2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

If its real there really is just no justification whatsoever to remain on that platform unless you're a truth social type of person. Should be that way anyway, to be honest.

There’s already no reason to be on it. It sucks 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I just like how she takes Trumps perceived strength on the issue and sticks it up his ass. 

Meh. Trying to decide but still don’t know how she stands on boat batteries vs sharks or movie serial killer cannibals.
  • Haha 3

She did a great job tonight - addressing the border (and the bill) head-on, acknowledging that while the economy is doing well, prices are too high and we all know it and have to do something about it 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I think it's a good ad for targeting certain voters (like "Republicans against Trump").  I would be concerned about making it look like a centerpiece of the campaign.  For the voters who list immigration as their number one issue, I think Harris has little opportunity for improvement.  For lefites (like me), the pandering could be a major turnoff.  I don't mind the ad, but it does set her campaign promise at what had previously been seen as a moderate compromise.  It's a shift to the right on an issue that is driven largely by xenophobia. Like I said, I don't mind it, but I can see the campaign treading lightly here.  

Edit to clarify: I think the issue is driven by xenophobia, but the ad isn't.  

This type of capitulation played a role in Buffalo and El Paso. Reminds me of the spinelessness that became synonymous with the Democratic Party. Makes no sense, and it makes me glad that I haven't given a dollar to the party.

He’s lost. Also, how fucking low is the bar for republicans that it’s just accepted that the Fox News anchors will coach Trump through the interview and it’s not on every other news station as a complete failure of journalism. The grading curve for Trump is infuriating.

Edited by TexEx15
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

He’s lost. Also, how fucking low is the bar for republicans that it’s just accepted that the Fox News anchors will coach Trump through the interview and it’s not on every other news station as a complete failure of journalism. The grading curve for Trump is infuriating.

They aren't. They are giving him rope to hang himself. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

meg ryan yas GIF

That's very good.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

They aren't. They are giving him rope to hang himself. 

I think they are setting this up but won't hang him out to dry until after the convention.

Trump got no bounce after the GOP clown show. If she gets any kind of bounce then the knives may come out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

I've seen a bunch of excerpts, but has this whole interview aired yet?

I found it.

God's honest truth.  The only thing I could think of watching this was those old "Kids say the darnedest things" shows.  My original plan was to find a YouTube clip to post for comparison, but it didn't work.  Turns out, the kids were too coherent and focused.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

What has the American press done in the last 5-6 years to make you believe they are going to do anything but ignore Trump's weirdness and idiocy (at best) or outright laud and praise him?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

This is the lie they tell themselves that really blows my mind the most.  He literally made a fool of himself (and so did Ivanka and Jared) everywhere he went outside the US.  Other world leaders made fun of him, basically to his face.  And then when we denied him re-election, the world rang bells.  The world did.  How can they possibly believe we were more respected under him?  

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

What the fuck does he think black people do for work that migrants will come in and take their jobs away? 

Shit hole jobs.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Trump is so fucked if he keeps this up. He's gotta get on message or find something that sticks on Kamala. 

Counterpoint:   at least 40% absolutely love the message he puts out.  

Now, I concur that last 11% is a bitch.  But he's banking on on other things to help him if necessary.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Schulz2.0 said:

We don't need any immigration reform? It's been an issue for years. People wanting a perfect candidate that agrees with them on everything are going to get an orange dictator instead.

This is a massive self-inflicted wound on the part of her campaign. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that. Immigration reform is popular, but the hardline bill Biden was "trying" to pass is terrible and would have been terrible if it had passed. It was not, in any way, shape, or form, the type of meaningful reform that the country needs.

Migration is a GOOD thing, and I'm tired as hell of both parties pretending otherwise.

She is a better candidate than Trump in that and in all other respects, but I am under no obligation to give any money or spend any time helping. If she wakes the fuck up, I may change my mind.

• Haha 2

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

Now, I concur that last 11% is a bitch.  But he's banking on on other things to help him if necessary.

I don't think they do. They liked him because he was the bully. No one likes a loser and he's being punked like a little bitch right now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I’m hearing the Dems are planning to devote one night of the DNC to Trump’s crime spree. They might need to re-think this. I’m not sure one night will be enough to tell the whole story.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

This is a massive self-inflicted wound on the part of her campaign. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that. Immigration reform is popular, but the hardline bill Biden was "trying" to pass is terrible and would have been terrible if it had passed. It was not, in any way, shape, or form, the type of meaningful reform that the country needs.

Migration is a GOOD thing, and I'm tired as hell of both parties pretending otherwise.

She is a better candidate than Trump in that and in all other respects, but I am under no obligation to give any money or spend any time helping. If she wakes the fuck up, I may change my mind.

I agree with the bolded, but maybe we focus on winning this close as fuck election and then worry about meaningful reform?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

I agree with the bolded, but maybe we focus on winning this close as fuck election and then worry about meaningful reform?

That's my point. She's demoralizing her base by adopting a watered-down version of Trump's policies. I'm pissed at the policy, and equally pissed about the avoidable electoral consequences of this choice. Tells me that not all of the bad advisors are gone.

• Haha 1

Man, a few weeks ago, I was writing off Georgia. Trump has no realistic path without it, unless he sweeps the entire upper Midwest again and holds NC

image.png.04bdd86e663f7fe2273527b6d613e56c.png

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

If he went on live tv, or even just at a rally, and reached back into his diaper, took out a handful of fresh poop, smeared it on his face, and then implored his fans to follow suit, what do you think the audience would do?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If he went on live tv, or even just at a rally, and reached back into his diaper, took out a handful of fresh poop, smeared it on his face, and then implored his fans to follow suit, what do you think the audience would do?

I don't know.   Is there enough poop in his diaper for all of them?

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

No, she isn't. 

It's early. If she tries to match Trump on this whole "I'm tough on the border" thing, she will fail and it will piss off a chunk of the base. It's the right's version of "weird" and there's no effective counterargument to it except to reject the premise that migration is bad and to highlight a compassionate, common sense alternative. Beto was excellent at that.

• Haha 2

That's my point. She's demoralizing her base by adopting a watered-down version of Trump's policies. I'm pissed at the policy, and equally pissed about the avoidable electoral consequences of this choice. Tells me that not all of the bad advisors are gone.

If the left is demoralized at immigration related policies, it is almost assuredly the correct political move when it comes to winning elections.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1