2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

8 minutes ago, naija said:

NABJ invited him. He accepted. Black Twitter had a big intra-fight about inviting him in the 1st place, and some people left the organization. Big worry was that he would do his usual bullshit and the optics would provide material for his campaign to use, saying he has Black support. The other difficult part, was that Harris had already stated she couldn't make it, and he had already begun to use that as a wedge... again not pissing many off at NABJ

Further, they invited Kamala and she told them she could only do virtual as her schedule wasn't aligning. They told her to kick rocks because she needed to be there in person. 

They've gotten so much pushback, they reached back out to Kamala to reschedule something in September. 

However, NABJ has gotten major flack for inviting trunp and a lot of Black journalist refused to attend and are online spitting shit at the organization and rightfully so.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Today’s the day, right? He’s gonna drop the n-bomb. Maybe on truth later, but it’s happening, right?

He's gonna make the Michael Richards meltdown seem like a fart in the wind.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Further, they invited Kamala and she told them she could only do virtual as her schedule wasn't aligning. They told her to kick rocks because she needed to be there in person. 

They've gotten so much pushback, they reached back out to Kamala to reschedule something in September. 

However, NABJ has gotten major flack for inviting trunp and a lot of Black journalist refused to attend and are online spitting shit at the organization and rightfully so.

Done fucked up

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

to bring it back to a relevant topic, it reminds me of the character agnès in molière's comedy "l'ecole des femmes."

I'm not even slightly cultured enough to understand this sentence at all, but I shall not mock you for using it in this thread.  Also, I threw some rep towards it.

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Oh, they'll spin it.  They'll do so within the next hour.

"Black people are nasty, they are rude.  It's part of their broken culture, it's the same kind of thing that causes them to riot, and break all of our laws, and be incarcerated at a rate 10X that real americans are.  Frankly, it's subhuman behavior."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He reminds me of something someone once wrote about Mack Brown.

Paraphrasing but basically anytime Mack (Trump) says "and that's fine" or "I'm fine with it" you know deep down they think it's the most appalling thing that's ever happened to them.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

That's the vibe I'm getting from my small handful of acquaintances who are Republicans or Republican-leaning.  I just had a coworker who leans heavily Republican tell me that there was "no chance" that Trump wins.  Really?  "Yeah," he said--"no chance Kamala doesn't win."

Honestly, it feels a lot like the level of despair we had three weeks ago.  But maybe without the hope that their candidate could be persuaded to drop out.

And on their side, I think you can't discount the number of people who treat electoral politics as entertainment or sport.  Voting for Trump is just a mechanism to make the libs cry and whoop it up after you win.  But if Trump isn't going to win, then it's no fun.  And beyond that, there's no real point.  Why bother supporting a team if you know it's going to lose?  And if you're a person who votes only infrequently, why go out and vote if you know you're just going to be on the losing side?

With a little luck and some good work on the campaign, we can get a snowball rolling downhill to bring about an electoral thumping.

Two things:

1) The folks who received tax cuts are really looking forward to more tax cuts.  The majority of them are gonna vote for Trump again.  This includes the idiots who didn't have the income/ org structure to benefit from the tax cuts, but feel like they are elite, because they're morons... and they'll pull the lever for the Red team.

2) I'm excited, The Gata gonna have a great season and win at least 9 (looks at the schedule) 5?! games.  The moral of the story is the Salt Life Trumpkins are still gonna get whipped into a frenzy by reports of The Olympics turning their Christ loving children into gay witches who smuggle terrorist across our open borders.

Glad to hear despair from Trumpland, but I'll believe it when we see it and maybe even then I'll wait till the swearing in.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, who does Trump fire for getting him this gig today?

In his mind, since he believes he’s always the smartest person in the room (he took tests and aced them!), he probably believes he “won” and stood up to a roomful of Black ABC reporters who were out to get him.  He’s probably proud of himself.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

"You're talking the one with the water?"  Dude really does his homework.  

I just realized he made the motion like someone was throwing a bucket of water.  Gaslighting fuck was implying that the victim was throwing water at the cop.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I want a clean version of Not Like Us playing any time Kamala or her VP are out to speak to a crowd. 

considering who it's directed at, and what her makeup is...... I wouldn't go there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naija said:

considering who it's directed at, and what her makeup is...... I wouldn't go there. 

It was playing yesterday in Atlanta before Kamala came on to speak. The crowd loved it. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Today I learned migrants are going to come in and become journalists, taking those jobs from black people. 

At which point, in Trump's mind, they will decide to turn Black.

Edited by dcbc
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pancho said:

They are doing great work by having him here and letting him publicly vomit all over himself for everyone to see. Really can't ask for much more than that, this will be all over the next news cycle. It's not like he's going to convince people to vote for him. I'm happy they did it, it's not an endorsement of him, and they aren't letting him say whatever he wants, they are keeping him in check and asking pointed questions. It's an excellent example of what journalists should be doing every day to our politicians. 

• Hook 'Em 9

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Today I learned migrants are going to come in and become journalists, taking those jobs from black people. 

To be fair, having watched the state of "journalism" in this country over the past 20 years or so, I'd flat-out trade 95% of our working journalists for coverage put together by these guys:

1400_ufcw_1_1000_666_90.jpg

I mean, sure....I'd get sick of their constant fawning over Liga MX teams, but I could skip past that....

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 4

the "happened to turn Black" line is so fucking hilarious though. like, you know, there is no way he himself believes it, but his belief in his own bullshit and the willingness of others to indulge him is so great that he went for it anyways..

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

If you can produce a photo of a confederate flag or Nazi flag at a Trump rally that hasn’t been superimposed into the photo, I’ll eat my hat.

Might I suggest one of our offerings I think you will like.

IMG_6022.jpeg

• Haha 2