2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

What they need: her in office

What she needs: this extremely controversial topic to not be the centerpiece of the campaign 

That's the trade. There's no other leverage, despite how much they want to whine about it on twitter.  If they do not understand this, then they deserve to be ridiculed and their intelligence should be questioned.

My hope is Biden gets a ceasefire done. If that happens, the temperature goes way down and the urgency fueling the uncommitted movement will die down.

Failing that, I hope Harris has a productive conversation with the delegation from Uncommitted. She has been the most critical voice in the Biden administration, so I hope she has an opportunity to back that up with firm commitments that we see at the DNC when the platform is unveiled.

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

They're a shitty friend openly trying to get Trump elected. The uncommitted voting bloc does have leverage and I won't blame them for using it.

"Give me all your money or I'll blow my brains out"   

That type of leverage?   And you think they should use it?  Fucks sake man

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Sadly I think all of those people were already planning to vote Biden (back when he was behind in Michigan polls by a considerable margin).

I wouldn’t say it’s sad, but I agree that most of them were already going to vote Biden.

I’m just happy that Bibi was stumping for Trump. That should reduce any downside for Harris telling Bibi to fuck himself.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, OU Sucks said:

No thanks, we need strong leaders who say "Son, shut the hell up for 30 seconds about Pikachu" to kids and then brag about it like it was something awesome. -(m)aggy

That’s not the correct way to address them

image.jpeg.7e1848e97a53e4545ec9ab49ad856fcb.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

I wouldn’t say it’s sad, but I agree that most of them were already going to vote Biden.

I’m just happy that Bibi was stumping for Trump. That should reduce any downside for Harris telling Bibi to fuck himself.

Were they actually going to show up, though, with Biden at the top? Not all of them I bet

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

My hope is Biden gets a ceasefire done. If that happens, the temperature goes way down and the urgency fueling the uncommitted movement will die down.

Failing that, I hope Harris has a productive conversation with the delegation from Uncommitted. She has been the most critical voice in the Biden administration, so I hope she has an opportunity to back that up with firm commitments that we see at the DNC when the platform is unveiled.

"We will tamp down the protests, request that the encampments not start again, leave the DNC alone, and allow you to straddle the fence publicly on this issue as long as you continue to meet with us on the side and commit to XXXX after the election.  If these commitments are not made at that time, we will make the beginning of your presidency a living hell" would be an appropriate use of leverage, one that maximizes the odds of her election, and still gives the group legitimate power.

This isn't hard... unless the goal is to protest rather than actually make change.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, locodos said:

"Give me all your money or I'll blow my brains out"   

That type of leverage?   And you think they should use it?  Fucks sake man

I guess they dont study a lot of game theory. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Genocide:  the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group. 

That's not what's happening here. Were that what's happening, this would have already been over and Gaza would be empty.  

They haven’t finished the job yet so it’s not genocide? That’s you’re defense?

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I saw a funny tweet that I can't find now to repost but it was basically, "Kamala looks like a homicide detective rolling up to the uniforms on her 3rd murder call of the day". 

If Walz ever introduced Kamala at a rally like this…

Csi Miami Sunglasses GIF

Oh boy

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

These juvenile "jokes" seem to me indicate that the core constituency of the Republican Party are self-hating closeted white gay males and the women who lie to themselves about their husbands being straight every day and subjecting themselves to deeply unsatisfying sex on a regular basis.

Both these men and women are becoming more and more hateful every day that passes where they see people dating and marrying whoever the fuck they want and being happy as a result.

Don’t put that incel stench on gay men, they are repressed frustrated lazy straight men who have no game and have no idea how to impress and excite a modern woman.

• Hook 'Em 7

20 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Call them whatever you want, but Harris needs as many of their votes as she can get. And she can get them.

Not without losing a lot more votes. There is no universe where "not another bomb" as her platform doesn't result in Trump getting elected.

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I guess they dont study a lot of game theory. 

Yup, However some psychological experiments show that during negotiation the "unreasonable" party willing to spite themselves received favorable outcomes... go figure

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

She cannot end all relations and support for Israel or end financial support, it's not possible, practically, or politically. She would lose a far larger voting bloc. She can and will do what Biden and Shapiro have done, call out Bibi and press for restraint. She'll probably be willing to go even a little further. But if that's not enough, and if the people saying they'll sit out the election are serious, they know damn well that it might help get Trump elected, and that he will without hesitation support Israel's complete destruction of Gaza and probably the West Bank too. If that's their position, they never really cared about Gaza civilians, they care more about perception as super righteous self-satisfied progressive. If Palestinian civilians are really that important to them, they absolutely must press Kamala for as much as they can get while voting for her without reservation considering the alternative. That's how politics work, hell it's how life works in general. 

My only regret is that I have only one rep to give this.

Pragmatism is key here.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just using the tweet above for the screenshot from Trump's PC yesterday. In all seriousness, I noticed he really looked different yesterday. More gaunt in the face, clear panic/paranoia in his eyes, his hair is looking a lot thinner/worse. Maybe it was just a bad day, but it looks like there's actually something going on. He probably has PTSD from getting shot at and everyone in his camp, including Trump, is ignoring it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Israel buys off a lot of our politicians through AIPAC right? Spend $100 million on campaign donations for candidates willing to fund Israel, get 26 billion in free weapons?

A PAC can't be funded by a foreign country. Illegal. (edited to add - the donation couldn't be used to fund election expenses. Upon further research AIPAC has 501c3's which are for outright political activity and couldn't accept foreign donations, but AIPAC itself is a 501c4, which is ostensibly for public education. A 501c4 could accept a foreign donation but it wouldn't be legal to use for political purposes. 501c3's have to disclose their donors. 501c4's do not; but they have to keep extensive records about their donors and expenses. 

37 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Does Bozeman not have a McDonalds?

I asked chatgpt to compare Bozeman to Billings for trauma care. Just out of mild curiosity. 

Comparison Summary:

• Level of Care: Billings has two Level II Trauma Centers (Billings Clinic and St. Vincent Healthcare), offering higher-level trauma care compared to Bozeman’s Level III and IV centers. Level II centers can handle more complex trauma cases and provide a wider range of specialized services.

• Scope and Resources: Billings’ trauma centers are larger and equipped with more extensive resources for managing severe trauma cases, including advanced surgical and critical care capabilities.

• Specialization: Billings' facilities have more specialization in trauma care compared to Bozeman, which may result in more complex trauma cases being handled locally in Billings.

•  

In summary, if you or someone you know requires advanced trauma care, Billings offers more specialized and comprehensive services due to its Level II Trauma Centers. Bozeman's facilities provide quality care but may transfer more severe cases to higher-level centers like those in Billings.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Then why are the pro Hamas/Palestinian Dems getting primaried?

I know why. You know why. chainsaw knows why but won't admit it.

These people are small in number and even those that exist don't vote. That's why they're ignored, it's why they'll continue to be ignored, and it's why they should be ignored.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Not seeing anything else on X and the news apps don't have anything. Maybe a hoax? 

They did land at Billings..ADSB data doesn't lie.  But it could be anything...mechanical issue, for one. Someone would have to listen to the Ground/Tower/Approach ATC archived recording of when they landed to get more info (time is UTC), although they might not have discussed the issue: https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=BIL

image.thumb.png.2c86f23d2cea747f11db62e2cd59cb9e.png

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 3