2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Seriously though, objectively how does Trump pull out of this tailspin? This is now definitely tailspin territory post RNC. Before it was kind of a vibe thing, but now he's out there and clearly fucking losing it on stage, ending engagements early after disaster answers, losing the crowd etc etc.

Set aside for a second what you think about him winning and the morality of helping someone like him win, but what would you do if you were in charge of the strategy at this point in the  campaign?

Just now, Mo Horn said:

I'm sure Usha Vance really loved that Indian/Black comment. 

Didn't she post something in support of all the shit they've been saying already? I think she's full maga / tradwife / dumbshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

This further solidifies for me that he won't debate Kamala. He couldn't even deal with a tough question from a journalist without using "nasty". How is he going to take a former prosecutor badgering him on his non-answers? He'll use the journalist being from ABC News as the reason he won't do it. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, 'stache said:

Didn't she post something in support of all the shit they've been saying already? I think she's full maga / tradwife / dumbshit.

Yep

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, immamac said:

Seriously though, objectively how does Trump pull out of this tailspin? This is now definitely tailspin territory post RNC. Before it was kind of a vibe thing, but now he's out there and clearly fucking losing it on stage, ending engagements early after disaster answers, losing the crowd etc etc.

Set aside for a second what you think about him winning and the morality of helping someone like him win, but what would you do if you were in charge of the strategy at this point in the  campaign?

Swift boat veterans or some shit?

worked for Chris LaCivita once before. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I'm sure Usha Vance really loved that Indian/Black comment. 

Hey, obviously she's not a white person, BUT her husband still loves her.  And isn't that what every woman dreams of?  A man who can look past the obvious flaw of not being white, and love her just the same?  Gosh, it just makes the Hallmark Channel part of my heart go pitter-patter.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Reality is back

As a member of Gen-X, I'm really learning to hate me some Gen-X.  We're almost as shitty as the Boomers.  And I gotta tell ya, our generational slogan of "slightly less shitty than the Boomers" just isn't boosting my morale.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Just now, Js1 said:

Settling nicely into a Harris +2-4 range before the VP pick, Dem convention and Trumplosion.

Let Walz charm a few straggling independents / undecideds and she could hit 50%+ (fingers crossed).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

af43eec1-69ff-4f95-acab-545d9b6477e0.png

Yes....those are called "leading questions," which are what any remotely intelligent inquisitor uses on cross examination.

You still have to answer them.  And no, saying that Kamala "turned black" and that you would pardon J6 criminals who attacked cops "if they were innocent," then to be told "they were convicted," to which you then say "yeah whatever, those were fake trials" are not "crushed it" answers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This further solidifies for me that he won't debate Kamala. He couldn't even deal with a tough question from a journalist without using "nasty". How is he going to take a former prosecutor badgering him on his non-answers? He'll use the journalist being from ABC News as the reason he won't do it. 

He’s fucked. Show up and debate and it goes like this. Don’t show up and Harris gets uninterrupted time on stage with an empty Trump podium like Ossoff did. Those optics will be terrible for him too.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yep, people get pulled from interviews they crushed all the time.

Trump was so good that he didn't think it would be fair to take the full hour. He was afraid Black people would vote for him 2 or 3 times if he went any longer. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes....those are called "leading questions," which are what any remotely intelligent inquisitor uses on cross examination.

You still have to answer them.  And no, saying that Kamala "turned black" and that you would pardon J6 criminals who attacked cops "if they were innocent," then to be told "they were convicted," to which you then say "yeah whatever, those were fake trials" are not "crushed it" answers.

But please take a moment to note Trump’s restraint.  He did not say that most of the DC trials were in Washington DC - where it’s filled with rabid animal Negro prosecutors and bleks on the jury. 

That was very measured.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I'm Indian and most everyone in my family and circle I know have always known Harris is half Indian ethnically and take pride in that, but also are of the view that she's always identified as a black woman.  Her mother raised her specifically as a black woman as well despite being Indian as she thought that was the best thing to do for her future.  There are articles about her upbringing that discuss that.

It's insane to suggest she "turned Black".

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

As a young Gen X-er, I think you see a split between those of us born in the mid to late 70's vs the ones born in the 60's.  I'm 50 and that poll has me lumped in with 60 year olds and there is a huge demographic difference there.  I have more in common with elder millenials than 60 year olds.

Who was the president when you turned 18 and how did you respond to them?

That's the pertinent question for each generation. It's less about when you were born and more about how you feel/think at that point you are able to vote.

Reagan beguiled a lot of Gen X.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

As a member of Gen-X, I'm really learning to hate me some Gen-X.  We're almost as shitty as the Boomers.  And I gotta tell ya, our generational slogan of "slightly less shitty than the Boomers" just isn't boosting my morale.

Dude, it's been the biggest disappointment of my life

• Hook 'Em 3