2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

15 hours ago, Chopper said:

Well Ava Braun aka Maggie Haberman certainly tries.

image.thumb.png.cad4557dca4d1ad11f01831b13c9bf82.png

What actually happened:

Q: Many are telling you to stop with the personal attacks against Kamala Harris...

Trump: I’m angry at her. I don’t have respect for her. She attacks me. She called me weird. She called JD weird. He’s not weird!

image.png.72800d176316f5e803afa889c4365aac.png

wiki:

image.thumb.png.7e468aec264f69ec26c81e39d671f6f1.png

image.png.dcb0f6477793071c52d611eb5deda6cb.png

2 days ago

image.thumb.png.4c65307918630077937722a671d2bb3c.png

Of the many things I am looking forward to being rid of when Kamala Harris beats Donald Trump, somewhere on the list is the phrase "Trump World."

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Nobody’s offended. It’s theater. 

Theater and a market viability test of a new outrage to sell to voters on the right to get them energized.  The old ones are not so effective anymore.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The thing about this latest fake outrage, to me, is that it makes no fucking sense.

First, I'm not offended, because I'm a white guy and I like tons of spicy fucking shit. Second, when she says mayonnaise or tuna...she's listing bland things. How does that have anything to do with race? He is the one who volunteers White Guy Tacos. So I guess the white guy can't make fun of himself now? It literally makes no sense from any fucking angle. 

White trash victimization has been the staple of Trump's populist nonsense.  That currency is getting less valuable daily.  It's far too early to tell, but it feels like even Trump's own supporters are beginning to get bored with this trope.  Eight years of Trump complaining and whining finally seems to be losing steam.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

Why am I not at all surprised people would take offense to Walz joking about white people not liking spice? Snowflakes indeed.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

It’s because they are completely humorless. People of all different races and ethnic groups make fun of their own stereotypes including white people with a sense of humor. It’s called self deprecating humor. The mocking of Kamala laughing and pointing out that we’ve never seen Trump or Vance or any of the sycophants utter a genuine chuckle revealed that aspect of their personalities. Their souls are truly wretched. 

Yep. It's the same people that whisper a complaint at work on why they're not allowed to create a white employee group. For many (all?) of them, it boils down to the fact that they're not allowed to say the n-word. Perhaps some would actually never say it. They just want the right to say it without repercussions or being criticized. 

and for the record, a taco with unseasoned ground beef and cheese, sounds horrible. Hopefully its 80/20 ground beef and not too lean.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Why can their white guy make jokes about white people when our white guy can’t make jokes about black people? That’s racist!

Yep. It's another version of why can't WE say the N word???

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Well, I'm as white as a white dude gets, and I love me some ground beef + chili powder + shredded iceberg lettuce + shredded cheddar in a crispy corn taco shell as much as the next guy.  I do know it isn't al pastor, though. 
Why can't I love my gringo tacos?  Why are they persecuting me?  We can't catch a break in this society.

It’s not like al pastor is spicy. Nor is a typical taco. That may be why Kamala was surprised. Generally, the only thing spicy about a taco is if you put a hot sauce on it. At least that’s been my middle aged, white, midwestern guy experience.

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

It’s not like al pastor is spicy. Nor is a typical taco. That may be why Kamala was surprised. Generally, the only thing spicy about a taco is if you put a hot sauce on it. At least that’s been my middle aged, white, midwestern guy experience.

User name almost checks out.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Lulz, taco shells!  

We had a hot blonde intern from ksu.  When out at our normal texmex place for  lunch she asked if some combo plate came with hard or soft shells.  After a 5 second blank stare, I figured out what she was talking about.

• Haha 2

I get not being excited about or wanting to support a $25k subsidy to assist first time home buyers, but the other side is actively pushing policies that would make buying a home much more difficult than it is today.

image.png.3e42a0ee61c714e79c52afe890e3419e.png

• Rage+1 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Red Five said:

I cannot believe we’re even talking about this. Like this cannot be real life.

Something this stupid shouldn’t be given oxygen. This is a non-non-non story.

It is at least nice to know that Kamala gets to be black when it's time to get offended over white people stereotypes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

36 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

2 teaspoons of chili powder? 

