2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

25 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

They are definitely going to replace Vance with Candace Owens

My money is on Tulsi Gabbard. Shes pretty, ethnic, a former Democrat, and she has the full weight of the Russian Government's Treasury behind her!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

As bad as this was, Harris Faulkner spent probably half the time filibustering, or leading Trump into a filibustering answer. She bailed him out over and over and it was really fucking obvious. Fox needs to give her a raise, because she kept that from being much worse, but also just shot the little credibility she had left.

Everyone should see now that Harris Faulkner is a propagandist, not a journalist. Always has been, but this made it even more obvious. 

13 hours ago, naija said:

Feel bad for Rachel Scott though. The vile crap that is about to come her way...

That was one of the big goals Trump had coming in and the only one he succeeded at. He's been working his base for a bit that ABC isn't reliable and it hasn't gotten traction, because it's fucking stupid. This will give it some traction, even though it's even stupider now.

If anything, she was easy on him. Them's fighting words and she had every right to slap the shit out of him, ex-President or no. Very professional of her to not react to his provocations. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Covri said:

I don’t know what’s funnier, the Amish dude on the cell phone, or the guy in the trump shirt in a security position in front of the stands nodding off the whole time.

image.png.49589d76df76c3d5ac23688774a01b9e.png 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Sounds like Shapiro is the pick given his popularity in PA. Win there and there are so many paths to victory. Lose and the odds narrow considerably.

Clearly its time to return to Four Seasons Total Landscaping for a nice little stump speech in industrial Philadelphia. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Partisan R pollster (throw on the pile)

PA: Harris 48, Trump 45

WI: Harris 48, Trump 46

AZ: Trump 48, Harris 43

NV: Trump 46, Harris 45

MI: Harris 45, Trump 45

• Hook 'Em 2

This morning's GOP gossip, courtesy of Politico playbook:

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2024/08/01/so-much-for-the-new-trump-00172219?nname=playbook&nid=0000014f-1646-d88f-a1cf-5f46b7bd0000&nrid=0000014e-f0fd-dd93-ad7f-f8fde5bf0000&nlid=630318

While our heads were still spinning from that session, Trump doubled and even tripled down on baselessly questioning Harris’ biracial background.

Taking to Truth Social, he wrote that “Crazy Kamala is saying she’s Indian, not Black. This is a big deal. Stone cold phony.” 

And at his Harrisburg, Pa., rally last night, a Business Insider headline from 2016 was projected above the stage: “California’s Kamala Harris becomes first Indian-American US senator.” (Well, duh. As Semafor’s Dave Weigel noted, “news outlets don’t do ‘historic second’ stories, they do ‘historic first’ stories, so you can find heds and ledes that ignore her black heritage.”)

The one-two punch signaled very quickly that Trump’s NABJ comments weren’t a onetime off-the-cuff screed, but an intentional line of attack that Trump thought out in advance and plans to use on the trail.

Trump world’s thinking is they can paint Harris as a “phony” who flip-flops or says whatever is politically advantageous in a given moment. (It’s also just the latest iteration of his long history of trying to smear his critics and opponents as grifters and panderers.)

Indeed, you saw some semblance of this plan in Vance’s remarks last night, when he attacked Harris for having a “chameleon-like nature” and accused the VP of trying to adopt a southern accent during her Georgia rally when she spent part of her childhood in Canada.

“She is not who she pretends to be,” Vance told reporters at his rally in Phoenix. “She’ll say one thing to one audience, another thing to another audience. … She’s flip-flopped on every issue. She’s fake, she’s phony.”

But Vance’s execution of this strategy is far different from what Trump did. Just ask Hill Republicans, who are privately freaking out over Trump’s latest broadsides.

We spent last night working the phones calling Republicans to find out what the hell happened to attacking Harris as the “border czar” who wants to end private health insurance, decriminalize border crossing and the like. And we can tell you this morning that virtually every Republican we spoke with was flat-out distraught by what they perceive as a self-inflicted wound not only for Trump, but for Republicans down the ballot.

Spoiler

We’re not just talking about moderate Republicans like former Maryland Gov.-turned-Senate hopeful LARRY HOGAN — who blasted Trump’s statement as “unacceptable and abhorrent” — or Alaska Sen. LISA MURKOWSKI, who called the comments “very unfortunate.”

Just take a look at some of the on the record remarks from the Hill yesterday, courtesy of HuffPo’s Igor Bobic and Axios’ Andrew Solender, Stef W. Kight, and Juliegrace Brufke:

NRSC Chairman STEVE DAINES (R-Mont.): “I think the better approach is to focus on their policies of Kamala Harris ... that’s what I’ve been talking about.”

