2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

29 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Reality is back

Im not sure I think this poll is reality. I have a real hard time believing Trump is winning independants, but I can't back that up with anything other than my gut feeling. Honestly I don't think Trump is getting 92% of Republicans either. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Who was the president when you turned 18 and how did you respond to them?

That's the pertinent question for each generation. It's less about when you were born and more about how you feel/think at that point you are able to vote.

Reagan beguiled a lot of Gen X.

This is also true

6 minutes ago, naija said:

I've seen Shermichael Singleton a few times on CNN and he's very good. Calm, patient, reasonable, all other Republican or Democratic strategists need to learn from him.

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, naija said:

We need Trump to turn on Fox more.

A certain well-connected former Republican here needs to get his GOP contacts to send these Fox clips to everyone who has a shot at getting this to the Trump family - so they can let the orange turd turn on Fox News some more. 

Moar dysfunction!!! 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Im not sure I think this poll is reality. I have a real hard time believing Trump is winning independants, but I can't back that up with anything other than my gut feeling. Honestly I don't think Trump is getting 92% of Republicans either. 

Republican turnout is going to be bad if the Trump campaign can't stop shitting its' pants every week.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Closer to reality than the other polling this year.

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Meh don’t fret over crosstabs too much. Could be small samples. Trump “Winning” independents and still down is a good thing 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Who was the president when you turned 18 and how did you respond to them?

That's the pertinent question for each generation. It's less about when you were born and more about how you feel/think at that point you are able to vote.

Reagan beguiled a lot of Gen X.

That's a good way to put it.  I turned 18 in 1992 and someone who turned 18 in 1982 under Reagan likely has as totally different view even though we're both Gen X

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

44 minutes ago, immamac said:

Seriously though, objectively how does Trump pull out of this tailspin? This is now definitely tailspin territory post RNC. Before it was kind of a vibe thing, but now he's out there and clearly fucking losing it on stage, ending engagements early after disaster answers, losing the crowd etc etc.

Set aside for a second what you think about him winning and the morality of helping someone like him win, but what would you do if you were in charge of the strategy at this point in the  campaign?

Given that he’s probably going to avoid debating her, there is nothing he can do to bring any more people to the polls for him, that aren’t already coming, so he’s going to have to find a new VP candidate.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

As a member of Gen-X, I'm really learning to hate me some Gen-X.  We're almost as shitty as the Boomers.  And I gotta tell ya, our generational slogan of "slightly less shitty than the Boomers" just isn't boosting my morale.

Yeah, the 50+ demographic is just awful.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

A certain well-connected former Republican here needs to get his GOP contacts to send these Fox clips to everyone who has a shot at getting this to the Trump family - so they can let the orange turd turn on Fox News some more. 

Episode 2 Drama GIF by PBS

Edit Never mind  you meant somebody else

Edited by atomheartbevo

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

As a member of Gen-X, I'm really learning to hate me some Gen-X.  We're almost as shitty as the Boomers.  And I gotta tell ya, our generational slogan of "slightly less shitty than the Boomers" just isn't boosting my morale.

Trump is Gen X's Reagan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

You left out the part where Clyburn told everyone to sit down and shut the fuck up, we're going with Joe.

Sounds familiar.

July is typically too early for aggy tears but you're goodamn right I'm here for this.

43 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This further solidifies for me that he won't debate Kamala. He couldn't even deal with a tough question from a journalist without using "nasty". How is he going to take a former prosecutor badgering him on his non-answers? He'll use the journalist being from ABC News as the reason he won't do it. 

Yeah, taking potshots at ABC today means he’s not debating her.  He was laying the groundwork for MAGA to understand why h won’t debate her with the ABC rants.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, gmr548 said:

July is typically too early for aggy tears but you're goodamn right I'm here for this.

Dont worry, August is going to be awful for them

• Hook 'Em 1

Trump said the former first lady was watching his Pennsylvania rally live on television on July 13 when 20-year-old Thomas Crooks opened fire, grazing him on the ear.

'I said so what was your feeling,' and uh she was uh, she can't really even talk about it... which is OK, because that means she likes me or she loves me. I mean, let's say if she could talk about it freely, that wouldn't be, I'm not so sure which is better. But uh, she either likes or loves me and uh that's nice."

Melania at home:

Animated GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, TexasHooch said:

They all just went to the Offensive Flag store on the way from the rally to the capital.

I just love thinking of all the shitbag hucksters who stocked up on cheap Chinese "Let's Go Brandon Flags" for their shops and are basically stuck with inventory they can't move.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

We’ve all see a lot fewer flags, bumper stickers, etc. in recent years when driving outside of larger cities or in Trumpy areas, and a lot of stuff that we do see is 2020 shit.  I don’t see MAGA types among my family/friends/coworkers on social media/FB going all in on Trump shit like Facebook profile photos etc. they used to.  There’s a difference in the air.  

Sure, some/many will still vote for him, but if the enthusiasm is down among Repuvlicans who voted for him in the past, why would independents be more excited for him now versus the past?

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Episode 2 Drama GIF by PBS

Edit Never mind  you meant somebody else

You were included man. But I thought Lara blocked you when you said you thought the first thing she did after leaving Andersonville was get lip work done?

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I just figured we didn't respond to polls.  Not to say we probably aren't some magnitude of shitty more than what we ought to be.

• Hook 'Em 3