2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

https://newrepublic.com/post/184962/donald-trump-pissed-kamala-harris-chicken-out-debate

Is Donald Trump really trying to get out of debating Kamala Harris again? Or is it the opposite? 

On Thursday, it seemed like the dust had finally settled. “The debate about debates is over,” said Michael Tyler, the Harris campaign communications director, in a statement. “Donald Trump’s campaign accepted our proposal for three debates—two presidential and a vice presidential debate.” 

“Assuming Donald Trump actually shows up on September 10 to debate Vice President Harris, then Governor Walz will see JD Vance on October 1 and the American people will have another opportunity to see the vice president and Donald Trump on the debate stage in October,” the Harris campaign continued. 

But now, Trump’s team claims that the Democrat lied when she said the two sides reached a debate agreement. At the moment, there is only one confirmed debate between the presidential nominees, to be held September 10 by ABC News.

Nevertheless, the Trump campaign’s press secretary Karoline Leavitt told the Daily Caller Friday that Trump will be doing three debates and Vance will be doing two.

“Let’s be clear: President Trump will be on the debate stage THREE times with Fox News, ABC, and NBC/Telemundo. Likewise, Senator Vance will show up to debate Tim Walz on TWO occasions, on September 18 with CNN and October 1 with CBS. If Harris and Walz don’t show up, an empty podium can stand in their place, proving to the American people just how weak they are,” Leavitt told the Caller.

Spoiler

Trump had waffled for months on whether he would debate Harris, finally announcing he wanted to debate her three times on ABC, CBS, and Fox News. Harris accepted the invitations for the ABC and CBS debates but not for the one hosted by the Trump-adoring Fox.

Vance, confusingly, proposed two vice presidential debates as opposed to the traditional one. One of his proposed dates is the same day Trump is due to be sentenced for his hush-money trial.

The Trump campaign went to paint the Democratic strategy as such: “They are trying to get away with seeing how she performs on the September debate, and then maybe they’ll commit to an October debate,” Leavitt said. 

Trump may also make an escape plan for the September debate by highlighting Harris’s personal connection to ABC executive Dana Walden. 

It seems like both sides are trying to paint the other as scared to debate, which may end up resulting in more and more appearances—or perhaps in none at all.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Has anyone seen the movie “Lagaan: One Upon a Time in India?” This is what I’m talking about, with these ethnic enclaves in our country, it can make the whole area smell of toasted cumin and delicious, fresh roti.

• Haha 5

59 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://newrepublic.com/post/184962/donald-trump-pissed-kamala-harris-chicken-out-debate

Reveal hidden contents

Trump had waffled for months on whether he would debate Harris, finally announcing he wanted to debate her three times on ABC, CBS, and Fox News. Harris accepted the invitations for the ABC and CBS debates but not for the one hosted by the Trump-adoring Fox.

Vance, confusingly, proposed two vice presidential debates as opposed to the traditional one. One of his proposed dates is the same day Trump is due to be sentenced for his hush-money trial.

The Trump campaign went to paint the Democratic strategy as such: “They are trying to get away with seeing how she performs on the September debate, and then maybe they’ll commit to an October debate,” Leavitt said. 

Trump may also make an escape plan for the September debate by highlighting Harris’s personal connection to ABC executive Dana Walden. 

It seems like both sides are trying to paint the other as scared to debate, which may end up resulting in more and more appearances—or perhaps in none at all.

nm

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Am I mistaken, or was Vance a Corporal simply because the Marine Corps doesn't have a Spec 4 rank?

The Army has both, so a Spec 4 would be in an office typing up press releases, and a Corporal would be out commanding troops and doing War shit. Spec 4s can do war shit too, but they are not considered NCOs. When I was a Spec 4 I called the rank "High Private."

Does the Marine Corps have an E-4 Mafia?  I'm guessing maybe?

6F0A7322-14__48456.1659896627.jpg?c=1

E4+Mafia+Patch+Mockup.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

With the comments about the Medal of Honor, you have to wonder if Trump is legitimately senile or if he is trying to throw the election. Spitting in the face of veterans? I know he makes awful statements every time he opens his mouth, but these guys are his supporters and it’s insane to obviously disrespect one of their highest honors.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's actually much better because everyone gets the Congressional Medal of Honor, they're soldiers. They're either in very bad shape because they've been hit so many times by bullets or they are dead. She gets it and she's a healthy, beautiful woman. And they're rated equal, but she got the Presidential Medal of Freedom."

That should be on a TV ad on Fox News multiple times daily.
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

With the comments about the Medal of Honor, you have to wonder if Trump is legitimately senile or if he is trying to throw the election. Spitting in the face of veterans? I know he makes awful statements every time he opens his mouth, but these guys are his supporters and it’s insane to obviously disrespect one of their highest honors.

I mean he has said way worse and veterans still vote for him, at the end of the day it is pure voting suppression on his part by looking like a low energy dumbass the content of his words literally do not matter.