Sen. TOMMY TUBERVILLE (R-Ala.): “I ain’t getting involved in that. Let him talk about what he wants to talk about. I’m talking about how bad our country is in shape right now because of her.”

Sen. JOSH HAWLEY (R-Mo.): “It’s not a great idea for either of the parties to be playing racial identity politics, whether it’s ‘white dudes for Kamala’ or whatever this is. … We should spend less time talking about race and more time talking about how we’re going to get people to work.”

And that’s just what they’re saying in public.

The GOP backlash suggests that Trump appears to have botched the “reset” that Republicans were hoping he’d implement this week, as our colleagues Natalie Allison and Alex Isenstadt write this morning. Indeed, the entire line of attack reeks of a desperation that Trump world has been doing a pretty damn good job hiding during Harris’ honeymoon these past few weeks.

And yet there are signs that GOP confidence in Trump is now slipping. The Trump camp is launching new ads today in North Carolina, a state that has only once voted for a Democratic presidential candidate once in the past 40 years.

Republicans are hoping to refocus Trump in the coming days. But they also know that’s not an easy task. On some level, this is who Trump is: He’s always had a penchant for prioritizing schoolyard taunts and divisive rhetoric over substantial policy talk.

As longtime MITCH McCONNELL advisor SCOTT JENNINGS put it succinctly on CNN last night: “Trump did crap the bed today. The only question is if he’s going to roll around in it or change the sheets.”

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

the entire line of attack reeks of a desperation that Trump world has been doing a pretty damn good job hiding during Harris’ honeymoon these past few weeks.

Wat? Their desperation has been obvious since 2 minutes after Biden bowed out 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

This morning's GOP gossip, courtesy of Politico playbook:

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2024/08/01/so-much-for-the-new-trump-00172219?nname=playbook&nid=0000014f-1646-d88f-a1cf-5f46b7bd0000&nrid=0000014e-f0fd-dd93-ad7f-f8fde5bf0000&nlid=630318

Hide contents

We’re not just talking about moderate Republicans like former Maryland Gov.-turned-Senate hopeful LARRY HOGAN — who blasted Trump’s statement as “unacceptable and abhorrent” — or Alaska Sen. LISA MURKOWSKI, who called the comments “very unfortunate.”

Just take a look at some of the on the record remarks from the Hill yesterday, courtesy of HuffPo’s Igor Bobic and Axios’ Andrew Solender, Stef W. Kight, and Juliegrace Brufke:

NRSC Chairman STEVE DAINES (R-Mont.): “I think the better approach is to focus on their policies of Kamala Harris ... that’s what I’ve been talking about.”

Sen. TOMMY TUBERVILLE (R-Ala.): “I ain’t getting involved in that. Let him talk about what he wants to talk about. I’m talking about how bad our country is in shape right now because of her.”

Sen. JOSH HAWLEY (R-Mo.): “It’s not a great idea for either of the parties to be playing racial identity politics, whether it’s ‘white dudes for Kamala’ or whatever this is. … We should spend less time talking about race and more time talking about how we’re going to get people to work.”

And that’s just what they’re saying in public.

The GOP backlash suggests that Trump appears to have botched the “reset” that Republicans were hoping he’d implement this week, as our colleagues Natalie Allison and Alex Isenstadt write this morning. Indeed, the entire line of attack reeks of a desperation that Trump world has been doing a pretty damn good job hiding during Harris’ honeymoon these past few weeks.

And yet there are signs that GOP confidence in Trump is now slipping. The Trump camp is launching new ads today in North Carolina, a state that has only once voted for a Democratic presidential candidate once in the past 40 years.

Republicans are hoping to refocus Trump in the coming days. But they also know that’s not an easy task. On some level, this is who Trump is: He’s always had a penchant for prioritizing schoolyard taunts and divisive rhetoric over substantial policy talk.

As longtime MITCH McCONNELL advisor SCOTT JENNINGS put it succinctly on CNN last night: “Trump did crap the bed today. The only question is if he’s going to roll around in it or change the sheets.”

The answer, of course, is roll around in it.  It's who he is.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

When he cuts a deal with whoever replaces him that he'll be granted immunity if said replacement wins. 

My husband and I were talking about this the other day. Obviously the only reason he wants to be POTUS again is to avoid prosecution and jail time. But all he had to do was prop up Haley, support her, and make sure she pardons him and/or makes his federal cases go bye bye. And I think Haley would probably win (this is before Kamala entered the race). He could have just played kingmaker of the GQP while gorging himself on Big Macs all day at mar a lago. But no, his narcissism won’t let someone else win and have the spotlight 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

If AZ goes trump gallego I’ll eat my hat (metaphorically)

Didn’t all the state guys who said the 2020 election wasn’t stolen all lose the other night?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Didn’t all the state guys who said the 2020 election wasn’t stolen all lose the other night?

