2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

15 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

This is sub-optimum.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/josh-shapiro-never-served-in-israel-military-spox-confirms?ref=home?ref=home

Reveal hidden contents

The comments come after Shapiro canceled his gubernatorial campaign fundraisers this weekend, with Vice President Kamala Harris expected to announce her VP pick in Philadelphia next Tuesday. A group of Pennsylvania lawmakers came out in support of Shapiro as VP on Friday.

Bonder added that Shapiro has also disavowed his other comments in the student op-ed, including one sentence where he says Palestinians are “too battle-minded to be able to establish a peaceful homeland of their own.”

“Governor Shapiro has built close, meaningful, informative relationships with many Muslim-American, Arab-American, Palestinian Christian and Jewish community leaders all across Pennsylvania,” Bonder told JNS.

Shapiro added in a press conference on Friday that he “was 20,” adding “I have said for years, years before Oct. 7, that I favor a two-state solution—Israelis and Palestinians living peacefully side-by-side, being able to determine their own futures and their own destiny.”

Bonder had no further comment for The Daily Beast.

What a fraud 

12 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

This is sub-optimum.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/josh-shapiro-never-served-in-israel-military-spox-confirms?ref=home?ref=home

Reveal hidden contents

The comments come after Shapiro canceled his gubernatorial campaign fundraisers this weekend, with Vice President Kamala Harris expected to announce her VP pick in Philadelphia next Tuesday. A group of Pennsylvania lawmakers came out in support of Shapiro as VP on Friday.

Bonder added that Shapiro has also disavowed his other comments in the student op-ed, including one sentence where he says Palestinians are “too battle-minded to be able to establish a peaceful homeland of their own.”

“Governor Shapiro has built close, meaningful, informative relationships with many Muslim-American, Arab-American, Palestinian Christian and Jewish community leaders all across Pennsylvania,” Bonder told JNS.

Shapiro added in a press conference on Friday that he “was 20,” adding “I have said for years, years before Oct. 7, that I favor a two-state solution—Israelis and Palestinians living peacefully side-by-side, being able to determine their own futures and their own destiny.”

Bonder had no further comment for The Daily Beast.

That’s not good. That’s the kind of thing that can grow legs. 

One is the official one that will actually air nationally and be simulcast on multiple stations. The other will be just another Trump rally that Fox will cut away from the moment he starts in on another insane rant, just like they've been doing since the Dominion settlement. 

MAGA-Trump only agreed to debate Biden
DNC-Ok, Biden agrees to show up for the debate
MAGA-He’s not your candidate!
DNC-Ok, candidate Harris agrees to show up for the debate
Who’s on first?

If he's the pick, get ready for Trump and the GOP focusing more on what constitutes a "good" Jew and a "bad" Jew  and the Israel/Palestine conflict, and the media lapping it up for views/engagement.  Since Rs are having a hard time figuring out how to attack Kamala, they will zero in on Shapiro. 

Do we really want to invite this situation right now while trying to unite the party to win an election? 

Still have faith that Kamala and her team will go with Walz or Beshear. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If he's the pick, get ready for Trump and the GOP focusing more on what constitutes a "good" Jew and a "bad" Jew  and the Israel/Palestine conflict, and the media lapping it up for views/engagement.  Since Rs are having a hard time figuring out how to attack Kamala, they will zero in on Shapiro. 

Do we really want to invite this situation right now while trying to unite the party to win an election? 

Still have faith that Kamala and her team will go with Walz or Beshear. 

I think he answered that fine.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The truth is she has 5+ exceptional options, but the evolution of the dialogue is a good example of why anyone who was hoping for a mini-primary to choose the candidate does not understand how politics works in 2024.

I wonder if either party will heavily modify or just abandon the primary system altogether.  With how polarized everything has become, allowing the more extreme primary electorate to saddle you with a less electable choice in the general seems suboptimal.

23 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Suspicious Futurama GIF

This is one of the conundra here.  #bothsides believe a substantial portion of the population is too dumb to vote, especially when their ignorance leads them to support their opponent.  The right is actively working to diminish the right to vote for the "wrong people."  So far, the left doesn't seem to be much attracted to that idea.    I think it is an illiberal notion regardless of which side employs it or acts upon it.

The founding fathers I think either understood this problem (too dumb to vote) or were just afraid that it might be an undoing of their experiment, so they tried to build in some firewalls to unfettered democracy.  It is ironic that those firewalls are being employed or weaponized to undermine democracy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Dog said:

image.thumb.png.7956d68f9e91ec42903015b67f12c6fb.png

I understand not wanting to validate Truth Social, but there should be one campaign account on there to constantly @ him with this type of shit, 100 posts a day, until he explodes or better yet rage blocks it

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Oh wow. If anyone has concerns about the gloves not being off. 

