2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Is it weird to eat your fries without ketchup? Asking for a friend.

I went to high school with a guy who later became a C-list actor, with such memorable appearances on True Blood and Desperate Housewives, who was a senior when I was a freshman and allowed me to tag along with him to off-campus lunch fairly often.  Since we only had 50 minutes to eat, and McDonalds was about a 15 minute drive each way, that gave us roughly 15 minutes to scarf down lunch.  He taught me how to annihilate the McD's fries without ketchup (this was pre-ketchup boat times, so fuck the squeeze packets) and then kill the double quarter pounder w/ cheese right afterwards.  That's it.  That's my story.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Even if we were to believe that what he did was out of loyalty to a friend you have an even bigger single interest group (women) out for blood. I do agree that we need to set rules on the future so our candidates don't have to be perfect but good luck with that, we need to win in November, then worry about that shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I went to high school with a guy who later became a C-list actor, with such memorable appearances on True Blood and Desperate Housewives, who was a senior when I was a freshman and allowed me to tag along with him to off-campus lunch fairly often.  Since we only had 50 minutes to eat, and McDonalds was about a 15 minute drive each way, that gave us roughly 15 minutes to scarf down lunch.  He taught me how to annihilate the McD's fries without ketchup (this was pre-ketchup boat times, so fuck the squeeze packets) and then kill the double quarter pounder w/ cheese right afterwards.  That's it.  That's my story.

ha gay GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I would prefer a candidate for VP that people can rally around that won't instantly piss off the purity testing left. Walz or Beshear fit the bill. Shapiro's state is the only thing I like from him. He has the most possible negatives. Walz and Beshear's only negatives are they don't have enough name recognition and their states aren't that key to winning. That said, I think both could greatly help with reaching out to the middle in the Rust Belt. Walz is a midwest guy, hell he's the stereotype. Beshear can get you red state people. I also think Beshear gives you something that is a perfect antidote for white people who might be leery about voting for a black woman. He is representation. He's a young, white male. He has the perfect suburban looking family. People can see themselves in a guy like him. Yes, that's an appeal to a form of racial bias but I think he and his family would play really well with that demo. I think Walz could charm anyone over to his side with his Minnesota attitude. He feels like the living embodiment of Tommy Callahan Sr from Tommy Boy. 

My preference would be Walz>Beshear>>>>>>>>Shapiro. 

With that said, if Kamala and her team pick Shapiro then let's just fucking go. Winning is all that matters now. 

I don't give a fuck if she picks Switzer.  I'm 100% in.

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Man, I'm not gonna lie, I don't eat McD's much anymore, but I always eat the fries without ketchup. In fact, I think ketchup is a D-tier condiment at best. I'll see myself out.

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I was friends in high school with the guy who played Todd the waiter in Office Space. He had been a child actor, and unfortunately his biggest adult role was so iconic that it made him Todd, forever. Also his name is actually Todd. He did some voice work but otherwise unable to find roles years later he waited tables at Bennigans to make ends meet.
Acting is a tough business. He's a location scout now. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I was friends in high school with the guy who played Todd the waiter in Office Space. He had been a child actor, and unfortunately his biggest adult role was so iconic that it made him Todd, forever. Also his name is actually Todd. He did some voice work but otherwise unable to find roles years later he waited tables at Bennigans to make ends meet.

I see your Todd, and raise you "The Todd"

https://www.maschiorealestate.com/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

In high school my friend thought it was a good idea to smash a folded over ketchup packet, spraying a jet on my shirt. This was so hilarious in his head he was paralyzed in an asphyxiating open mouth laugh, allowing me to fling a pickle slice in retaliation which stuck perfectly on one of the lens of his glasses. Pickle-ass pirate motherfucker...

This is the kinda hard-hitting, human interest investigative journalism that has kept me a satisfied Shaggy/Surly customer for over a decade

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Can someone please explain to me why the fuck everyone is posting yarns? They don't work half the time. 

They appear to work.  Sorry if I started a fight and ruined your Black Pantha' party.

Someone said earlier that Shapiro shut down legal pro-Palestinian protests, called the protestors racist, and compared them to KKK? Any hyperbole there? because that would be insanely problematic. Sorry for coming in late. I'm not hardcore pro-Palestine but ugh... would NOT want that baggage. Taking as someone who'll vote for the ticket no matter what.... just want to win. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Is it weird to eat your fries without ketchup? Asking for a friend.

Ketchup sucks.  Perfectly good tomatoes and vinegar ruined with a boatload of sugar/corn syrup

Edited by WBT

5 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Someone said earlier that Shapiro shut down legal pro-Palestinian protests, called the protestors racist, and compared them to KKK? Any hyperbole there? because that would be insanely problematic. Sorry for coming in late. I'm not hardcore pro-Palestine but ugh... would NOT want that baggage. Taking as someone who'll vote for the ticket no matter what.... just want to win. 

