2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

31 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

But I've been in charge of special media for forty years! I used to send out the faxes! You can't replace me!

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

New FL poll has Trump up 7 (49-42) with Rick Scott underperforming Trump (47-43) and both the abortion and weed amendments flying by (69-23 abortion and 64-31 weed)

She has some room to grow, especially with those weed/abortion numbers.

It's really strange to see such a huge gap between Trump/Scott and the no side of the amendments. The Michigan amendment passed 56-44, and it swept the GOP completely out of state government. 

Then again, this is Florida we're talking about.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Counterpoint: they claim being gay is a choice because they’re all closet homosexuals and think they’re choosing to be straight. 

I was unclear, evidently. That was my point. I better proof that.

One can only conclude that they have faced that choice and decided that they want to be heterosexual.

ETA It says what I want it to. There was a post right after mine that was more direct. Saying they made a choice suggests they could as well be gay or closet homosexuals. 

Maybe I just should have gone concise and direct in the way you do. 

Edited by RomaVicta

I received my first Trump campaign text spam:

From Trump: NEVER SURRENDER

I will always love you for supporting me.  

Unity Peace. MAGA

I wonder if "Fuck off, weirdo" is going to get me on a list.

• Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Morning Consult has a 1.8 star rating (out of 3 stars) from FiveThirtyEight, ranked 116th on its pollster rankings.

The actual data is paywalled

1 to 3 star width? 

I only like star systems that go to eleven. 

Unity Peace. MAGA

I usually reply with go fuck yourself, cunt.

Unity Peace. MAGA

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

I replied to my latest Ted Cruz spam with "Go fuck yourself, you treasonous simp."  Immediate response of "You have successfully been unsubscribed."

That's right, Cruz's campaign spam reacts to keywords to automatically unsubscribe you.  I'd like to think "treason" and "simp" are on that list as being so frequently used that they serve as red flags.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yea when you create those messages you can put more keyword options than STOP as a choice to unsubscribe. I’ve only gotten two or three this cycle and instead of telling them to Fuck off, which helps them narrow their list, I just ignore

On 7/29/2024 at 11:05 AM, Pancho said:

Radical republicans are paying rappers to promote the “Kamala isn’t black” narrative and to not vote for her.

The problem is these are the shittiest of shit rappers and they are getting massacred by everyone regardless of race in the replies.

Shiiiiit

They don't get the joke.

Edited by TexasEd

I hope he doesn’t drop Vance because he will pick up Haley and that will cost Democrats a few votes from right leaning independents who right now are going with Harris. I don’t think the impact will be huge, but 1% is critical. 

• Hook 'Em 8

7 minutes ago, The Dog said:

From Reddit. It's going to be very, very difficult to get away from this:

image.thumb.png.57b3322fa61f0ee766d10c5a82eac030.png

I'm also seeing a lot of rumors that Trump doesn't know what to do with Vance. He might just launch him if at all possible - the catch being they need to do so before the deadline for the parties to submit their candidates to the states. 

There's a high likelihood that they have already done that. If so then they are fucked and are stuck with him.

@Dutchrudder

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c711448ff8a211967437d812e553b6d2.jpeg

@Enchubben 

I know you're too embarrassed to ask to be notified whenever these guys show up in a thread. I got ya. 

34 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

So dotard and the couch fucker are really gonna roll into downtown Atlanta next week on the heels of a similar rally by Harris and Megan thee Stallion. Which republican megastar is that fat orange fuck gonna bring with him to resonate with urban Atlanta....the Nuge, f'n Chachi? He'll get trounced in attendance and immediately claim he set a  record for the state of GA. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

@Enchubben 

I know you're too embarrassed to ask to be notified whenever these guys show up in a thread. I got ya. 

So dotard and the couch fucker are really gonna roll into downtown Atlanta next week on the heels of a similar rally by Harris and Megan thee Stallion. Which republican megastar is that fat orange fuck gonna bring with him to resonate with urban Atlanta....the Nuge, f'n Chachi? He'll get trounced in attendance and immediately claim he set a  record for the state of GA. 

or they'll refuse to host him when they ask for payment for the venue up front and he says no

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

or they'll refuse to host him when they ask for payment for the venue up front and he says no

I don't know where the venue is and I don't know Atlanta well, but I do wonder how many Trumpsters will hear "Downtown Atlanta" and assume it's too dangerous to go.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I don't know where the venue is and I don't know Atlanta well, but I do wonder how many Trumpsters will hear "Downtown Atlanta" and assume it's too dangerous to go.  

To be fair, for them, it might be. 

13 minutes ago, Blotto said:

@Enchubben 

They’ll pay people to attend to make the rally look similar in size. We know how this works.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

don't give him a pass on this. he's just a horrible person who looks down on other people - for a whole host of reasons. My future BIL quipped while drunk one time, "Parents are just better people." I think there are a lot of people who have had children that feel that they are simply better humans by virtue of having had children - most just don't say it out loud. Even fewer say it on a microphone while running for office. 

I am a parent of two and I can say I am not better. Being a parent is like becoming blind at 30 in a world with no braille or white canes and trying to find your way around. I am just guessing what will make my boys solid humans. My wife and I do our best we can that day. Constantly second guessing our decisions. I am positive I am screwing something up while hoping I don't. People that use kids as some sort of reflection of their value are insane. You really don't know if you did a good job for 30 years or so. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Okay weird, again

Huh.  So....to be clear....we're getting unsolicited advice on "how to be a man" and "what a man would do" from a dude who got his current wife by stalking her, deflating her tires so she'd have to get a ride home with him, all while he was already married.  Dude.  Richard Simmons and Liberace were more qualified to lecture people on "how to be a man" than that chunk of shit.

I have a son.  If I had to give him shorthand advice on "what would a man do," it would start with "do the opposite of everything Jesse Watters has ever done."

• Hook 'Em 8