2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Instead, Republicans just distance themselves from the disaster so that they can say later that others fucked it up and they would've run a better campaign.  The recriminations often begin well before Election Day--just remember back to 2008 and all of the strategists pointing fingers at one another over Palin and McCain's stupid idea of suspending his campaign when AIG failed.

I assume at some point this may go Dole 96 where Republicans outside of Trump/Vance only talk about downballot races. As if that will Work

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I give it a week before a full R n-word gets dropped. this might be riling up some of the worst of the worst, but it's turning off WAY more

Did he actually say this? The video quality gives AI vibes.

2 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

New birtherism just dropped

These people are so stupid, this 'logic' doesn't even make sense.  

Where exactly does Jesse think Jamaica is?  Is he really not aware the Jamaica is part of North America?  And that all of North, South, and Central America are part of... checks notes.... America? 

I mean for Christ's sake our country is literally named the United States of America as in the United States that happen to be located in the area of the world known as America... just because we shorten it to just America for expedience, doesn't mean we have exclusive rights to the name.  I lived in Peru and was corrected several times when I said I was from America... "they were like so are we".

• Hook 'Em 7

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

As a member of Gen-X, I'm really learning to hate me some Gen-X.  We're almost as shitty as the Boomers.  And I gotta tell ya, our generational slogan of "slightly less shitty than the Boomers" just isn't boosting my morale.

By the same token, only a really jacked Xer could be assed to answer any kind of poll question, telephonic, text, otherwise.

I really doubt that we poll accurately. @Js1?

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Trump's performance today is about one of two things.

1. Putting Kamala on defense of her racial credentials so she is no longer on the offensive against Trump and all his faults

2. Collecting all eyes on him and his performance to distract attention from something else

Dude.  When are y'all gonna stop attributing chess strategy to a dude who thinks checkers are funny-colored mints?

It wasn't about either of those things.  It was about what it is ALWAYS about: Trump's narcissist id and ego, and him saying what he wants because if he says it then it is true and good.  That's it.  He spews insane idiotic shit because he likes doing so.  That's all.

32 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

my-child-oh-my-child.gif

And this.  They cannot abandon their god-king, because he is, literally, all they have.  Peel the deeply loyal trumpists away, and theree's no party.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Surrogates should be the only ones addressing the "not black" allegations, and immediately pivoting to Abortion and Project 2025.
"That's weird, stupid, and much less important than the national abortion plan JD Vance and the republicans want to pass, which is why Kamala Harris is the clear choice for president"

Couldn’t disagree with this more. It doesn’t need to be the new focal point of her campaign or anything but this a gift that she, personally, should jump all over.

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

This sounds like something a black woman would say at the "State of the Black Union." I think she just might identify as black (also she fucking kills it with this explanation). And this was back in 2006:

I noticed an opinion piece about Harris's warm speaking style the other day in the LA Times and after watching the clip you posted, and noting the change in how Harris speaks, I went back and read it. The author studied speaking styles that show warmth versus those that show dominance and wrote about it in the context of Kamala Harris and Black women, in general. It's worth a read. The author is a Black woman scholar. 

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don’t know what’s funnier, the Amish dude on the cell phone, or the guy in the trump shirt in a security position in front of the stands nodding off the whole time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Surrogates should be the only ones addressing the "not black" allegations, and immediately pivoting to Abortion and Project 2025.

"That's weird, stupid, and much less important than the national abortion plan JD Vance and the republicans want to pass, which is why Kamala Harris is the clear choice for president"

Agreed. 

The Republicans want to defend Trump's statements for not being racist.  As Democrats, we see that argument, know it's horrible logic, are confident we can win the argument, and then engage.  The problem is America already knows Trump is racist.  They don't really have the attention span or interest in that argument.  Some of them bemoan "political correctness" over whether it is racist.  But "weird" isn't a logical argument.  It's just observation.  It's quick and clean, and pretty self-evident.  

And then surrogates can move on to pardoning J6 cop-beaters.  They can move on to pardons/immunity for the Deputy who murdered Sonya Massey.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Covri said:

I don’t know what’s funnier, the Amish dude on the cell phone, or the guy in the trump shirt in a security position in front of the stands nodding off the whole time.