They primaried the one guy in Maricopa County who fought against the bullshit brigade in the elections division. I caught a blurb about it on NPR. I'll see if I can find it but it wasn't great that he lost his position next year. He at least serves out his term through the end of this year. 

21 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Putin reading the polls.

IMG_6818.png

WHAT? Trump assured us only HE could get this guy released because Putin was a friend from work. 

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Anyone who uses the term EBITDA is part of the problem and should be tarred and feathered.  At best.

BB1qHSDl.img?w=768&h=432&m=6

Is there where I post a ‘come and get it meme’, with some guns I don’t own?  Sorry, not gonna apologize for what I’ve earned.  Started with pink girls shoes being pushed in the dirt as the only colored kid in pretty much every class.  So, kindly fuck off. 

Also, damn I’d be a cool fucking bastard with pink shoes today…

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

They primaried the one guy in Maricopa County who fought against the bullshit brigade in the elections division. I caught a blurb about it on NPR. I'll see if I can find it but it wasn't great that he lost his position next year. He at least serves out his term through the end of this year. 

Yes, the Maricopa Recorder lost his primary.  Prime opportunity for the Dem to win, since it is Maricopa. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Is there where I post a ‘come and get it meme’, with some guns I don’t own?  Sorry, not gonna apologize for what I’ve earned.  Started with pink girls shoes being pushed in the dirt as the only colored kid in pretty much every class.  So, kindly fuck off. 

It's moreso that EBITDA gets used and abused by the executive class to present a misleading view of their firms finances. It's excessively short term focused and is a systemic contributor to our unsustainable business practices. 

If you want to enshittify a good business, you're gonna shift from reporting GAAP numbers to EBITDA. Otherwise people will get wise to the shell game

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's moreso that EBITDA gets used and abused by the executive class to present a misleading view of their firms finances. It's excessively short term focused and is a systemic contributor to our unsustainable business practices. 

If you want to enshittify a good business, you're gonna shift from reporting GAAP numbers to EBITDA. Otherwise people will get wise to the shell game

Ah. Well to be clear this is a real trailing 12 number and not BS pro forma ebitda.  But, I get it, fair enough…

edit: and that’s what shit trades with in our industry. So that term lives on - Sadly.  

Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 3.56.46 PM.png

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Stupid Loomer does not know that 1/16 colored is in fact colored in the great State of Alabama

fify

15 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Birtherism 2.0. Because of course. 

15 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Almost makes you miss the relatively higher quality trolling of tcufan and that guy chrisley or something with the annoying buck teeth avatar

I prefer the "Negrep Champ" from Shaggy days  immortal mofo with a Joffrey Baratheon avatar

12 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

The Republicans don't want Kamala to be able to identify as Black.  They don't want her to be able to identify as Indian.  They don't want her to be able to identify as either.

But they are getting something they want... 

We are talking about Kamala and not Trump's

• 34 Felony convictions
  • Pending Criminal trials
  • Epstein file release that had Trump's name all over it
  • Civil damage awards (pending appeal)
  • VP candidate who lied about his back ground, changed his name 3 times and fucks couches
  • overwhelming weirdness
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

1) EBITDA is a useful metric for understanding the fundamental profitability of the operating businesses or LOB in isolation from the financial structure of the company. Like many other metrics, it’s useful in analysis to the degree that it’s a focused view on something, ie - diagnostic device and not the big picture. 
2) I don’t think any serious people confuse EBITDA with net income in 2024 when reading income statements and company financials. 
3) Why is this being discussed here?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

1) EBITDA is a useful metric for understanding the fundamental profitability of the operating businesses or LOB in isolation from the financial structure of the company. Like many other metrics, it’s useful in analysis to the degree that it’s a focused view on something, ie - diagnostic device and not the big picture. 
2) I don’t think any serious people confuse EBITDA with net income in 2024 when reading income statements and company financials. 
3) Why is this being discussed here?

Because Joe Rogan is a fucktard. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Come at me Sooner.

edaE1rrUgLO9j0H8xsvfR6j5LGSgh3HvPN5NQpil

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

So you can quickly cancel voter registrations online with a few bits of information?

...oh how convenient:

image.thumb.png.9bdfd898496fb76ef656ca007ed4eeca.png

God dammit, I literally set up my first HSA in March with them.  Come the fuck on.  Oh well, my credit is frozen and I already have two different credit and ID monitoring programs going from previous data breaches.  Bang up job we are doing.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Partisan R pollster (throw on the pile)

PA: Harris 48, Trump 45

WI: Harris 48, Trump 46

AZ: Trump 48, Harris 43

NV: Trump 46, Harris 45

MI: Harris 45, Trump 45

Dumb question: is there a link to this anywhere?