2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

You get the 900k+ blacks and 2 mil+ Hispanics in Harris County to all vote, and the state turns quickly. 

Did... did I just get a politics boner?

7 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

She isn't having the fundraiser at the funeral.

Seems like a wasted opportunity, man.

5 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

What SJL would have wanted, what her family wants, should be the primary consideration

Goddamn, that got a pretty good laugh outta me.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You get the 900k+ blacks and 2 mil+ Hispanics in Harris County to all vote, and the state turns quickly. Unfortunately, the Texas Democratic Party has little to no ground game or plan to drive turnout. 

oh yeah? well if you get all the divorced dads in Ft Bend and Montogomery County to the polls, america will be "great again"

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I give it a week before a full R n-word gets dropped. this might be riling up some of the worst of the worst, but it's turning off WAY more

They gonna say this bitch said "college" instead of "colored" too?  No no, you're hearing it wrong, he said "college!!!!!1".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

She'll be able to swat this away in one speech.

"I am a proud Indian American and I am also a proud Black American.  I feel honored that my diverse background matches the melting pot that is this country, one that allows a man from Jamaica to  marry a woman from India and raise a child who gets to experience the magic of multiple cultures and then run to be your next President."  

Yeah, this is definitely a middle/middle fastball that she will be putting in the left field seats first opportunity. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

oh yeah? well if you get all the divorced dads in Ft Bend and Montogomery County to the polls, america will be "great again"

Go back to worrying whether Harris is secretly a lizard person. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

If Trump says he did it because "she doesn't respect wood" I'd vote for him.    (j/k)

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

"Brisketexan says he's mexican, instead of coonass.  Except when he says he's a coonass, instead of mexican.  He posts recipes for gumbo.  And then he posts recipes for barbacoa.  STONE COLD PHONY!"

EDIT: see the post right above mine.  EXACTLY.  For the nearly 40 million Americans who identify as multi-racial (and probably 100 million+ more who consider themselves multi-ethnic)....we understand EXACTLY the nature of Kamala's story and family dynamic.  Yeah...she's both.  Duh.

GF's DIL lives in our guesthouse.  Dad's from Italy.  Mom's 1/2 Mission Indian (a real tribe) and 1/2 Mexican.  

Tell her that she's not an Indian, an Italian, or a Mexican, and she'll cut you (or scalp you or whatever)

2 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

That’s the kind of thing an 11 year old bully does. 

I think he grabbed it thinking it was his and then realized it wasn't. Or maybe he couldn't figure out how to open the lid. 50/50 in my view. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

News at 10:

Trump is a fucking terrible person, terrible candidate, thin-skinned, tired, a terrible businessman, and not hard to run against. But he does have 40-45% of the electorate and an electoral college advantage. 

Kamala is going to be hitting middle-middle fastballs for most of the next 3 months. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Yep. This is gonna get ugly. I think it’s all downhill from here for the Trump campaign 

The interview has only just come to my attention. After watching Trump play his usual routine telling Black people who is Black and his limp dick, cowering fall back to calling women nasty and rude, I was thinking they got nothing.

Then I saw Habba and the idiot on FOX. Their failure to find any legit angle of attack on Kamala is practically an endorsement of her. Their crazy dog whistling about your nigras running for office teamed with claims that she is not actually Black would be laughable if their part of the electorate could recognize the absurdity and vileness.

The DEI attack and this degenerate desire to designate racial groups reeks of Himmler. In todays world, it's difficult to determine race because, thankfully, lovers are crossing racial lines. 

As I wrote earlier, are we about to hear the word quadroon? Will someone force these racists to define Black? 

I think the wings of their plane are on fire. I'll enjoy the fiery crash.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

If things keep going badly for Trump, I wonder when we start to see the cracks with Republicans in the same vein of what Biden went through with Democrats. If enthusiasm dies for him, it will affect down ballot races. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

53 minutes ago, Pancho said:

What is their obsession with "she's not really Black" line? Do they think this is all of a sudden going to get independents and others to swing their way? 

It feels like trying to tell someone what race they are is just a bigger turnoff to voters. 

I mean, I never thought they'd get more than 12% Black vote and they definitely aren't now. 

Trump's performance today is about one of two things.

1. Putting Kamala on defense of her racial credentials so she is no longer on the offensive against Trump and all his faults

2. Collecting all eyes on him and his performance to distract attention from something else

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If things keep going badly for Trump, I wonder when we start to see the cracks with Republicans in the same vein of what Biden went through with Democrats. If enthusiasm dies for him, it will affect down ballot races. 

It’s a cult, no cracks but just whining about “election interference” and “fake news”

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

1. Putting Kamala on defense of her racial credentials so she is no longer on the offensive against Trump and all his faults

2. Collecting all eyes on him and his performance to distract attention from something else

This!