These people have no sense of humor AT ALL.

She deserves a replay.

Midwestern Mom cooks the hotdish in question.

Might be a hot take but.....

Would

She's also an opera singer......

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't.  I doubt there is anybody who didn't vote for him in 2020, who is now thinking "you know what?  That's my guy!"  I also think the Trump of 2020 would be doing a lot more over the span of two weeks than a Mar-a-Lago presser, a Bedminster presser, and a "rally" at a 2,700 seat theater, especially as his competition is lapping him.

Partly because:

All great points, and it feeds into him just rambling on without a point.  I feel like in the run-up to 2016 and 2020, yeah, he would get off topic and babble/ramble a bit but he seemed to be working the crowd more, and he always seemed to have that reality TV star knack of having a point or two or three that he was trying to make.  He may take a while to get to the point, but he eventually came back to it, and got the applause and the laughs at the right moments.

I sometimes think the people who believe he's thrown in the towel and is just grifting are right.  He is not acting like somebody who wants to actually win.  He can talk a lot, but I can talk about how I'm going to win the lottery or go out with Sela Ward on a date, but if I don't actually go out and buy a ticket or figure out how to get the restraining order dropped, it's not going to happen.

Now he's the political equivalent of an elderly person driving around, blowing through stop signs and traffic lights, oblivious to what's going on around him.

He wants to win but his psychosis is too advanced to pull off the charming idiot routine anymore, we just get the bloated, vengeful idiot and that sells to a much smaller crowd than the charming idiot.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I get not being excited about or wanting to support a $25k subsidy to assist first time home buyers, but the other side is actively pushing policies that would make buying a home much more difficult than it is today.

image.png.3e42a0ee61c714e79c52afe890e3419e.png

Wait, what. Who in their right mind would think this is a good idea? I mean where does the impulse for this even come from?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Straight white devil here, not offended by the taco comments at all. I’m going to assume that’s probably the case with like 98% of my demographic. The clip was dorky as hell, but I’m not sure how someone would be offended by that. He has shitty tastebuds, much like the rest of the midwest and northern region of the continent, so what?

Seems like a bunch of journo idiots trying to find something to be angry about. Newsflash idiots, Kamala is floating price controls and $25k+ handouts to homebuyers; that’s something to be upset about.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I think we all need to make hot dishes on Election Night and post pics.  We can start a separate thread or include those in the Election Night results thread.

I’m down, but I think using recipe for this would be cheating. Pick some stuff to put in the dish, bake it, and see how it goes. 

But don’t pick spam. Jfc. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I think we all need to make hot dishes on Election Night and post pics.  We can start a separate thread or include those in the Election Night results thread.

Does anyone have a recipe for jerk chicken tikka marsala hot dish?  Let's cover all the bases here.

• Drool 4

5 minutes ago, thepop said:

Some good polls for Trump lately, although small margins. Can't get complacent.

Still moving the right direction:

Last month, Trump led Harris 51% to 45% in Pennsylvania among very likely voters, his support dropping two points this month to 49%, and Harris’ support increasing three points, from 45% to 48%.

Some additional information on the methodology:

Methodology

The Emerson College Polling/RealClearPennsylvania survey was conducted August 13-14, 2024. The sample of likely Pennsylvania voters, n=1,000, has a credibility interval, similar to a poll’s margin of error (MOE), of +/- 3 percentage points. The data sets were weighted by gender, education, race, age, party registration, and region based on 2024 likely voter modeling. Turnout modeling is based on U.S. Census parameters, and voter registration data. 

It is important to remember that subsets based on demographics, such as gender, age, education, and race/ethnicity, carry with them higher credibility intervals, as the sample size is reduced. Survey results should be understood within the poll’s range of scores, and with a confidence interval of 95% a poll will fall outside the range of scores 1 in 20 times. 

Data was collected by contacting cell phones via MMS-to-web text, landlines via Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (both lists provided by Aristotle), and an online panel of voters provided by CINT. The survey was offered in English. 

