2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

She didn’t mention price controls or anything like it, but whatever I guess. 
Seriously Harris should just coast on vibes. This isn’t a policy election, and there's no upside to talking about any policy that doesn’t have a clear, immediate and tangible impact on virtually the entire population, ie, taking weed off schedule one, Medicare for all, etc. 

Agree 100%.

2 hours ago, MrBig said:

The Dems came up with the “weird” idea after one of their interns, who also happened to be a college football fan, asked Coach Walz what he thought of the aggy yell leaders.

”They’re weird.” Walz replied. “If I was coaching with those guys flailing around on the sideline, I’d worry my team wasn’t focused because they were distracted by making fun of them.”

In that moment, Walz had a revelation about the campaign. Trump was weird. Just as A&M had deployed male yell leaders to distract from their poor play on the field, Donald Trump had used weirdness to distract from his poor policies and multiple felony convictions. 

“It’s just a visceral feeling, you know? You see those guys pumping away and spinning around looking like weirdos and you’re like, what are we doing here? This is so weird. We just wanna play football.

“It’s the same feeling I get when Donald Trump speaks. He’s talking nonsense pumping up his crowd with lies and dancing around the real issues. The only difference is he’s not dressed like a milkman. Trying to defend Donald Trump is like trying to defend those yell leaders. It’s weird and unnecessary and there’s no place for that kind of behavior in our country.”

Is this real?  Doesn’t matter, I’m going to pretend it’s real either way. 

6 hours ago, bolverk said:

There's evil behind her innocent appearance.

In 2023, Harp joined Trump's 2024 presidential campaign. In 2024, The Bulwark reported, citing anonymous sources, that Harp was the staffer who had posted a video that included references to a "unified Reich" on Trump's Truth Social account.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Harp

200824_wn_abcnl_rnc1_harp__hpMain_16x9_992.jpg?w=992

might be second behind luna on the hate fuck list.

As I see it today:

Safe blue: 198
Safe red: 131

Likely blue: 27
Likely red: 88

Leans blue: 56 (MI, PA, WI, AZ, NE-02)
Leans red: 0

Tossup: 39 (NV, GA, NC)

And yes, that puts Harris at likely 281 today

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 3

37 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Daaaaaammmmmmnnn. I really underestimated the upside to switching candidates. 

We can't all be political masterminds. 

J/k. But the growing number of people who wanted to vote for almost literally anyone other than the two old dudes was palpable.

Mad props to those brave few who were pointing this out before the debate.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I really wish Bill and Hillary would just go away

I understand that, but doesn't Hilary deserve a "I told y'all" moment?   She was 100% correct about Trump and Trumpkins.

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

J/k. But the growing number of people who wanted to vote for almost literally anyone other than the two old dudes was palpable.

Carville was leading the charge.  But, I hate for anybody involved with LSU to get any credit for anything. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Fuck, even Nimrata Haley said whoever jettisoned their geriatric candidate was going to win the election. Thank god the Dems aren’t a cult surrounding Biden and Biden is a patriot for stepping aside. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

Now all that’s left for the chef’s kiss is Swift publicly supporting Harris. 

She did not have a reason to support either side, from the normal business standpoint .  But now that Trump is lying about her support for Trump, she has a completely authentic reason to say - “no, I’m not” that is also a defense to her making the statement.  All she has to say is I did not want to become political or get involved until Trump lied about me supporting him.”

IMG_3208.gif.164c124b16d977b0b10e7b5d63b7dd98.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 2

Is it just me, or is this convention lineup really unimpressive? Not that I would have watched much to begin with, but I think the only ones I care about watching at this point are Walz and Harris.

19 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I really wish Bill and Hillary would just go away

I find it interesting/funny that the Bidens and Obamas share the same nights but Bill & Hillary speak on opposite nights. 

16 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I understand that, but doesn't Hilary deserve a "I told y'all" moment?   She was 100% correct about Trump and Trumpkins.

Didn’t she have that opportunity in 2020?  I have no issue with her speaking and find it interesting that Kinzinger is. 

• Hook 'Em 2

What a time to be alive

image.thumb.png.c1fea6f996077e13eaed74c94f4a67d1.png

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Daaaaaammmmmmnnn. I really underestimated the upside to switching candidates. 

At least some of the change in polls is almost certainly people who weren't answering polls before because they were depressed about Biden. (He was polling below what a generic Democratic candidate would poll.) Now there's excitement, and a belief Harris has a chance to win, and more people are responding.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I find it interesting/funny that the Bidens and Obamas share the same nights but Bill & Hillary speak on opposite nights. 

Didn’t she have that opportunity in 2020?  I have no issue with her speaking and find it interesting that Kinzinger is. 

Kinzinger picked his lane awhile back and he’ll possibly lead the party after MAGA dies. He seems like a decent person and doesn’t support all the bullshit that has been going on.  He hates Trump and cares more about the country than party.

• Hook 'Em 6

15 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

Is it just me, or is this convention lineup really unimpressive? Not that I would have watched much to begin with, but I think the only ones I care about watching at this point are Walz and Harris.

Just you. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1