Agreed. Between his shitty takes on Palestinian protestors and enabling sexual harassment he needs to be out. Beshear is the guy 

3 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Ask PRONG HORN…pretty confident he can give you a fact-supported, well researched and, most importantly, balanced position on Shapiro’s history in regards to this matter 

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Ask PRONG HORN…pretty confident he can give you a fact-supported, well researched and, most importantly, balanced position on Shapiro’s history in regards to this matter 

He'll provide the best, most succinct summary that catturd, Ian Miles Cheong, Chaya Raichik or Elon Musk can provide [via a tweet].

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

In 2021, after Ben & Jerry’s (a company founded and led by Jewish Americans) refused to sell its products in Israel’s illegal settlements, Shapiro, who was then Pennsylvania's attorney general, threatened the company by urging state agencies to enforce a constitutionally suspect law targeting advocates of Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions, or BDS, against Israel over its discriminatory policies. Shapiro smeared such advocates by claiming that “BDS is rooted in antisemitism” – although the effort has wide support globally, including from many Jews, as a thoroughly nonviolent tactic aimed at advancing Palestinian rights.

https://www.salon.com/2024/07/30/picking-josh-shapiro-could-be-for-harris--heres-why/

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, dcbc said:

They appear to work.  Sorry if I started a fight and ruined your Black Pantha' party.

Nah, some flat out don't work and the embedding continually breaks. Yarn is broke dick right now.

52 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Your story is suspect. The waiter with all of the flair was named Brian. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

In high school my friend thought it was a good idea to smash a folded over ketchup packet, spraying a jet on my shirt. This was so hilarious in his head he was paralyzed in an asphyxiating open mouth laugh, allowing me to fling a pickle slice in retaliation which stuck perfectly on one of the lens of his glasses. Pickle-ass pirate motherfucker...

4af21cf9-dc43-413c-ad50-1966957459d6_tex

10ca890e-de06-41c7-bbcb-3c67561374c2_tex

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Can someone please explain to me why the fuck everyone is posting yarns? They don't work half the time. 

They always work for me.  Yarn is the most consistent way to find movie quotes as gifs.  Copy image location and paste.  Works like a charm.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It sounds to me like Clinton ended up governing for all, not just his party. Although for those laws to pass they had to get voted to his desk. Governing for all, what a novel concept. 

Yes, the Clintons were very altruistic and none of us here would say anything that would cause us to feel the need to go out in the woods and shoot ourselves in the back of the head, twice.

Hillary Clinton Nod GIF

I can’t begin to comprehend how many hundreds of hours of Limbaugh I heard back in the 90s.  I was listening to the wrong Rush.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

In which very odd person and former UT Phrenology Dept head Richard Hanania spits out the bitter truth

wow. Might have captured the zeitgeist of the last 4 years and last 6 weeks better than anything I’ve read or listened to. Thanks for sharing. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

In which very odd person and former UT Phrenology Dept head Richard Hanania spits out the bitter truth
The thing about Republicans ruining Thanksgiving dinner hits home, because most whites who have achieved some level of success in life, or at least aspire to do so, have aggressively stupid catturd-type relatives they want to avoid. They define themselves in opposition to such people.
This is how the left wins.

1) He’s kinda speaking the truth. He misses the fact that the left and center left have always had and been hospitable to white folks. Just because the white supremacists are made uncomfortable by being confronted with truths that INCLUDE our country’s unresolved institutional racism doesn’t mean that everything left of Trump is “all woke mind virus!”

2) Fuck that vile piece of shit.

3) BUT…his ultimate observation of the zeitgeist isn’t wrong.
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

https://forward.com/opinion/640215/kamala-harris-running-mate-josh-shapiro-criticism/

• Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

God dammit, you are absolutely right.

This is a serious thread where we need serious people. If you’re going to name drop a character with 3 lines from a middling movie that was released 25 years ago, it’s gawd damn critical to be accurate. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

1) He’s kinda speaking the truth. He misses the fact that the left and center left have always had and been hospitable to white folks. Just because the white supremacists are made uncomfortable by being confronted with truths that INCLUDE our country’s unresolved institutional racism doesn’t mean that everything left of Trump is “all woke mind virus!”

2) Fuck that vile piece of shit.

3) BUT…his ultimate observation of the zeitgeist isn’t wrong.

Yeah. It his hilarious that he the left is moving beyond "woke" because it is embracing whites. He doesn't understand that it was only his flawed perception of "wokeness" that ever led him to the conclusion that it was anti-white at all. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

How the fuck did some of you make it through high school without murdering a classmate?

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1