2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, the job I turned down was at Los Alamos lol.  I was like, no that isn't fair, I'm not doing research on weapons and shit.  Weed is legal there! 

There was a pretty high-up guy in our entourage who is gay.  Kinda open, kinda closeted if that makes sense.  He's just in that age bracket where he feels he can't quite be one or the other, depending on the audience (50-55yo).  Did a lot with UT System on projects with Dept. of Energy, Dept. of Education, and Dept. of Defense.  So we're having drinks and we've completed our higher-level FBI backgrounds but they'll still be asking us shit tomorrow (like about drugs), and he brought up a good point.  We were talking about old spy movies where the bad guys would try to steal our nuclear or weapons secrets by finding a closeted gay guy to squeeze for intel under threat of outing him to his superiors.  And how that was a really serious avenue for both sides for decades.  And now, it doesn't even come up.  He said, he was once in D.C. and to clear the air he told the interviewer, "Just to be up front, I'm also homosexual."  Guy laughed and said, "There's 40 people in your group...it'd be weird if you didn't have a gay person on your team.  Then we'd think you were really hiding something."

23 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I figure they'll be coming for it eventually, which really fucking sucks. What do you mean "it died in committee last session?" An attempt to amend it died in committee, or something else? What are the odds it gets killed totally? There's this little indian restaurant right next to the headshop I was talking about, and they said that delta-8 loophole has basically been their lifeline haha. People go and buy their weed at the dispensary then swing in next door and load up on indian food to pig out. Closing that loophole would affects multiple businesses, I thought Texas was supposed to be "pro-business"?

I think it depends on how much vouchers and other top priority fuckery eat up the session. That's what saved it last time, and I don't really see them calling a special just to amend the weed bill. Patrick and Abbott are really the only ones that have a hard on to kill it. Hell, the house has passed a few legalization bills that died in the Senate because Patrick won't even bring it to the floor. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Gap03 said:

Aaaand here come Elon and the culture warriors to try to kick up a distraction for their boy ...

chapelle-show.gif

Given Elon's involvement in this tweet, I can only assume that the boxer is a transgender woman. The Right's preoccupation with transgender participation women's sports is interesting because they proudly proclaim that they've never watched any women's sports.

It's also very lame that he wants to play the game that they're going to create scenarios or rumors they proclaim true unless Kamala immediately focuses her campaign on their question.

7 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I appreciate the update. Despite my username, I haven't regularly smoked weed since college, so I don't keep up much with what's going on. I hope we see a fully legal Texas here soon enough, it's absolutely stupid I can go in any direction for just a few hours and find legal weed. My mom has cancer and it's fucking up her stomach and her doctor has told her multiple times she wishes she could prescribe some gummies to help her eat but, well, Texas.

I would think end to federal prohibition would do a lot to swing voters in all the remaining prohibition states. I know a lot of Texans whose entire hang up about weed being that it's not worth the legal trouble you can get into for having it, myself included. If weed were fully legal, I'd be on board instantly.

I am a heavy user to begin with but the chill with a bowl in the evening instead of a glass of scotch type. Never enjoyed the wake and bake thing but there have been many times during chemotherapy that I smoke at 7:30 am to settle my stomach. I have 3 types of anti-nausea meds and weed works better than all combined. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Given Elon's involvement in this tweet, I can only assume that the boxer is a transgender woman. The Right's preoccupation with transgender participation women's sports is interesting because they proudly proclaim that they've never watched any women's sports.

It's also very lame that he wants to play the game that they're going to create scenarios or rumors they proclaim true unless Kamala immediately focuses her campaign on their question.

I've seen several tweets that it's a biological woman representing a country where transitioning is illegal. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Transexuals are ruining sports! Some commit crimes! Kamala Harris approves of this just because we say so! Make her deny it!

Having been a prosecutor, my disposition towards crimes committed by anyone is clear. As for transexual athletes, perhaps rules need to be adopted. That's complicated.

I will tell you that there are few things more despicable and low than picking out a group of people for your followers to hate just to drum up votes. I don't think there is ever a good reason for such shameless bullying. Ask Mr. Elon Musk or Donald Trump to deny that this is a hateful strategy that is bad for this country. We're not going back to that.

My man.

These successful negotiations serve only to underscore the importance of global alliances with other democracies. Trump could not have achieved this in a hundred years.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ironically,  she isn’t. She is literally a woman, born and lived as a woman her whole life, who has been competing in women’s boxing for years, including the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Algeria isn’t super trans friendly, go figure. 
What happened was that the IBA (in the process of falling apart under Russian leadership and banned from the Olympics as the governing body due to corruption) tested the boxer in 2023  (the manner and results of the test are not disclosed) and disqualified her for high testosterone.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Not to derail the thread, but she’s not even transgender! She’s a biological woman. The “there’s only two genders!” folks are now saying that someone born with a vagina and has never identified as anything else is a man. It’s insanity.

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

The best thing that ever happened was that the Dems won Gov and Sec of State in key states.

I hope this happens but it's a complete blowout not even close in the swing states. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not to derail the thread, but she’s not even transgender! She’s a biological woman. The “there’s only two genders!” folks are now saying that someone born with a vagina and has never identified as anything else is a man. It’s insanity.

This behavior is the natural endpoint of TERFism.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I hope this happens but it's a complete blowout not even close in the swing states. 

I could be wrong but GA might be the only swing state with an R gov and an R Sec State and the two of them are the exact same people who told Trump to get bent last time around.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The best thing that ever happened was that the Dems won Gov and Sec of State in key states.

PA still has a red SOS, I think. I have no clue how their state's SOS works with the governor's office, so who knows. But that is a big one. 

