2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yeah, I know a few people who moved there in the last 5 years to get away from "liberal dictatorships"

Saw this on Twitter, maybe it's a sign of things to come for Florida.

Maybe they’re taking Trump’s threats to cut their Social Security seriously.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Chopper said:

This is why: The fascists will try to keep a state, or even multiple states, from certifying its electoral votes by keeping states tied up in court. It's a continuation of the January 6 coup.

Their goal is to prevent states from certifying electoral votes. Under the Constitution, if a state hasn't declared its electoral college vote at least 6 days before December 17 then it may result in that state's votes not being cast. In such a case, the US HOR may get to decide the election. 

bingo 

you know Texas is ready to play along 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Trial runs have been attempted the past couple of years, a maga gqp election official on the county level will refuse to certify an election result. One excuse I’ve seen is they want to review all voting data on voting machines and they want to match how many people voted to the number of votes cast. It has yet to work but with an Abbott or Paxton in charge, that county election official might have firepower behind them. 

say they split Tx and Fl, both states delay certifying results on purpose + multiple maga gqp lawsuits to muddy the water. Boom, it goes to the house 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Rage+1 2

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

MSNBC is reporting it’s down to these guys…

image.png.d98ee4ec1369be01392a5691183029a0.png

I like how all the "inside sources" have all narrowed down to the final 3 and all of the sources have a different group.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I like how all the "inside sources" have all narrowed down to the final 3 and all of the sources have a different group.

It’s a football coaching search 

18 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I can't think of their name, but the supremacist-incel crowd has been attacking Vance because he married a non-white.

Also, please enjoy this:

image.png.95c4011a61f52a556f313b347b888816.png

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The guys at the off-airport parking shuttle have Walz, Shapiro, and Kelly. 

Someone page Walz at the DC airport 

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

2,458th disqualifying thing this POS has said.

You realize that 90% of the Trump voters probably don’t even know what a white nationalist is. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

say they split Tx and Fl, both states delay certifying results on purpose + multiple maga gqp lawsuits to muddy the water. Boom, it goes to the house 

So should all of us.

IMG_7330.thumb.jpeg.a1ca5829d4bba25742472d016be06f4f.jpeg

Taylor Swift is performing something live during the Olympics tonight on NBC. Would be a terrible shame for Trump if she were to use this opportunity to drop her nuts on the table. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Texas has enough votes to swing blue, have to get out the non traditional voters 

Take fucking everything. Spend it all. Hammer the critical and get into the possible huge win territory especially if Trump melts completely down in polls. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Constant said:

Taylor Swift is performing something live during the Olympics tonight on NBC. Would be a terrible shame for Trump if she were to use this opportunity to drop her nuts on the table. 

Parks And Recreation Please GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Constant said:

Man that would be crazy. What bigger moment than that? Globally. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You realize that 90% of the Trump voters probably don’t even know what a white nationalist is. 

I think they know. They just "know" it's not them and that they're in no way responsible for their existence anyway. 

23 minutes ago, Constant said:

We saw enough nuts on the Olympics runway yesterday AYO!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, immamac said:

Take fucking everything. Spend it all. Hammer the critical and get into the possible huge win territory especially if Trump melts completely down in polls. 

There’s a ton of focus on the growing wave of Hispanic voters, but the Asian and Black population has also been outfucking whites in the state for awhile. Every time there’s a demo discussion that gets overlooked. Gonna be interested in the Ft Bend and Harris Co. breakdowns

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

There’s a ton of focus on the growing wave of Hispanic voters, but the Asian and Black population has also been outfucking whites in the state for awhile. Every time there’s a demo discussion that gets overlooked. Gonna be interested in the Ft Bend and Harris Co. breakdowns

ft bend county demographics favor Harris. But lot of those non whites lean R

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chopper said:

here's a portion of a thread that discusses the "in 4 years you won't have to vote anymore" statement in context of the crazy, nutty, extreme christian nationalists - who were the audience when Drumpf made the statement. Sarah Posner is a writer/journalist.

image.thumb.png.74b4d3e393ca67b6de69fc7678173913.png

image.thumb.png.cf2025b8333acdc4fda641a08b2c40ae.png

image.thumb.png.6d5d3a6d8d377cd64587207b68e3cf79.png

https://bsky.app/profile/sarahposner.bsky.social/post/3kycbct2dbg2t

Yep, nothing to see here folks. Completely normal behavior by completely sane people.

• Hook 'Em 1

RE:  the Harris campaign press releases, such as this:

Spoiler

image.png

I don't recall anything like this being sent out on a consistent basis from the Biden bunch either in 2020 or earlier this year, and I can't help but wonder---was this type of thing something that Joe just didn't like?  Or was there some other person within the Biden campaign org chart that believed people really didn't like seeing that kind of message being sent out?

Because to me, it's as if someone finally said "enough" and started putting this kind of thing out on blast, which should have been happening all along.

• Hook 'Em 8

At what point do the dems really start talking up the maga plan of kicking the election over to the house of reps? It’s so painfully clear that’s the play

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I’ve seen a few sporadic young people (under 35) expressing support for Trump. I just can’t understand that. They aren’t hooked on Fox News. They don’t have faulty old memories of the old days. Why in the world would a young person vote Trump. I wish a surly young person supporting Trump would show up and explain. But I know they won’t because they will get attacked hard. 

Just now, Dbeasy said:

I’ve seen a few sporadic young people (under 35) expressing support for Trump. I just can’t understand that. They aren’t hooked on Fox News. They don’t have faulty old memories of the old days. Why in the world would a young person vote Trump. I wish a surly young person supporting Trump would show up and explain. But I know they won’t because they will get attacked hard. 

Parental or friend influences.  Or pieces of shit like Elon.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

RE:  the Harris campaign press releases, such as this:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

I don't recall anything like this being sent out on a consistent basis from the Biden bunch either in 2020 or earlier this year, and I can't help but wonder---was this type of thing something that Joe just didn't like?  Or was there some other person within the Biden campaign org chart that believed people really didn't like seeing that kind of message being sent out?

Because to me, it's as if someone finally said "enough" and started putting this kind of thing out on blast, which should have been happening all along.

You're right, Democrats have not done that. They always try to reason and explain. Even when it's obvious the R's are being disingenuous gaslighters. 

I don't know who's doing the writing and how the new attitude came about but I'm certain more than one journalist will have an explainer about it soon. 

edit - for example, look at what the Senate has done even as a bunch of christian extremists have taken over portions of the government via the Supreme Court. They literally wrote a strongly worded letter. That's it. 

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1