2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

24 minutes ago, mdmost said:

What the fuck does he think black people do for work that migrants will come in and take their jobs away? 

Ted_Knight_in_Caddyshack_colored_boy_joke_scene.gif

All the lawncare, housekeeping, busboy, fast food jobs will be taken from you!

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

That's my point. She's demoralizing her base by adopting a watered-down version of Trump's policies. I'm pissed at the policy, and equally pissed about the avoidable electoral consequences of this choice. Tells me that not all of the bad advisors are gone.

Yes the base seems very demoralized right now…

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

This is a massive self-inflicted wound on the part of her campaign. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that. Immigration reform is popular, but the hardline bill Biden was "trying" to pass is terrible and would have been terrible if it had passed. It was not, in any way, shape, or form, the type of meaningful reform that the country needs.

Migration is a GOOD thing, and I'm tired as hell of both parties pretending otherwise.

She is a better candidate than Trump in that and in all other respects, but I am under no obligation to give any money or spend any time helping. If she wakes the fuck up, I may change my mind.

This is a weird hill to die on but you do you bud. Compromise is bad, they should have done something the facists in the house wouldn't have passed and I would be happy! 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If he went on live tv, or even just at a rally, and reached back into his diaper, took out a handful of fresh poop, smeared it on his face, and then implored his fans to follow suit, what do you think the audience would do?

"Look, he's just like us"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This thread isn't the place to debate it, but I strongly disagree that normie Republican policy orthodoxy on taxes and guns (insofar as I find the former ridiculous and the latter hypocritical and amoral in the extreme) is what brought their party to this point. What led their party to this point is decades of pandering to people they used to reject in order to acquire and consolidate power, and a shocking lack of personal integrity among elected Republicans once they did. 

I will add that courting fundagelicals was probably the most linear path to today.  I'm not sure they ever rejected them (neither did Dems until err'one became a heathen), but courting them and encouraging the breakdown of the wall between church and state was an horrendous mistakes.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have policies in place as opposed to “fuck it, let them across and don’t bother doing anything. 

That's not what I've advocated. I'm saying she's trying to play a rigged game, and she will lose. In the process of losing, she will alienate a substantial portion of the base.

• Haha 1

Just now, chainsaw said:

That's not what I've advocated. I'm saying she's trying to play a rigged game, and she will lose. In the process of losing, she will alienate a substantial portion of the base.

Only the most radical leftists agree with you, because you have no concept of what constitutes the actual “base” and you certainly have no regard or even an interest in trying to account for the thoughts and views of centrists or independents. Both of them being crucial to this election. Which is why your posts have been met with a fair amount of mockery. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, mdmost said:

She has to appeal the mainstream and the mainstream wants the border fixed. It is not working and thinking it's fine is sticking your head in the sand will also lead to her losing. There hasn't been a legitimate push for immigration reform in 20 years. It is beyond time that it happens. No one allowed and everyone allowed is not feasible. There has to be a compromise. 

We agree there. However, the details of that compromise are what matter and if she's adopting the right-wing rhetoric before that negotiation even starts, that bodes poorly for her. For every "centrist" she gets (and any centrist who agrees with right-wing framing is just going to vote for the real deal anyway), two or more progressives will stay home.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

We agree there. However, the details of that compromise are what matter and if she's adopting the right-wing rhetoric before that negotiation even starts, that bodes poorly for her. For every "centrist" she gets (and any centrist who agrees with right-wing framing is just going to vote for the real deal anyway), two or more progressives will stay home.

Bullshit. You can't even explain what you hate about this. What details do you hate? Preventing illegal immigration is one part of necessary immigration reform. The next part is staffing up so that legal immigration can be processed much more quickly. That's the path to solving the border. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

It's like guys who claim they are alphas but aren't. They're just insecure. I think Kamala laughing and calling them weird cuts to the heart of the matter. They are so insecure and hate if a woman is laughing at them or thinking they're weird. 

Which is why Trump is torn on debating her - it's got to drive him nuts because you know he feels weak when she's calling him out and he can't respond.  But there's got to be a lot of fear of looking weak if he were to debate her.

And Trump campaign staffers have already publicly whined that it's not fair that he was running against Biden and now has to run against her.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Ten Bears said:

I received my first Trump campaign text spam:

I wonder if "Fuck off, weirdo" is going to get me on a list.

I get things like that too. I figure, let it keep going, burn up 3 cents of their ad budget.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Which is why Trump is torn on debating her - it's got to drive him nuts because you know he feels weak when she's calling him out and he can't respond.  But there's got to be a lot of fear of looking weak if he were to debate her.

And Trump campaign staffers have already publicly whined that it's not fair that he was running against Biden and now has to run against her.

But she's stupid and DEI. He should be able to wipe the floor with her if those things are true and she's not worthy of being president. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yes, because Kamala adopting "right-wing rhetoric" is enough to make progressives stay home so a person who...checks notes...wants to mass deport people who have been in this country for multiple years nevermind possibly sweeping up actual citizens who may not have paperwork on them can win the White House. About as smart as pro-Palestinian people staying home so Trump can get elected and let Israel get wiped off the face of the Earth. Brilliant strategy to show those Democrats. 

I have some news for you on how Chainsaw feels about Palestine. Let’s not ask him about Shapiro for VP. I’m serious don’t ask him. 

• Haha 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I have some news for you on how Chainsaw feels about Palestine. Let’s not ask him about Shapiro for VP. I’m serious don’t ask him. 