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

I could be wrong but GA might be the only swing state with an R gov and an R Sec State and the two of them are the exact same people who told Trump to get bent last time around.

Raffensperger is a badass. For a Republican. 

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Lol. Then they just blame how it's not even close as proof that there was election fraud. Also, your optimism on this ranks up there with some of your bad football takes. 

7 minutes ago, seven said:

I've seen several tweets that it's a biological woman representing a country where transitioning is illegal. 

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Ironically,  she isn’t. She is literally a woman, born and lived as a woman her whole life, who has been competing in women’s boxing for years, including the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Algeria isn’t super trans friendly, go figure. 
What happened was that the IBA (in the process of falling apart under Russian leadership and banned from the Olympics as the governing body due to corruption) tested the boxer in 2023  (the manner and results of the test are not disclosed) and disqualified her for high testosterone.

From the video, I couldn't tell if she is or isn't transgender. I don't have that radar like many on the right.

And big surprise, many athletes have naturally (and some unnatural) high testosterone which makes them better athletes. This can give them higher muscle mass and some women can look less traditionally feminine. Of course the last part is in the eye of the beholder. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

election-2024-a-warning-call-to-action-v

Trump and Project 2025 already have the wheels in motion to fight any loss. Their core strategy is to declare victory as quickly as possible. I also imagine that they are in negotiations with Fox News to ensure that Fox News is aligned with this strategy as well. They're not going to allow Fox to repeat the 2020 AZ call.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump and Project 2025 already have the wheels in motion to fight any loss. Their core strategy is to declare victory as quickly as possible. I also imagine that they are in negotiations with Fox News to ensure that Fox News is aligned with this strategy as well. They're not going to allow Fox to repeat the 2020 AZ call.

I’ll predict FoxNews won’t call any swing state for Harris 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

PA still has a red SOS, I think. I have no clue how their state's SOS works with the governor's office, so who knows. But that is a big one. 

Supreme Court of PA is 5-2 Dem 

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’ll predict FoxNews won’t call any swing state for Harris 

IDK. I think Fox News is still terrified of the $TEXAS dominion court ruling, I think they'll steer clear of anything that could be considered election fuckery. Newsmax, definitely, but fox is still all about money.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Fox News called Arizona for Biden waaaaaay too early in 2020, remember? They're not going to play these silly Trump games. 

Yeah they weren’t scared to call it in 2020 with Trump the sitting POTUS. Why would they give a shit what private citizen Trump is gonna do? What’s he gonna do - throw a bitch fit, make a mess of his Big Mac and shit himself?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Remember this sage advice. Doubling, tripling or quadrupling down on an idiotic viewpoint only works if you are saying it to people who are too idiotic to realize it. 

It'll work with the 45% who never abandon him, but I'm starting to hope that the weaker and weaker he looks, some of them will see it unavoidably and finally just decide he's not worth the effort and just fucking stay home. If the margin is big enough they aren't going to risk jail like Jan 6 anymore and will just go back to crying about Blacks and Mexicans at the shitty redneck bar where they all convene.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Maricopa just primaried the GOP election official that kept the count clean.  Now they're* getting a Democrat* in that office. 

FIFY

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Put it in an ad alongside Kamala saying she will sign that bill as POTUS

I get the political impetus, but that bill is shit policy and I hope it never sees the light of day again. As far as I'm concerned, Trump killing it from afar was the perfect ending. Democrats get to say "See, we can be shitty too! Trump just stopped us!" without actually doing it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

FIFY

I get the political impetus, but that bill is shit policy and I hope it never sees the light of day again. As far as I'm concerned, Trump killing it from afar was the perfect ending. Democrats get to say "See, we can be shitty too! Trump just stopped us!" without actually doing it.

That bill is a giant fuck you to a huge portion of the Democratic party's base. People aligned with immigrant rights groups who have knocked on doors, phone banked, and organized. It's one thing for Biden to call Trump's bluff, but it's another thing entirely for Harris now to make it a campaign promise.

• Fuck You 2

20 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Fox News called Arizona for Biden waaaaaay too early in 2020, remember? They're not going to play these silly Trump games. 

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah they weren’t scared to call it in 2020 with Trump the sitting POTUS. Why would they give a shit what private citizen Trump is gonna do? What’s he gonna do - throw a bitch fit, make a mess of his Big Mac and shit himself?

I could be pulling it out of my ass, but pretty sure the highly respected elections chief at Fox News no longer works at Fox News. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, chainsaw said:

That bill is a giant fuck you to a huge portion of the Democratic party's base. People aligned with immigrant rights groups who have knocked on doors, phone banked, and organized. It's one thing for Biden to call Trump's bluff, but it's another thing entirely for Harris now to make it a campaign promise.

Here we go again:

8SSZo4yBy4tttO6s9qcu853NstuP7vOOiwIHkR1P

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Maricopa just primaried the GOP election official that kept the count clean.  Now there getting a Trumpkin in that office. 

Does that even matter for this election yr?

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

Maybe every so often we need to post a reminder that Kamala is running for President of the United States - and not President of Left-wing Immigration Sanctuary Proponents, Inc.

What's the point? Motherfucker seems oblivious to two critical things:

1.) Everyone isn't him
2.) Learning

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

That bill will never see the light of day again which is why many in the GOP are openly pissed about Trump killing it. It was the best they were going to get and he fucked them.

I tend to agree with this. Kamala Harris can freely say she will sign it because it will never come up again. Democrats in Congress won't put it in front of her, and if she wins Democrats very likely control at least the House and maybe even hold the Senate by the skin of their teeth. Even in the world where we end up with Republicans flipping the Senate and holding the House, but Harris is President (this has to be like 2% probability), it isn't going to get 60 votes in the Senate.

• Hook 'Em 2