2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

9 minutes ago, Constant said:

What does it even stand to gain? The racists already vote Trump. What new vote does this bring to the table? 

Gets everyone arguing about whether Kamal is black or not, instead of JD Vance fucking his couch.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I would love to see working class and poor people organize a call upon which they could make it clear to the Harris campaign that their voices, hopes and dreams matter. They may not be able to raise cash but they can spread hope and encourage those in their orbit to become informed participants in the political process at all levels.

Unions are the closest thing I'd say

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Ted Lange said:

SJL funeral 

Spoke at the teacher conference in place of Biden

Fundraiser and sorority event on Wednesday

SJL funeral on Thursday

she’s not making a play 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, tx ind said:

Kamala is in Houston for the 2nd week in a row, do they know something or is it just coincidence? 

One visit was for a national teacher's union conference likely scheduled well in advance, and now she is there for SJL services.

Texas is a legitimate campaign stop as a Democratic presidential candidate to hit the ATM and try to drum up enthusiasm that might help in down ballot races, but I would not read anything into it beyond that.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, tx ind said:

Big money fundraiser tonight as well

She should only be in TX, Cali and Chicago for money. She ain’t dumb.

She is going to live the next 3 months in GA, NC, WI, MI, PA, AZ, NV

• Hook 'Em 5

49 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Gen X lost their shit after turning 50 and/or Covid. Trump is the first reactionary "celebrity-turned-politician of their adult lives that they, as an age group, broadly supported.

My first presidential election was 1988. I voted for Dukakis over Bush and I've voted democrat in every presidential election since. 

• Hook 'Em 7

9 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Kamala is in Houston for the 2nd week in a row, do they know something or is it just coincidence? 

They know that Harris county (coincidence?) could flip the state if they really wanted to.  But ain't nothin gonna happen.

Edited by Biff Tannen
plus all the other stuff everyone posted
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What is their obsession with "she's not really Black" line? Do they think this is all of a sudden going to get independents and others to swing their way? 

It feels like trying to tell someone what race they are is just a bigger turnoff to voters. 

I mean, I never thought they'd get more than 12% Black vote and they definitely aren't now. 

• Hook 'Em 7

12 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The other - wait for it -  weird thing about the MAGA bit here is that Harris has been pretty open about her mixed heritage, at least since she's come onto the national stage. Mixed race individuals and families are plenty common in the US in 2024. This idea that Kamala Harris can't be Indian and black is going to fall flat against most people's day to day experience. They are really showing heir ass here. 

Yep.  It's not just that ethnic/multi-ethnic/multi-racial families are common among voters.....they are common friends and neighbors of voters.  Those white kids who go to Westlake?  Most of them have friends with names like Naya and Jai.  And at other schools, the white kids have friends with names like Jorge, and Dewayne and Lamar.  Sure, there are super-white suburb high schools, but they aren't as common as you'd think.  Among the under 40 crowd, the vast majority grew up with and have social circles that include a variety of ethnicities.  Shit, my son was home for a couple of weeks, and the parade of his buddies that came by was (either in whole or in part) hispanic, indian, afghan, jewish, chinese, and white.  When you shit on multi-ethnic people, you are shitting on the friend and neighbor group of probably 80% of Americans (sure, that includes Trumpkins, who tell their ethnic friends "oh, I don't mean you....you're one of the good ones!")

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I would love to see working class and poor people organize a call upon which they could make it clear to the Harris campaign that their voices, hopes and dreams matter. They may not be able to raise cash but they can spread hope and encourage those in their orbit to become informed participants in the political process at all levels.

I like this idea very, very much.  Just a "Hardworking Americans for Kamala call."  And have it NOT be about fundraising, but about what they can do to help the campaign, block walk, talk to their family members, get people registered to vote, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Pancho said:

What is their obsession with "she's not really Black" line? Do they think this is all of a sudden going to get independents and others to swing their way? 

It feels like trying to tell someone what race they are is just a bigger turnoff to voters. 

I mean, I never thought they'd get more than 12% Black vote and they definitely aren't now. 

Wouldn’t it just confused the racists to be told she isn’t black?  They can’t be a difficult cohort to flummox. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

My guess is they want people to think that she changes constantly to suit whatever she needs to be in the moment.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

“Race doesn’t matter!”

“Harris isn’t really black?”

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Unions are the closest thing I'd say

Recognition of the fact among  poor and working class people of all ethnicities that they have more in common than not, would be the death knell for Trump’s brand of divisive politics.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

My first presidential election was 1988. I voted for Dukakis over Bush and I've voted democrat in every presidential election since. 

I was 4 so I can’t comment on what the election was about, but all I know of the 1988 election was 1.) The Willy Horgan ad, 2.) Kitty Dukakis rape/murder debate question 3.) Dukakis riding in a tank and 4.) Bush promising no new taxes.

I just read Duakis actual response to that crazy question and I can’t see how that was a bad answer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

My guess is they want people to think that she changes constantly to suit whatever she needs to be in the moment.  

Quick pivot from DEI hire to “well she’s not actually black”

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Big money fundraiser tonight as well

Let's parlay this funeral into a fundraiser.  Politicians really have no shame.  Don't get me wrong, I'm voting for her for sure but man that's just classless.

5 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

This sounds like something a black woman would say at the "State of the Black Union." I think she just might identify as black (also she fucking kills it with this explanation). And this was back in 2006:

She said all that to say that what happened to Sonya Massey at the hands of police should never happen.

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

They thought they could reduce the black vote for Kamala by telling black people she wasn't black.  They though this, because they are a bunch of white people living in their white people echo chamber.  They just proved why having diversity on the team would be helpful.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Let's parlay this funeral into a fundraiser.  Politicians really have no shame.  Don't get me wrong, I'm voting for her for sure but man that's just classless.

Shelia Jackson Lee would be proud tho…

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

She isn't having the fundraiser at the funeral.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

They know that Harris county (coincidence?) could flip the state if they really wanted to.  But ain't nothin gonna happen.

You get the 900k+ blacks and 2 mil+ Hispanics in Harris County to all vote, and the state turns quickly. Unfortunately, the Texas Democratic Party has little to no ground game or plan to drive turnout. 

• Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You there right now? 

I’m pretty sure she stays at the hotel across the street from my office (not being more specific to make sure Icono doesn’t do anything stupid). Cops have the streets around it all closed right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I give it a week before a full R n-word gets dropped. this might be riling up some of the worst of the worst, but it's turning off WAY more

That dipshit just said colored? Lord we are in for a ride boys and girls

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1