I was going to say that I think we are past gloves and on to knives and brass knuckles, but then I remembered we skipped all of those to gunshots last month. 

• Like 2

Huh, weird:

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

The problem with a Kamala-only press conference masquerading as a debate against Ghost Trump is that few people would pay attention.  I don't disagree that she should accuse him of being scared and let the media run with that clip, but it would ring somewhat hollow if she doesn't debate Trump on FOX.

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

2) no it wouldn't. Her team will make clear that this was agreed and is the debate. Also, I'm betting Sept 4th will not be available due to VP duties anyway. They'll make a show of her being out of country or something that day. 

3) she may counter with Donald doing the abc debate and she'll do a debate on Fox after (knowing he isn't agreeing to abc debate). 

10 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

• Fuck Around and Find Out 3

32 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This is the best fucking post I’ve seen I. Awhile. Amen. 

32 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I hope he makes it and I hope she wins by one vote in Georgia 

When can he mail in his ballot? 

24 minutes ago, The Dog said:

image.thumb.png.7956d68f9e91ec42903015b67f12c6fb.png

Fucking fire. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Huh, weird:

Her statement does nothing to counter my assertion that single-person "debates" are essentially press conferences and they will likely generate far less interest.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Her statement does nothing to counter my assertion that single-person "debates" are essentially press conferences and they will likely generate far less interest.

That wasn't your full statement. I don't think anyone cares if neither single person debate garners a ton of interest. The optics are the same, Trump is afraid of actual debate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Normally I’d agree. But because of the nature and timing of how Harris became the nominee, I think there’s a huge segment of America that will tune in as this will be the first real chance to get to know Harris. She’ll have a massive platform to really introduce herself and her beliefs. People will tune into that and to have her do it without any pushback would be a fucking boon as well. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

That wasn't your full statement. I don't think anyone cares if neither single person debate garners a ton of interest. The optics are the same, Trump is afraid of actual debate. 

The conditionals of my statement haven't come true (or failed to come true).  Yes, right now it's a great offense to call Trump "scared", as I alluded.  He will be able to do the same if she doesn't show up for the FOX event. 

Does it matter?  I doubt it.  Personally, I think she should debate him, although I don't trust FOX to try to have a mixed-support crowd nor try to keep a lid on the circus.

These Republican fuckers are giving up the game with their push for Shapiro. Sad that Enten also falls for it. 

Should Shapiro being Jewish be a negative?  Of course not. Will Republicans use it as a dividing force to muck up this entire election but take cover by blaming the left? Absolutely. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Look, if we let childish purity tests stop us from voting for a fascist, it will be our fault when a fascist wins.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Look, if we let childish purity tests stop us from voting for a fascist AGAIN, it will be our fault when a fascist wins AGAIN.

FIFY. Been there, done that. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

These Republican fuckers are giving up the game with their push for Shapiro. Sad that Enten also falls for it. 

Should Shapiro being Jewish be a negative?  Of course not. Will Republicans use it as a dividing force to muck up this entire election but take cover by blaming the left? Absolutely. 

She should have stopped him right at “the left is washing anti-semitism” and made him show his work, and then fucking referenced half a dozen posts from Elon musk 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, bluto said:

Pence didn’t really deliver them, Trump had the evangies wrapped up all the way back in primaries when Falwell among others signed on to kill off Cruz. I remember my late hardcore southern bap grandparents  talking up Trump at Christmas of ‘15. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/01/26/politics/donald-trump-jerry-falwell-jr-endorsement

Falwell only signed on because Michael Cohen agreed to "handle" the person that knew that Falwell jacked off in the corner while the Cuban cabana boy fucked his wife

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Oh look, the black woman has expensive jewelry!

image.thumb.png.084c4d0f9cfaa015c8d66a7b0e77541f.png

It was a gift from Doug, and we all know that Doug would NEVER pay retail!

20 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I tuned into fox news the other day, and there was a consensus that Harris would be CRAZY to pick anyone other than Shapiro.

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

She should have stopped him right at “the left is washing anti-semitism” and made him show his work, and then fucking referenced half a dozen posts from Elon musk 

It’s Kaitlin. She lets anyone just spew shit as long as she gets to ask questions in a certain tone to make herself feel better. 

When Stacey Abrams called her out live the other day, she got visibly angry. 

• Hook 'Em 5

21 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Republican Talking heads if Shapiro isn't the VP choice- The left is anti-semitic and hates Jews.  Vote for Trump because he loves a good Jew.

Republican Talking heads if Shapiro is the VP choice- Do you want a Jew globalist controlled by Soros one heartbeat away from the presidency?  Vote for Trump because he loves a good Jew. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3