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

"Has anybody seen the movie The Dark Knight Rises? That is what I'm talking about, with these childless cat ladies in our country, it can lead to higher crime rates." 

image.jpeg.5c8dd2b332f2c775307b7f77fb737e64.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3f1532edee11237a6379fda95ef5ec2d.jpeg

image.jpeg.ab0de280a1647952df4ba55615502309.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 4

23 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

It's a cult.  He could say ANYTHING and it wouldn't matter.  His cult members only get news from cult leader approved sources. And if they somehow find out what he said, they'll find a way to excuse it.  All these statements are doing is solidifying the cult, and alienating his cult from the rest of us.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Your dismissal of Anne Hathaway is not appreciated 

Honestly I couldn’t bring myself to watch the Dark Knight after Heath Ledger died. I wasn’t some huge Heath Ledger fan, it just seemed the role had tortured him and it kind of revolted me in a visceral way

Then with the movie theater shooting in Colorado I didn’t want to watch the one with Bane. Haven’t seen any since. 

51 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

He was trying to get $100M in PAC money, and he was successful.  Hopefully it does $100M worth of damage. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Honestly I couldn’t bring myself to watch the Dark Knight after Heath Ledger died. I wasn’t some huge Heath Ledger fan, it just seemed the role had tortured him and it kind of revolted me in a visceral way

Then with the movie theater shooting in Colorado I didn’t want to watch the one with Bane. Haven’t seen any since. 

dc comics joker GIF

tom hardy bane GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Your loss — they’re phenomenal movies.
  • Hook 'Em 8

3 hours ago, linux said:

Youtube pushed that prerecorded SNL skit today and it had me in stitches.

I like how at the 2:03 mark, the character Trump has the vg neck wrinkle, just like the real one.  It's the details.  

image.thumb.png.277f8e9163bc9aa27e6917a810bae01c.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I think the narcissist brain of his was sure that he would beat the old senile Biden, and so felt comfortable, dismantling the RNC and any state level ground game in order to fund his criminal defense attorneys and civil judgments.   

At some level, he now knows that he is at a disadvantage after gutting the GOP election machine with Harris gaining momentum.

Absolutely, and it's not just about taking the money from the field offices and other Republicans - he probably wonders why those field offices even exist in the first place, because the GOP is him.  Lest we forget, he wanted money from any down-ballot races using his likeness.  The GOP is an ATM to him.

Why I think he will continue to lose his shit is because he looks at the race as the only means of keeping his sad ass out of a jail cell.   I think that level of stress and panic will continue to increase as the convention is a hit and Harris gets the normal convention bounce. That will produce even more unhinged and emotional outbursts from the guy.    

I think he might believe he'll be safe from doing jail time at this point.

If he was that worried, he'd be on the campaign trail and not doing pressers from his homes.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

This Medal of Honor bullshit is going to hurt him. 

11 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Hahahahaha....right.

He has repeatedly shit on veterans for almost a decade. Exactly what blowback has he felt from attacking McCain, gold star parents, "suckers & losers," saluting a North Korean general, etc.?

11 hours ago, 'stache said:

McCain and North Korea alone should have had vets turn on him, yet here we are, this one won't make any difference whatsoever with his current cult.

11 hours ago, aggie08 said:

How spicy (I like what you did there) were they about gold star families, shitting on the grave of John McCain, and calling General Milley a weak traitor?

This is like the 200th worst thing that he's said about service men and women. 

I think a lot of people just accepted/ignoring the McCain stuff as politics and McCain didn't like him.  Doesn't make it right, but maybe some felt McCain was a big boy who could defend himself.

This is getting some attention - it's making waves in the news media, and I've seen some MAGA types who are not happy with it, and vet groups have noticed it.  Trump's campaign claiming that it was because of her philanthropy and medical work is falling on deaf ears for some, who are looking at the amount of money she and her husband donated toward Trump or to help him.

It was pretty fucking despicable: 

"I watched Sheldon sitting so proud in the White House when we gave Miriam the Presidential Medal of Freedom. That's the highest award you can get as a civilian. It's the equivalent of the Congressional Medal of Honor, but civilian version," said Trump as he spoke from the podium in front of multiple American and Israeli flags. 

He added, "It's actually much better because everyone gets the Congressional Medal of Honor, they're soldiers. They're either in very bad shape because they've been hit so many times by bullets or they are dead. She gets it and she's a healthy, beautiful woman. And they're rated equal, but she got the Presidential Medal of Freedom." 

You can't really spin those, no matter how hard his people try.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

He could literally run on a platform of lining veterns up, shitting in their mouths, and pissing on their children and he would still get 85% of their vote.

yeah he's good. he shit all over mccain's service, called dead vets a bunch of suckers at Normandy and Arlington National Cemetery, trashed his chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, no blow back.

Through golf, I know a shit ton of older vets and a lot of them get a VA disability check. I'd say about 75% of them are just scamming the system. Project 2025 is going to GUT the VA and especially disability recipients. Leopards Eats Face Party 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Okay, when I. made my comments that it was picking up some traction/getting noticed, I didn't know the VFW National Commander had made clear his anger over it.

That's some serious shit.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1