Trump campaign pollster at the time Manafort provided raw polling data to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, via Manafort’s associate Konstantin Kilimnik. Deripaska has been under U.S. sanctions since 2018, and Kilimnik has been discovered to be a Russian spy.

Do. Not. Believe. The. Polls

EDIT: DAMN YOU @tx 3 putt

Edited by Zonahorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

No it isn’t

It is though. Joe Biden has extremely weak support among black democrats and a huge number of black democrats would like him to leave the race. It’s just not as huge as the percentage of black and Hispanic democrats who, not for nothing, make up about 3/4 of the Democrat voting coalition.

GOP is about 85% white. Democratic Party is about 60-65% white. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Russian bot farms working over time on old Joe !

The debate performance is what kicked off the "Joe" is old narrative.  Polls are for political nerds which is a tiny part of the general electorate. This tweet is conspiratorial gaslighting bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The debate performance is what kicked off the "Joe" is old narrative.  Polls are for political nerds which is a tiny part of the general electorate. This tweet is conspiratorial gaslighting bullshit. 

did you watch Trump last night ?

35 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It is though. Joe Biden has extremely weak support among black democrats and a huge number of black democrats would like him to leave the race. It’s just not as huge as the percentage of black and Hispanic democrats who, not for nothing, make up about 3/4 of the Democrat voting coalition.

GOP is about 85% white. Democratic Party is about 60-65% white. 

You trust the polling?

7 minutes ago, linux said:

Its a coup, you could have run your candidates during primary season but refused to do so, this all smells like people wanted a backroom deal to pick the president. Where is my god damn primary for Biden Next? I thought so.

Do you think it's easy for these Congresspeople to publicly ask Joe to step down? This is an unprecedented series of events. You know they're looking at daily internal polling and taking calls from and listening to their constituents, right? 

People didn't make up a very serious concern about Joe Biden.  They witnessed it. If anything, it's a sign of progress and moral conviction to challenge his ability to run and defeat Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Zonahorn said:

You trust the polling?

Do I trust the National Opinion Research Center and other high quality polling organizations to approximate public sentiment more accurately than vibes? Absolutely. And in this situation their polling tends to mirror the vibes, so where’s the discrepancy?

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Do you think it's easy for these Congresspeople to publicly ask Joe to step down? This is an unprecedented series of events. You know they're looking at daily internal polling and taking calls from and listening to their constituents, right? 

People didn't make up a very serious concern about Joe Biden.  They witnessed it. If anything, it's a sign of progress and moral conviction to challenge his ability to run and defeat Trump.

It's easy when their donors tell them to do it. 

Unprecedented, what are you talking about?

There are a lot of congress critters that don't understand math, yes.

Joe Biden sounded like shit during a debate while he had a cold, there is zero evidence of dementia or Alzheimers.  So yes, the current narrative about Biden has been fabricated.

The entire post-debate frenzy has been disgusting cowardice on the media and elected Democrats participating.

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Moral conviction lol, I just want to blow my brains out (yes I am joking)

Even if you were to believe the whole spiel "I am better than MAGA I will always do the exact opposite they do!" all you do is paint yourself into a corner now everyone and their mother has a candidate because nobody is herding the damn cats.

No war winner ever said "hey guys lets run this battalion like a democracy! It shows moral conviction!" No you do what is smart and what is smart is to win, I don't give a shit about Biden getting all the votes, all I care about is that getting all the votes is what fucking matters, that is the win condition.

And for the record if people had morals they would not have taken money from big money donors, that is all they are doing now "hey my big money donor is telling us to do X!" How convincing there Pelosi.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Zonahorn said:

Unprecedented, what are you talking about?

There are a lot of congress critters that don't understand math, yes.

Joe Biden sounded like shit during a debate while he had a cold, there is zero evidence of dementia or Alzheimers.  So yes, the current narrative about Biden has been fabricated.

The entire post-debate frenzy has been disgusting cowardice on the media and elected Democrats participating.

This is Blue MAGA stuff right here. Are you going to believe your lyin’ eyes?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Do I trust the National Opinion Research Center and other high quality polling organizations to approximate public sentiment more accurately than vibes? Absolutely. And in this situation their polling tends to mirror the vibes, so where’s the discrepancy?

