2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Her statement does nothing to counter my assertion that single-person "debates" are essentially press conferences and they will likely generate far less interest.

Not if you hire a Donald Trump impersonator dressed like Dr. Frankenfurter to be there in his place.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

30 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That’s what the convention is for. 

There are a huge segment of peoples who will never tune into a democratic convention but who will watch a debate or town hall if trump doesn’t show. 

16 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

What does “the next Florida” mean in this context?

A true battleground state both parties pour resources into because it’s considered a must win. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Constant said:

I’m hoping some of the 74 million people that voted for him last time see some kind of light. I’m skeptical, though. 

Some of them did see the tunnel of light during COVID

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

It’s Kaitlin. She lets anyone just spew shit as long as she gets to ask questions in a certain tone to make herself feel better. 

When Stacey Abrams called her out live the other day, she got visibly angry. 

That's not an interview it's CNN talking heads just reading their scripts pretending both sides are equal and valid

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There are a huge segment of peoples who will never tune into a democratic convention but who will watch a debate or town hall if trump doesn’t show. 

To be honest, the only way I’d watch a debate is if Trump doesn’t show. I don’t want to expose my family to the filth that comes out of that degenerate’s mouth.

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

6fa0e2d0-4eb8-49a5-8d4e-661fbe40282e.png

It'll be interesting to see what Fox does.  ABC has every justification to hold the event whether he shows or not- he agreed to be there.  He can scream "scheduled!!" all he wants, but Harris has come to no agreement of terms with Fox.  I don't think even they can get away holding a "debate" without her.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexasHooch said:

It'll be interesting to see what Fox does.  ABC has every justification to hold the event whether he shows or not- he agreed to be there.  He can scream "scheduled!!" all he wants, but Harris has come to no agreement of terms with Fox.  I don't think even they can get away holding a "debate" without her.

They cannot. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

That’s why she needs to spice it up for the Idiocracy generation by doing in a remote region of Alaska with nothing but 12 survival tools, no food, and a battery powered camcorder. 

Understand Captain America GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Anyone who thinks this is just some honeymoon shit is not paying attention. They are gaining momentum and picking up better messaging every day. It's incredible. 

Honeymoons are a climax of passion that declines over time. Everything about this election is the opposite, Kamala has become more popular every day and her lead keeps growing. It's the exact opposite path of a honeymoon, this is a legitimate phenomenon. It was always extremely bad luck that Democrats had to run largely historically unpopular candidates against a populist like Trump, I always thought why couldn't we have a JFK or Obama or similarly hyped democrat at such an important moment in our history. Kamala has become that. She's having a legitimate historic campaign. Even better, there's a full other term available for her after this. Calling this a honeymoon is pure, 10000000% copium.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

c9d3b912-4854-4afe-80ac-e1cb7a83c1c4.png

I really wish they did a “Cat Men for Kamala” too because my parents BOTH became cat people a few years after I left home for college. Everyone just assumes all the cats are my Mom’s when my dad is the one who keeps adding more cats into the mix. 

Not trying to make a blanket judgment (even though I am), but childless men who have cats are much more likely to be normal dudes because they know how to take care of another living being while incels without cats spend most of their time online fawning over every stupid move Elon and Trump make. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If he's the pick, get ready for Trump and the GOP focusing more on what constitutes a "good" Jew and a "bad" Jew  and the Israel/Palestine conflict, and the media lapping it up for views/engagement.  Since Rs are having a hard time figuring out how to attack Kamala, they will zero in on Shapiro. 

Do we really want to invite this situation right now while trying to unite the party to win an election? 

Still have faith that Kamala and her team will go with Walz or Beshear. 

I’d say go ahead and invite Trump to question whether he’s a good Jew or a bad Jew right alongside his questioning of whether Harris is black or Indian. Let the racist assuole be a racist asshole.

What if Shapiro wasn’t Jewish? Would you feel better about him as Kamala’s running mate?

"Shapiro does not support the values of the Democratic base," the statement continued. "He has supported sending $100 million of Pennsylvanians' taxpayer dollars to fund private school vouchers, has quietly settled a sexual harassment scandal against one of his own top aides, and was unique among the top VP picks in his willingness to deploy the National Guard on peaceful protestors. He even went as far as to compare peaceful university protestors to KKK ralliers."

"We believe he poses a unique risk to Democrats' momentum, energy, and unity when it is needed most," the group concluded.

https://www.newsweek.com/no-genocide-josh-campaign-doubles-down-shapiro-vp-speculation-grows-1934107

34 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’d say go ahead and invite Trump to question whether he’s a good Jew or a bad Jew right alongside his questioning of whether Harris is black or Indian. Let the racist assuole be a racist asshole.

What if Shapiro wasn’t Jewish? Would you feel better about him as Kamala’s running mate?

Illinois Governor Pritzker is jewish and nobody is trying to block him you are seeing persecution where there is none.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Put that shit on a t-shirt, and throw it in with every donation to  act blue over $100. Sure its a cost that would reduce the donation somewhat, but a shit-ton of those walking around the streets of america would more than offset the lost revenue.

Of course  a couple people would probably be shot on sight by some incel guntard.

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

image.png

Its a brilliant strategy at face value, but upon super close inspection, I might have identified where it falls flat on its fucking face

image.thumb.png.40acbd2190836ef02f66c9fdec1a07b0.png

4 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

He's probably just acknowledging the hard working american patriots who loaded the 18 Big Macs, 468 chicken nuggets, and 64 orders of fries into the cargo hold for the  ride home. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He’s never been a serious candidate so the minions haven’t felt the need to pull up his college homework yet.

ALL of them are being vetted by not just Kamala but by everyone, it seems like paranoia.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Not really. There are better options. 

"He helps in Pennsylvania" doesn't really move the needle enough for me.   

• Hook 'Em 2

Okay, I know why Trump doesn't want to be fact-checked during a debate, but can anyone explain why a non-piece of shit human would refuse to be fact-checked during a debate? Why is this even a question?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2