2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

33 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Share it here all you like. I just don’t like a grown adults testicles and three quarter naked trannies being on live tv when my 7/9 year old are trying to watch what was supposed to be an athletics opening ceremony. But I guess that makes me WEIRD.

It does

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Share it here all you like. I just don’t like a grown adults testicles and three quarter naked trannies being on live tv when my 7/9 year old are trying to watch what was supposed to be an athletics opening ceremony. But I guess that makes me WEIRD.

I’m sure you took the time to educate them regarding art and what they represented right? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Seems to me that most of the people who bitch about the Olympics opening ceremony appear to believe it is the production of some US based firm or is taking place in the US.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

magats everywhere will be boycotting France....again, soon.  Boycotting a country they could never afford to vacation in and who doesn't want them there, anyway. 

Thank god. I love France and I don’t want to run into MAGAs there. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Whining on social media about the opening ceremonies of a country they don't live in seems a lot like the "virtue signaling" the right claims the left always does. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

It's Bama. Found the original quote on Wikipedia:

"Between Paoli and Penn Hills, Pennsylvania is Alabama without the blacks. They didn't film The Deer Hunter there for nothing – the state has the second-highest concentration of NRA members, behind Texas."

For North Alabama, that's dead-on. If you got kidnapped by a PA/AL cartel and dumped in the woods of either state in your underwear you'd be hard-pressed to tell where you were until you tried to buy beer in a gas station. Beer = Bama. No Beer but it's a Sheetz or a Wawa = Penna.

(Let me get this tweed jacket on and light this pipe) Beyond that, Carville actually got it backwards. It's Alabama that's Pennsylvania minus Philly and Pennsylvania Dutch. When central PA was first settled it was heavy with Irish types who had 8 kids, and some went west, some stayed home, and the rest piled down along the Appalachian ridges through all those states and the last one was Bama. (There's hill in Mississippi that they sometimes claim as the end of the Appalachians-- they lie.)

We can buy beer in gas stations here now!

• Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, Foosters said:

The reason "weird" works is that it touches the core of GOP's insecurities. They are so very concerned with being the "in" group, as evidenced by their constant screeching over media, Hollywood, tech, and pop-culture being aligned against them. Its why they cling so desperately to their B and C list celebrities, and why they elevate no-name mumble rappers simply bc the they're wearing a MAGA hat.

Calling them Nazis or racists really doesn't move the needle. They just smirk and embrace it. But "weird" is the kid who got ignored at school and ate lunch alone. 

This nails it about their reaction to weird better than anything else I've heard. After all, they're fucking fascists whether they know it or not.

In groups, out groups. Protect but don't bind. Bind but don't protect. They're fine with all that and only dread being one of the "outs." 

Also, they assume we'll do to them what they'd gladly do to us. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Yeah, Harris isn't going to be some savant on the campaign trail.  She still has all the problems that plagued her when she was gaining 1% of the vote to be the Democratic nominee back when.  

Specifically what? You can just say “yeah she still has the same problems” and not give specific examples.

3 minutes ago, Bojack said:

This nails it about their reaction to weird better than anything else I've heard. After all, they're fucking fascists whether they know it or not.

In groups, out groups. Protect but don't bind. Bind but don't protect. They're fine with all that and only dread being one of the "outs." 

Also, they assume we'll do to them what they'd gladly do to us. 

Well and the shit they're "weird" about shouldn't be that controversial when you point it out. It's weird to be against IVF if one of your goals is to want people to be able to have children. It's weird to be against birth control. It's weird to want to force people to have children. It's weird to say people who choose to not have children are unhappy, cat ladies. Vance is the living embodiment of all things weird that the new MAGA GOP is subscribing to. He is the literal MAGA fringe on display for all to see. If this is what it takes to show people who haven't been paying attention to what their possible future could be then have at it and go at them with both barrels. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I wouldn’t read that much into where they are starting as the pick 

Romney introduced Ryan in Virginia

Hillary introduced Kaine in Florida

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’m sure you took the time to educate them regarding art and what they represented right? 

Oh certainly. See here son, pulling your balls out of your hot pants next to the bearded lady, this is art. Put it in the Louvre. 

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I wouldn’t read that much into where they are starting as the pick 

Romney introduced Ryan in Virginia

Hillary introduced Kaine in Florida

Well, maybe learn from those mistakes. 

36 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I found the opening ceremonies full of artistic choices that made me think “hm”.  

So it did its job! Art should make you think. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

She just needs to 3 yards and a cloud of dust this thing until November.    

A two-yard out to John Chiles every now and then would be good to change it up and keep the Trump defense on its heels.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Oh certainly. See here son, pulling your balls out of your hot pants next to the bearded lady, this is art. Put it in the Louvre. 

We get it, this is all the art you'll ever need. Go worship your false God. 

image.png.7c61423bc9bb48231d6cdf12b36dd518.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well, maybe learn from those mistakes. 

Maybe.  I fully understand the importance of PA, but I think she can win it without Shapiro.  He will still be a very effective surrogate.  He has a lot of concerns for me (school choice, Israel, the sexual harassment settlement).

I will fully be on board if he's the pick, nothing is changing my mind.  But I think it is Beshear, as he's the only one who has gotten enhanced security detail that we know of. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Biden introduced Harris in Delaware.

Obama introduced Biden in Illinois. 

Trump introduced Pence in New York

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Do you want to tell him, or should I?

That's different - female nudity is okay; breasts are fine.  But male nudity?  TESTICLES????

Movie Reaction GIF

The fragile heterosexual white man cannot handle such things.  Same people who lost their mind that Netflix's historical docudrama didn't shy away from Alexander the Great's male love interest.  As if the Greeks weren't gay as fuck.  

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Perhaps I should be more specific. This is art.

IMG_0782.jpeg.0000d9ce06ecf8374c6632ea0ece37a3.jpeg

This is art, yes even with the nudity.

IMG_0789.thumb.jpeg.06d11e771fbcc39bd75b376487a64926.jpeg

Not art.

IMG_0790.thumb.jpeg.c97f62807a937a6a5f21370bb00fd12e.jpeg

Since you're a self appointed gatekeeper of art...

Is this art?

1178.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s threatening to take the ball and go home when your candidate doesn’t pitch a perfect game on your issues. Or so completely misunderstanding the voting bloc(s) necessary to win and how you fit into them. It’s trump people bleating they won an election because there weren’t any boats on the water with Biden flags. And it’s exhausting. 

Progressive have power, if they utilize it properly, i.e., don't sit out and whine.  Go look at 2020 - we put aside our differences, put Biden into office, and while he hasn't been perfect, he has been pretty god progressive with his legislation on climate change, labor rights, etc. compared to who he is/has been. 

You put them in office first and then work to get them further to your side.  Even easier to do when you don't sit out and put more progressive people into the House and Senate to nudge POTUS along. 

• Hook 'Em 5