2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

At what point do the dems really start talking up the maga plan of kicking the election over to the house of reps? It’s so painfully clear that’s the play

This is way down the rabbit hole, but currently the state delegations in the House are 25R-23D-2 Ties. What, pray tell, happens if that becomes 25 votes for Trump and 25 for Harris in the House?

NC and MN are the ties FWIW.

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ve seen a few sporadic young people (under 35) expressing support for Trump. I just can’t understand that. They aren’t hooked on Fox News. They don’t have faulty old memories of the old days. Why in the world would a young person vote Trump. I wish a surly young person supporting Trump would show up and explain. But I know they won’t because they will get attacked hard. 

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Parental or friend influences.  Or pieces of shit like Elon.

This. Or they were bullied or losers in HS and want to be part of the "tough" group.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This is way down the rabbit hole, but currently the state delegations in the House are 25R-23D-2 Ties. What, pray tell, happens if that becomes 25 votes for Trump and 25 for Harris in the House?

Im only seeing 21 dem majority

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1356977/house-representatives-seats-state-us/

14 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Which session of congress will decide the current or the incoming? 

6 minutes ago, bluto said:

This is paywalled for me but I think I miscounted anyway. 26-22-2, not 25-23-2. Nevermind then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/118th_United_States_Congress#/media/File:118th_US_Congress_House.svg

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Which session of congress will decide the current or the incoming? 

Incoming I believe, but all there is to go on right now is the current. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

maybe all this needs separate thread ?

what happens if the black vote shows out in Louisiana, harris wins the state. It all goes to the house and R’s have the majority of La seats ?

49 minutes ago, Chopper said:

here's a portion of a thread that discusses the "in 4 years you won't have to vote anymore" statement in context of the crazy, nutty, extreme christian nationalists - who were the audience when Drumpf made the statement. Sarah Posner is a writer/journalist.

image.thumb.png.74b4d3e393ca67b6de69fc7678173913.png

image.thumb.png.cf2025b8333acdc4fda641a08b2c40ae.png

image.thumb.png.6d5d3a6d8d377cd64587207b68e3cf79.png

https://bsky.app/profile/sarahposner.bsky.social/post/3kycbct2dbg2t

I grew up amongst these cultish assholes. If any of this sounds crazier than squirrel turds, you should’ve seen it live. They’ve been chomping at this “end of the world” bit for so long.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

MSNBC is reporting it’s down to these guys…

image.png.d98ee4ec1369be01392a5691183029a0.png

I don't get the reactions - all three are great options.

Kamala herself has brought the base home. Need someone to expand the map and/or appeal.

59 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

maybe all this needs separate thread ?

what happens if the black vote shows out in Louisiana, harris wins the state. It all goes to the house and R’s have the majority of La seats ?

If it goes to the House, the popular vote becomes irrelevant. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

thats what I figured. This man has been up trump’s ass since day 1, probably has changed his diaper. Yet Trump passed him over for speaker. He won’t fail Trump if it goes to the house ….

IMG_1389.jpeg

9 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

And that's what is being hoped for.  When Trump says shit like "we have plenty of votes" this is exactly what he means.

Then again, he contradicts himself in the next breath with shit like "we need your votes this year".

• Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Well, if it goes to the house then every single vote cast is irrelevant.  Unless you think the reps will do the right thing and vote based on their state results.  

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

5 hours ago, South Austin said:

JD Vance: “Wrong. Hamburger helper, Parmesan, salsa…… and then after putting on some Selena for the mood- I mash it all up in a big half-filled rubber glove …..”

fify

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ve seen a few sporadic young people (under 35) expressing support for Trump. I just can’t understand that. They aren’t hooked on Fox News. They don’t have faulty old memories of the old days. Why in the world would a young person vote Trump. I wish a surly young person supporting Trump would show up and explain. But I know they won’t because they will get attacked hard. 

Well you see, southern frat kids are generally at their most retarded stage of life.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Just now, Ted Lange said:

How does he not have some TrumpCoin to grift off his simps?

Hey, there's only so much tech know how in the Trump orbit.  It takes all they have just to keep his Twitter knockoff running.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1