2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

"Ha ha ha ha! Kamala says she's Indian, but she's really black!"

"She's both."

"Ha ha ha ah! Kamala says she's black, but she's really Indian!"

"She's both." 

"Owned libs!"

I seriously can't believe that this is the strategy they have devised. It would seem to a neutral observer that they are trying to lose by as much as possible.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Constant said:

Still getting a solid chuckle out of donnie diapers telling a room full of black people that he’s the best president for them since Abraham Lincoln. 

"perhaps, some would say, better"

swirling abraham lincoln GIF

1 minute ago, Constant said:

Still getting a solid chuckle out of donnie diapers telling a room full of black people that he’s the best president for them since Abraham Lincoln. 

Lots of people would say I'm better than Honest Abe was to black people. Honest Abe. You know who's not honest? Lying Kamala. She's not even honest about being black. She's trying to take your black job. /Guy who totally earned everything in his life due to merit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

The only guy I ever knew who changed his name was dodging child support.  Just sayin'

There could be good reasons why Vance changed his name in adulthood. Perhaps the stepdad was a POS and Vance saw it as an opportunity to get away from that history. I might want to get away from being named after a bad guy.

What's keeping us in learning more about Vance is the very fact that he's not giving anyone the opportunity to get to know him. He doesn't seem to do any interviews where he's asked questions about himself, his family or his life. He just gets behind a podium, acts awkward and goes home. And this guy might soon be one McDonalds hamburger away from the Oval Office.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

The last 24 hours has just reminded me of how divisive Obama was.

It still amazes me that the entire shitfest we're in right now is due to aggrieved white people's oversized reaction to a black man being president and daring to give them universal health care. I've wondered before if after 2016, did Obama just go to a room and sit there for a few days wondering, why was he the response to me being your president? It's why I will never want people to ask Michelle to run for office. She saw first hand what that means and she does not seem to want that nor should she. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I seriously can't believe that this is the strategy they have devised. It would seem to a neutral observer that they are trying to lose by as much as possible.

Meanwhile JD Vance finds the whole thing "absolutely hilarious"

Whether it's Walz, Beshear, Shapiro - I hope they ask him at the debate "how do you look your kids in the eye and explain to them what it means to be mixed race and that it is something to be proud of in this country, when you mock a biracial woman for being black and Indian?" 

• Hook 'Em 7

20 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Lots of people would say I'm better than Honest Abe was to black people. Honest Abe. You know who's not honest? Lying Kamala. She's not even honest about being black. She's trying to take your black job. /Guy who totally earned everything in his life due to merit

If we connect the dots, apparently most of the evil horde spilling across our southern border consists of Central and South American journalists.

• Haha 8

22 minutes ago, locodos said:

guess-theres-no-one-who-is-black-enough-

MAGA: Oh yeah!? Yellowman!!!  He's yellow like cheese.  Checkmate!

Mister Yellowman

j/k - No way MAGA is cool enough to know about Yellowman.

Edited by texasdago
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

just doing everything they can to lose this shit on an epic level, aren't they? keep it up, boys!

Gaining vote share isn’t one of their goals.  I don’t know how this necessarily helps with the grifting of the conservative Christians, but that seems to be the general bent. You give us all your money, we snake into power via courts and the limited power we currently have, and we promise to pass the fundy laws you want. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Aaaand here come Elon and the culture warriors to try to kick up a distraction for their boy ...

chapelle-show.gif

Wait, I thought these silly cunts were boycotting the Olympics?

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, texasdago said:

MAGA: Oh yeah!? Yellowman!!!  He's yellow like cheese.  Checkmate!

Mister Yellowman

j/k - No way MAGA is cool enough to know about Yellowman.

CSB: Saw Yellowman at Sunsplash in '82? ... he was not great (by comparison)

Spoiler

Highlights...  Sometimes I love youtube and the random shit on there

Young (13yr old) Loco is somewhere in that crowd learning some life lessons and probably contracting Dengue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

It's moreso that EBITDA gets used and abused by the executive class to present a misleading view of their firms finances. It's excessively short term focused and is a systemic contributor to our unsustainable business practices. 

