2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dude, this is not a thing.  You should stop using it.

Agreed. Someone threw that at me - not saying it was bozo - I don’t remember who it was - and it was infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

No. And does anyone care? It’s not like if he dies, Trump becomes President 

There's an in between that’s most likely. There’s a very good chance he lives four years, so Kamala is never president. He just deteriorates even more over 4 years, and is “president” - or really Jill or some unnamed group we never voted for. 

While many may prefer that to Trump, that’s a difficult thing to sell. Especially if you’re representing the side of democracy. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, troph said:

I thought we wanted rain? That would be better. 

Oh how I wish it would rain… down on me. 

*life is always better with a Phil Collins song. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

There's an in between that’s most likely. There’s a very good chance he lives four years, so Kamala is never president. He just deteriorates even more over 4 years, and is “president” - or really Jill or some unnamed group we never voted for. 

While many may prefer that to Trump, that’s a difficult thing to sell. Especially if you’re representing the side of democracy. 

Being in software sales I totally understand. Imagine being a sales person with a quota at crunch time when news breaks out your company is being bought out. Your buyer is concerned. Will the product still be the same? Same service?  Who will run the company? Who is in charge? I know great salespeople who have lost huge sales in that situation. 

You can’t sell it to enough voters to win. 

Cedric Richmond the campaign co-chair for Biden-Harris 2024 is on Face the Nation right now. 

[1000 points of light. Stay the course.]

Richmond is saying what you would expect: Biden is the nominee. He has made his decision. He will be the next President of the US. His voters like and want our agenda. He said the 38 members are allowed to do or think what they want. He has a strong base around him. This wasn’t going to be an easy race and they are preparing a campaign that is built to win in November. It’s hard work and they are going to do it. host is having a hard time with this line of questioning. 

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Hillary Clinton is now third on predictit for the dem nom. What did I miss?

Trump mentioned her replacing Biden 

If she took the gloves off she would mop the floor with him if she came back. If course she is also ancient and it's a bad idea. 

Let's just do Harris Kelly and call it a day. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It’s time for Harris / Shapiro let’s fucking go. But if Biden truly says he’s staying as bad as that may be then the party needs to shut the fuck up and attack Trump, attack Project 2025, and attack Dobbs and the Supreme Court. 

Right Now GIF by Ubisoft

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I’m telling you not only is he a nut job existential threat to minority groups and democracy, his health and mental acuity is as bad or worse than Biden. 

but what do we get from the media? 

Dead Silence GIF by Studios 2016

* don't care if this was satire, listen to the kook, he's deranged, and has the mind of a toddler with as many real gaffes and fuck ups or more than biden. get him outta here.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4

I never thought I’d be saying this about my former party but they do seem to be playing chess in this campaign. My former party sucks at getting messages out. Their conventions are more like funerals. Mostly. Trump has his 39 year old VP solidified. If the worst happens and somehow he goes to the pokey they have Vance locked in. And he can bring in whoever at VP. He has his contingency plan locked in who has the support of big tech. 

the kind of shitshow around us I see happening is what happens to Repubs. Usually it was of guy number one saying it’s my turn and my former party bends over and loses. Bob Dole anyone? George HW Bush campaign? John McCain? Mitt muther fucking Romney? Bend over and lose was the MO I grew up with. 

it’s bizarre watching Dems do this. I always envied how they got the vote out. The message out. How they worked with MTV and social media. How they always had the people on tv saying the same message. We are in the upside down world. 

I think this might be the first Presidential election in the history of America where ~60% of the population is hoping one of the candidates dies before the election, and they really don't care which one.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I think this might be the first Presidential election in the history of America where ~60% of the population is hoping one of the candidates dies before the election, and they really don't care which one.

Both

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dude, this is not a thing.  You should stop using it.

1 hour ago, troph said:

Agreed. Someone threw that at me - not saying it was bozo - I don’t remember who it was - and it was infuriating. 

If there's a better name for people telling me to ignore what my eyes and ears are telling me and insisting that the obvious truth is actually an elite cabal manipulating public opinion, I'm happy to consider using it. Until then, I'm happy with Blue MAGA. 

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Biden campaign needs to come out and show us their internals

But they aren't, because their internals are directionally in line with media and public research polls.

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

If there's a better name for people telling me to ignore what my eyes and ears are telling me and insisting that the obvious truth is actually an elite cabal manipulating public opinion, I'm happy to consider using it. Until then, I'm happy with Blue MAGA. 

But they aren't, because their internals are directionally in line with media and public research polls.

The Washington Post calls it Blue Anon. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/07/19/qanon-blue-anon-trump-shooting-conspiracies/

I cannot afford to see behind paywall. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You assume im asking you to ignore it or that im ignoring it. I’m simply asking the dems to stop compounding mistake on top of mistake.

you seem irate to be quite honest and I don’t like you coming at me with a Maga tag. It’s beyond infuriating, it’s antithetical to my very being, and even moreso because you really aren’t getting the nuance I’m trying to articulate. 

So let me be clear. The dems and Biden are fucking this up at every turn, it’s time to stop. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

You assume im asking you to ignore it or that im ignoring it. I’m simply asking the dems to stop compounding mistake on top of mistake.

you seem irate to be quite honest and I don’t like you coming at me with a Maga tag. It’s beyond infuriating, it’s antithetical to my very being, and even moreso because you really aren’t getting the nuance I’m trying to articulate. 

So let me be clear. The dems and Biden are fucking this up at every turn, it’s time to stop. 

This got fucked up the minute Democrats decided to abandon Joe Biden. I don't think it's going to get better any time soon.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

This got fucked up the minute Democrats decided to abandon Joe Biden. I don't think it's going to get better any time soon.

Pretty much yes.  Making this so public has been fucked up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, troph said:

First, I don't think you in particular are BlueMaga. I simply disagree with you that there is a worse option than staying with Joe Biden, and I am beyond frustrated that a significant number of Democrats are choosing certain defeat.
That said, the BlueMAGA people are beyond aggravating, because not only are they choosing defeat, they are abandoning the only thing that can preserve any sort of coherent opposition post-election. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This got fucked up the minute Democrats decided to abandon Joe Biden.

This got fucked up the minute America was shown 90 minutes of proof positive that Joe Biden could not possibly serve out his term and probably shouldn't have the job right now. And I love Joe Biden. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

First, I don't think you in particular are BlueMaga. I simply disagree with you that there is a worse option than staying with Joe Biden, and I am beyond frustrated that a significant number of Democrats are choosing certain defeat.
That said, the BlueMAGA people are beyond aggravating, because not only are they choosing defeat, they are abandoning the only thing that can preserve any sort of coherent opposition post-election. 

Joe Biden is the reason this has become so acrimonious.

And that's understandable. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Hillary Clinton is now third on predictit for the dem nom. What did I miss?

PredictIt is predominantly white men, which is the one thoroughly conservative demographic subgroup. Right wing conspriacies always have outsized odds on there. See Michelle Obama consistently getting traction.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1