I hope her team is smart enough to stay on offense and on message.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

my-child-oh-my-child.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tx ind said:

It’s a cult, no cracks but just whining about “election interference” and “fake news”

It's a cult for some of them. For others, they just went along with it to survive and to hold onto power like Ladybug. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The interview has only just come to my attention. After watching Trump play his usual routine telling Black people who is Black and his limp dick, cowering fall back to calling women nasty and rude, I was thinking they got nothing.

Then I saw Habba and the idiot on FOX. Their failure to find any legit angle of attack on Kamala is practically an endorsement of her. Their crazy dog whistling about your nigras running for office teamed with claims that she is not actually Black would be laughable if their part of the electorate could recognize the absurdity and vileness.

The DEI attack and this degenerate desire to designate racial groups reeks of Himmler. In todays world, it's difficult to determine race because, thankfully, lovers are crossing racial lines. 

As I wrote earlier, are we about to hear the word quadroon? Will someone force these racists to define Black? 

I think the wings of their plane are on fire. I'll enjoy the fiery crash.

100% reeks of Himmler. His whole campaign messaging has the stink of that fuckwad from day 1. It’s so completely obvious, but it has been working again, too. Scary shit that we have learned nothing from 1930-1945. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Wait, you think that Kamala is gonna go on defense about her racial credentials? 

I have some oceanfront property in Arizona you may be interested in. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Well the first is an epic fail because theres no defense necessary of something so obvious, and no defensiveness to simply remind people that she is both Black and Indian and have never shied away from either.

5 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

This!

I hope her team is smart enough to stay on offense and on message.

meh.  She should smile and say how she feels honored that she, like former President Obama, Is being falsely attacked by Trump on issues of race and nationality - and she looks forward to talking about it in the debate. 

Edited by Gatorubet

39 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I think he grabbed it thinking it was his and then realized it wasn't. Or maybe he couldn't figure out how to open the lid. 50/50 in my view. 

He thought it was his and then later drank from it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s kinda funny, of all the American Presidents, Trump’s ancestors are among the least American.   On some level he probably feels insecure about this and projects by race policing. 

I applaud Drumpf's interest in authenticity even though it will cost a ton of money to reprint every sign and tshirt in his true name.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Wait, you think that Kamala is gonna go on defense about her racial credentials? 

I have some oceanfront property in Arizona you may be interested in. 

She's gonna be asked what she thinks about Trump's comments and will spend time on that, while all of us are like, "OMG, did you see what Trump said?!" and turn it into a news story that reporters have to ask her about.  And about. And about.  It's a smoke bomb diversion to slow her down and regroup, or it's a smoke bomb diversion to get us focused on Trump's antics today and away from things we were focused on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You get the 900k+ blacks and 2 mil+ Hispanics in Harris County to all vote, and the state turns quickly. Unfortunately, the Texas Democratic Party has little to no ground game or plan to drive turnout. 

And about 450k Asians, of which about 20% are South Asian, mostly Indian. 

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

She's gonna be asked what she thinks about Trump's comments and will spend time on that, while all of us are like, "OMG, did you see what Trump said?!" and turn it into a news story that reporters have to ask her about.  And about. And about.  It's a smoke bomb diversion to slow her down and regroup, or it's a smoke bomb diversion to get us focused on Trump's antics today and away from things we were focused on. 

I don't think this is gonna go how you think it's gonna go. 

She's going to say she thinks he's a racist piece of shit and come loaded with statistics about how he systemically hates black people and is a complete embarrassment 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, immamac said:

She's going to say she thinks he's a racist piece of shit and come loaded with statistics about how he systemically hates black people and is a complete embarrassment 

Maybe.  I'm pretty fucking stupid, except when I'm not.

She will address it on camera at some point and then continue to stay on message. For her campaign, it actually has to be a shot of confidence that he is already choking and pushing all his chips in on racism. Trump panicked. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

And her surrogates are going to say, "what a weirdo."  And they will be right.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I give it a week before a full R n-word gets dropped. this might be riling up some of the worst of the worst, but it's turning off WAY more

Speaking of Seb Gorka and vaginas, remember this?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

And her surrogates are going to say, "what a weirdo."  And they will be right.

Surrogates should be the only ones addressing the "not black" allegations, and immediately pivoting to Abortion and Project 2025.

"That's weird, stupid, and much less important than the national abortion plan JD Vance and the republicans want to pass, which is why Kamala Harris is the clear choice for president"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

31 minutes ago, WBT said:

He was definitely opening it, not tightening it as the tweet says.  He probably remembered halfway through that his staff told him to never drink like a raccoon on camera again.

giphy.webp

It looks like an outtake from Quest for Fire.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 2