If you want to enshittify a good business, you're gonna shift from reporting GAAP numbers to EBITDA. Otherwise people will get wise to the shell game

EBITDA = everything before the bad stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Don’t cherry pick a quote out of context. You change the meaning when you omit “and hold them hostage.” We don’t do that. We don’t arrest Russian journalists and charge them with phony crimes in order to use them as bargaining chips in prisoner swaps. Come on, man.

Yeah, we arrested a lot of innocent Afghans and Iraqis during those wars on flimsy evidence or baseless accusations made by locals against their rivals seeking retribution or reward money. Some of those innocent “detainees” wound up getting tortured at black sites or Gitmo and were eventually released without charge. That’s a dark chapter in our history and George W. Bush et al. should’ve been charged with war crimes. But at least their goal was to catch bad guys. They just didn’t care if innocent people got swept up and hurt in the process. 

The point still stands that we don’t do shit like Putin does.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chips O'Toole said:

I don't think "weird" was the endgame for that messaging, I expect it to shift to "strange" or "off-putting" and eventually end up at "backwards" to sync with the overall message.  Or that's what I think they should do. 

The biracial stuff is only going to land with their hardened base, yet again. For like the 5000th time, it appears that winning this election in a legitimate manner was never really plan A for these people, and all they believe is necessary to regain power is to keep their base angry and loyal. I'm not a concern troll or conspiracy person at all, I'm just having a hard time connecting the dots and not seeing an overall plan that wasn't intended to end in blatant election fuckery at the very least. 

Consider that maybe the campaign did have a plan to actually win and Trump just isn't capable of executing it against a candidate that does not have the limitations of Joe Biden. The tables have basically turned. Harris is running the campaign we all wanted Biden to run, and I think Biden wanted to run but couldn't.

33 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Aaaand here come Elon and the culture warriors to try to kick up a distraction for their boy ...

chapelle-show.gif

Even dismissing the obvious bigotry...

Who cares? Why is what division a trans athlete competes in a remote concern of the President of the United States. If things are so good that that'd even on the radar you should obviously be voting for Harris to continue to continue the absolutely remarkable prosperity brought by the Biden administration to make that true.

It's just so stupid. Elon Musk loves Donald Trump as a fellow mush-brained moron born into the modern feudal nobility. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

All of them acting in service of Donald Drumpf.  The draft-dodging grandson of a draft-dodging German.  Perfection.

He was also a brothel owner, but that might be perceived as a positive here.

Bavaria actually deported him for being a draft dodger after he took his prostitution money back to Germany.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I also think this is a very real possibility.  He doesn't want to campaign, doesn't want to run the risk of losing again, and he doesn't even want the job. He just wants to avoid prison. 

Never, ever, ever happen.  He knows winning in November is the only thing keeping him from going to prison and he's terrified of prison.

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Don’t cherry pick a quote out of context. You change the meaning when you omit “and hold them hostage.” We don’t do that. We don’t arrest Russian journalists and charge them with phony crimes in order to use them as bargaining chips in prisoner swaps. Come on, man.

Wow, calm down.  You take things so fucking personal.  It was just snark.

Calm Down Real Housewives GIF

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Zonahorn said:

It’s pretty clear he still has childhood trauma from his mom. He’s trying to purge that trauma through these interviews and by calling people without children sociopaths and psychotic. You won’t fix your childhood trauma by becoming the vice-president. You don’t need politics, my dude—you need a fucking therapist. 

• Hook 'Em 9

2 hours ago, Chips O'Toole said:

I don't think "weird" was the endgame for that messaging, I expect it to shift to "strange" or "off-putting" and eventually end up at "backwards" to sync with the overall message.  Or that's what I think they should do. 

The biracial stuff is only going to land with their hardened base, yet again. For like the 5000th time, it appears that winning this election in a legitimate manner was never really plan A for these people, and all they believe is necessary to regain power is to keep their base angry and loyal. I'm not a concern troll or conspiracy person at all, I'm just having a hard time connecting the dots and not seeing an overall plan that wasn't intended to end in blatant election fuckery at the very least. 

Weird.  Creepy.  Cringe.

That's the progression.