I think I've shared my hope that Kamala can win enough states so that those cunts in Michigan make no difference and their little protest can blow up in their faces. Tired of purity test, one issue voters.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What's also great about the "weird" play is if he does debate, pretty much every time he gets done saying anything, all she has to do is this

see-oprah.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yes, because Kamala adopting "right-wing rhetoric" is enough to make progressives stay home so a person who...checks notes...wants to mass deport people who have been in this country for multiple years nevermind possibly sweeping up actual citizens who may not have paperwork on them can win the White House. About as smart as pro-Palestinian people staying home so Trump can get elected and let Israel wipe Gaza off the face of the Earth. Brilliant strategy to show those Democrats. 

They will stay home, shoot the messenger all you like, but it has happened before.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I think I've shared my hope that Kamala can win enough states so that those cunts in Michigan make no difference and their little protest can blow up in their faces. Tired of purity test, one issue voters.

I’m not going to pretend that they don’t have some pretty legitimate fucking grievances.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Man, a few weeks ago, I was writing off Georgia. Trump has no realistic path without it, unless he sweeps the entire upper Midwest again and holds NC

image.png.04bdd86e663f7fe2273527b6d613e56c.png

heard earlier today that the Harris team has a huge volunteer organization built in Georgia. Let’s go!

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I’m not going to pretend that they don’t have some pretty legitimate fucking grievances.

Sure but they might want to think about what a Trump 2nd term means to their own people IN THIS COUNTRY. He has said he wants to deport pro-Palestinian protestors. He wants to reinstate the Muslim ban. Do they think he'll allow Palestinian refugees into the country? Do they think he'll approve any aid to that region that isn't for Israel to have more weapons? 

• Hook 'Em 7

Illegal immigration and fixing the border is the second most important issue to swing state voters behind inflation/the economy. Mainly due to baseless fear mongering from Republicans that has leaked into the mainstream as crime is down but well...its an important to many to seem tough on migrants.

Screenshot_20240730_212955_YouTube.jpg.2150623d3ae1dd755c898da50fc75cc0.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

They will stay home, shoot the messenger all you like, but it has happened before.

Awesome. They'll have tons to bitch about on social media with Trump 2.0.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, mdmost said:

Sure but they might want to think about what a Trump 2nd term means to their own people IN THIS COUNTRY. He has said he wants to deport pro-Palestinian protestors. He wants to reinstate the Muslim ban. Do they think he'll allow Palestinian refugees into the country? Do they think he'll approve any aid to that region that isn't for Israel to have more weapons? 

A Harris admin would likely continue Biden’s work to broker a ceasefire. Trump would be handing over the nuclear codes so Bibi could launch our nukes directly into Gaza himself 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

It happens every fucking time. You can set your clock by it. That’s what’s infuriating. We have mocked trump fucks for voting against their interest for years, justifiably, but when a segment of the left perpetually does the same, no matter how legit their grievances, it’s verboten to discuss it. Instead the narrative is always “placate the people who won’t vote to save themselves.” It’s dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Illegal immigration and fixing the border is the second most important issue to swing state voters behind inflation/the economy. Mainly due to baseless fear mongering from Republicans that has leaked into the mainstream as crime is down but well...its an important to many to seem tough on migrants.

This.  It's annoying as fuck, but win the election first and then we can try to re-educate these idiots about what the real dangers are.  You aren't going to convince them the border isn't a problem in 3 months.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

They will not stay home this election. 

I think the far left is starting to open their eyes, although very slowly. Bernie is still their North Star, and he's 80+ year old at this point (love Bernie, fyi). I think AOC has kind of disappointed them as they see she kinda has to be more normie in order to get anywhere in Congress. 

Leftists really like Tim Walz. The dude was a member of the NRA 10 years ago, so he's not a lefty lifer like Bernie. But he's actually got shit done in Minnesota, and they're starting to see that results are better to fight for right now than dreams. 

They will vote. They will enthusiastically and loudly vote with Walz on the ticket. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

eftists really like Tim Walz. The dude was a member of the NRA 10 years ago, so he's not a lefty lifer like Bernie. But he's actually got shit done in Minnesota, and they're starting to see that results are better to fight for right now than dreams. 

They will vote. They will enthusiastically and loudly vote with Walz on the ticket. 

yes please

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

I think the far left is starting to open their eyes, although very slowly. Bernie is still their North Star, and he's 80+ year old at this point (love Bernie, fyi). I think AOC has kind of disappointed them as they see she kinda has to be more normie in order to get anywhere in Congress. 

Leftists really like Tim Walz. The dude was a member of the NRA 10 years ago, so he's not a lefty lifer like Bernie. But he's actually got shit done in Minnesota, and they're starting to see that results are better to fight for right now than dreams. 

I’ve noticed too that progressives really like Beshear as well.

Shapiro for me is an automatic no with his school choice shit. Losing issue 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Buddy, I feel like you’re too emotionally tied to Walz. Like when he isn’t picked you’re going to be suicidal. I worry. 

5 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

I get this. Right now, Kamala's team needs to strategize better over this. She ought to talk with Beto's 2018 team about how to discuss the issue. I'm not thinking about the honeymoon period, I'm thinking about October. This can and will be a problem for her campaign if she plays it poorly.

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Buddy, I feel like you’re too emotionally tied to Walz. Like when he isn’t picked you’re going to be suicidal. I worry. 

i'll be fine. 

But it is true about Walz and leftists really liking him. It would be great to have a VP pick with a very broad appeal in the party. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I would say that anyone that REALLY cares about the VP pick at this point is dumb.  I'm fine with whomever.  I like Walz's energy and strategy, but if he's not the VP pick, ok.  Just make sure he's in front of the cameras often from now until November.

• Hook 'Em 1