All questions asked in this survey with exact wording, along with full results, demographics, and cross tabulations can be found under Full Results. This survey was sponsored by RealClearPennsylvania.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, troph said:

I did my own post mortem on why Trump was appealing after the 2020 election, he lost but he still made it way too close given his presidency. There’s all sorts of political reasons, but putting the gravity of the situation aside, his stump speeches were more of a standup routine than anything else. Now I didn’t find it funny but his crowds laughed more than they cheered. Of course there’s the propaganda, classic blame an exterior threat, the guy isn’t one dimensional but his ability to make his people laugh was a huge component that was never really noticed by MSM for sure but I’m not sure really anyone dove into it. 

now he’s older, he’s flustered, he’s not a novel candidate, more are done with him and he’s lost it. But the whole shark and batteries in a boat thing was just another stand up routine attempt, the problem is he’s losing his mind too so he’s not nearly as good at it as he was.

Excellent. My early observations about him in the GOP debates was that he was the only onstage actually talking to people rather than reciting shit. He got off some good lines. I never thought he'd get the nomination, but I could see his appeal. This was before the shit about the wall and the other absurd promises. 

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't.  I doubt there is anybody who didn't vote for him in 2020, who is now thinking "you know what?  That's my guy!"  I also think the Trump of 2020 would be doing a lot more over the span of two weeks than a Mar-a-Lago presser, a Bedminster presser, and a "rally" at a 2,700 seat theater, especially as his competition is lapping him.

Partly because:

All great points, and it feeds into him just rambling on without a point.  I feel like in the run-up to 2016 and 2020, yeah, he would get off topic and babble/ramble a bit but he seemed to be working the crowd more, and he always seemed to have that reality TV star knack of having a point or two or three that he was trying to make.  He may take a while to get to the point, but he eventually came back to it, and got the applause and the laughs at the right moments.

I sometimes think the people who believe he's thrown in the towel and is just grifting are right.  He is not acting like somebody who wants to actually win.  He can talk a lot, but I can talk about how I'm going to win the lottery or go out with Sela Ward on a date, but if I don't actually go out and buy a ticket or figure out how to get the restraining order dropped, it's not going to happen.

Now he's the political equivalent of an elderly person driving around, blowing through stop signs and traffic lights, oblivious to what's going on around him.

Also excellent. He's an old gasbag that doesn't realize the funny stories he's told a hundred times are now suffered through rather than laughed at. Evidently, Lenny Bruce's act became him reading about the legal persecution he was experiencing instead of entertainment. He lost his audience.

4 hours ago, Post Oak said:

We eat a shit ton of tacos in my family and we call those Gringo Tacos. Definitely have more spice than Tim's. They aren't my favorite that we make but there is something nostalgic about it for me.  

There are few things more boring on this site than people pontificating about the perfect way to cook or eat something. Gotta have two burn points per square inch and two cups of jalepenos to be a real taco.

In this case, it's not only boring, but it's adding deadweight to a thread already moving at a torrid pace.

I become a scorn. 

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

The racists are still very angry and offended about a joke.

image.thumb.png.1b3c4dc5db4c965ac690dde1298f1487.png

Meanwhile:

image.png.b5cd7d49167bb78d21b11645d73254b2.png

I'm guessing this is like the flyers put on East Side businesses here years ago telling people they would have to leave to make room for gentrification. Too many people took it literally and missed a solid point being made with absurdity. I doubt this sign is from Trump followers but actually ridicules their racist, violent, stupid hatred.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Does anyone have a recipe for jerk chicken tikka marsala hot dish?  Let's cover all the bases here.

I like that... go with the most flavorful version of a hot dish possible. I could totally see myself trying to concoct a Indian-Chinese version, with lots and lots of pork and paneer in it. 

Edited by YChang
  • Hook 'Em 2

Fucking IN. This is a great idea. I will continue to post recipes from my cookbook (again, a gift from my half brother). We can all pick one and make it, and report the results.
I’m down, but I think using recipe for this would be cheating. Pick some stuff to put in the dish, bake it, and see how it goes. 

But don’t pick spam. Jfc. 

Pick whatever you want. There’s a place for spam. Shit, that’s a real flavor bomb to folks from Minnesota.
  • Hook 'Em 1