The second sentence makes it very clear the first is confirmation bias. As for the polling, if believe a generational and racial realignment is going to occur this election, I have some Arizona oceanfront property to sell you.

Democrats could have won me over with a detailed and comprehensive strategy AND a homerun candidate this late, they have neither only the love to smell their own farts.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This is Blue MAGA stuff right here. Are you going to believe your lyin’ eyes?

I'm not going to throw an election over a shitty debate. 

Edited by Zonahorn

58 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

And we know nothing about it?  It was part of the teleprompter, sir.  

Or this like a "Happy Fun Ball" situation?  

"The projectile components of Happy Fun Ball include an unknown glowing substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space." 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, linux said:

Democrats could have won me over with a detailed and comprehensive strategy AND a homerun candidate this late, they have neither only the love to smell their own farts.

So they could have won you over with an actual coup, instead of messily reacting to a Code Red event that changed the narrative and chances of winning this race. 

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Ok now I’m absolutely sure Helobious is a bot account. The number of silent Trump voters in 2016 and 2020 was huge. No one could possibly be as wrong as this poster all the time. It’s a bit. 

So he had a “silent majority” and still lost the popular vote both times?

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

So they could have won you over with an actual coup, instead of messily reacting to a Code Red event that changed the narrative and chances of winning this race. 

YES, WIN AT ALL COSTS! Cry about the phyrric victory later, you have absolutely no idea how they are not leaving power if they win, I am talking a combination of fake elections, third terms, cheating civil servants (after proj 2025 is done with them), VP not certifying the election, and lastly the SCOTUS rubber stamping it all, and that is ignoring the crimes against humanity that will be commited like camps for undocumented workers.

I honestly don't care who wins as long as it is not them and I will be volunteering my time to stop them. I just want competence to win.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, linux said:

YES, WIN AT ALL COSTS! Cry about the phyrric victory later, you have absolutely no idea how they are not leaving power if they win, I am talking a combination of fake elections, third terms, cheating civil servants (after proj 2025 is done with them), VP not certifying the election, and lastly the SCOTUS rubber stamping it all, and that is ignoring the crimes against humanity that will be commited like camps for undocumented workers.

I honestly don't care who wins as long as it is not them and I will be volunteering my time to stop them. I just want competence to win.

I would vote for a moldy sandwich over Trump and MAGA

• Hook 'Em 2

I still see the path to Biden victory he got the most votes out every candidate ever, the clown got second place and they will both come down hard in terms of votes, but all it takes all it fucking takes is to convince someone that voted for Biden to do so again. That is infinitely easier than changing someone's mind (generally only 1 in 100 do, never talk to MAGA).

That is the path to victory, if Biden is too sick then so be it, but if he is a stubborn old man I am riding that old horse till the bitter fucking end. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

100%.

It's not a coup.

Democrats calling for Biden to step aside after realizing that he isn't what's best for this country is what separates them from Republicans.

Doing it after the primaries makes it a coup, I honestly don't see how people are so blind to this, there was a process to do this, and you want to know the absolute most pathetic thing of it all? if we ran a snap primary tomorrow over the phone and all dems participated? Joe fucking Biden would still win if 62% want him to step down then 38% is his vote count and that is enough to beat the entire damn field of democrats.

What absolute madness I would feel less worried if it was 99% that wanted him to step down, all we have is a damn democrat civil war in the wings.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, linux said:

Doing it after the primaries makes it a coup, I honestly don't see how people are so blind to this, there was a process to do this, and you want to know the absolute most pathetic thing of it all? if we ran a snap primary tomorrow over the phone and all dems participated? Joe fucking Biden would still win if 62% want him to step down then 38% is his vote count and that is enough to beat the entire damn field of democrats.

What absolute madness I would feel less worried if it was 99% that wanted him to step down, all we have is a damn democrat civil war in the wings.

If SOTU Biden came bursting through the doors I'd be all on board. We haven't even gotten 50% of SOTU Biden.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, linux said:

Doing it after the primaries makes it a coup, I honestly don't see how people are so blind to this, 

The big issue that changed the momentum and greatly decreased the chances of winning happened AFTER the primary.

What is going on here? People are REACTING to an event, not making one up out of thin air. You are 100% never going to convince someone that what happened with Biden didn't happen. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 1