Was just about to comment on Jebediah there.  If he wants to be the Amish version of the "Blacks for Trump" guy that was going to all of the Trump rallies back in 2020, he better get his shit straight and keep the technology off-camera from here on out ... and maybe bring a butter churn to the next rally.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Covri said:

guy in the trump shirt in a security position in front of the stands nodding off the whole time.

No wonder he got shot. He needs another one to move the narrative 

Just now, Js1 said:

No wonder he got shot. He needs another one to move the narrative 

That’s why it’s funny (not really fbi agent reading this) that he just had an attempt on his life and the dude closest to him is making the face I make when I’m hungover on a 9am teams call with cameras off.

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I assume at some point this may go Dole 96 where Republicans outside of Trump/Vance only talk about downballot races. As if that will Work

Dole 96 we took a field trip to a rally. Dole went into his speech and we started up a "Dole/Kemp!" chant. A couple minutes go by and the blue hairs in front of us are turning to gaze in approval. Then we changed to "Old Gimp!" 

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

As a member of Gen-X, I'm really learning to hate me some Gen-X.  We're almost as shitty as the Boomers.  And I gotta tell ya, our generational slogan of "slightly less shitty than the Boomers" just isn't boosting my morale.

Don’t worry little buddy us millennials (‘82 counts right?) are here to save y’all’s old asses

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I applaud Drumpf's interest in authenticity even though it will cost a ton of money to reprint every sign and tshirt in his true name.

you touched on something key. They’ll want to make her question her heritage or defend it, while they criticize it. 

her response should be “I’m proud of every aspect of my heritage. Your family changed their name from Drumpf to Trump because they weren’t proud of their name or heritage. So yeah, it’s impossible for me to even take your weak attacks and pathetic efforts to attack my heritage seriously.” 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

40 minutes ago, Js1 said:

trump is going to bleed the down ballot R’s dry 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

If you can produce a photo of a confederate flag or Nazi flag at a Trump rally that hasn’t been superimposed into the photo, I’ll eat my hat.

You are a fucking cunt.  tom cruise GIF

then go back to texags and dream about being as good as Texas, you fucking penis wrinkle. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Don’t worry little buddy us millennials (‘82 counts right?) are here to save y’all’s old asses

You’re a Xinnial with me. 78 - 90 or so. We can use a rotary phone and make a .pdf.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

In 2016 Trump's campaign seemed to be about the people and their problems. He made sense to his followers, who trusted him. While Hillary's slogan was "I'm with her," Trump was saying "I'm with you!"

In 2020 Trump injected a lot of fear into the campaign. How often did you hear "this is the most important election in your life"?

This campaign keeps the fear but it's really about Trump and his grievances. I agree that people are sick of his shit and want him to fuck off. When Kamala beats his ass in a few months, there will be dancing in the streets like it's 2020. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

I live in Ft Bend. It’s a pretty blue county - minus that scack of shit Nehls.

Yes, other than it’s elected official it’s totally blue. 

I kid, I know they gerrymandered all of the diversity out of the district. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I’m pretty sure she stays at the hotel across the street from my office (not being more specific to make sure Icono doesn’t do anything stupid). Cops have the streets around it all closed right now.

Boss?

Edited by Da Fino
  • Haha 1

There was a former GOP election advisor on MSNBC hosted by Michael Steele (guest makes sense) - and he said that he hasd been involved in a number of races where the candidate who was winning bigly ran into some kind of situation where it was clear they were no longer the front runner.

He said that it took an unusually emotionally mature and capable candidate to be able to weather that situation, and that most candidates stumble when things went bad.   He further said that Trump was incapable of handling the problems he was facing, as Trump blames black women for his losing in 2020 and that he is terrified of black women.

He more or less said that Trump was such an angry toddler and emotionally stunted man that anything other than lashing out for the rest of the campaign was going to be as we expect - no change despite being behind with Trump grievance dialed to 11 - with Donny insulting everybody who denies him his rightful place as dictator for life, with black women getting the worst disgusting insults that his limited vocabulary can come up with. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3