2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

32 minutes ago, royiv said:

Does the AG’s office do any actual real work that benefits the citizens of this state or is it all just political theater funded by the taxpayers? Wait, never mind.

29 minutes ago, The Dog said:

He ain't gonna do shit.

It's purely meat for the MAGAs to try to fire them up.

Yep, this is Paxton's version of "Many people are saying..."  It's just how they deliver their talking points, there is nothing to these "reports" other than his fever dreams

17 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

And they didn't bother to write a platform in 2020. Looks like they put one together this year. It's 28 pages long, with the table of contents on page 10. Also the table of contents doesn't have page numbers.

The real platform is Project 2025 but that's all on the down low.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just one poll so far of ME-02, but UNH did a poll of Maine - 

Harris leads by 17 statewide (Biden won it by 9) and she's up 49-44 in ME-02, which Trump won by 7.44

Again, just one poll but the last time a Dem won Maine by double digits was 2012 (Obama +15) - it was Clinton +3 and Biden +9

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

51 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IMG_4694.thumb.jpeg.2caf13e0b51e5f7a7746d0a007b153b0.jpeg

image.thumb.png.abe86ce09824011e44a585318909d5f2.png

Why would somebody need to register at a booth outside DPS?

I don't know Ken, lets think about that for a minute:

Option 1: Stand in a long line for more than an hour, miss work, talk to a rude asshole, AFTER having to get an appointment days in advance on a glitchy website because you ratfucks have destroyed any sort of civil service that anybody in any other functioning state or country would take for granted; 

or

Option 2: talk to the hippie or mom manning the table outside. Quick, easy, pleasant. 

It really is a mystery, you POS ratfuck. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

38 minutes ago, Chopper said:

What is going on here? Wait, I mean what is the idiot attempting to talk about now?

image.thumb.png.1de9ed261d086d0d96cb6585d249201f.png

F-32s never made it past concept and that concept lost out to Lockhead's F-35 concept. Also, it's hideous. Evidence #34,548,193 that he knows shit all about shit all.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

"We've got these new amazing F-5s too, folks. They're lightning fast. They tell me the plane is there, it disappears for a second, and then appears again further in the sky. It's like they refresh. There's a button you push in the cockpit and - boom - the plane refreshes. And they push the button a lot."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

F-32s never made it past concept and that concept lost out to Lockhead's F-35 concept. Also, it's hideous. Evidence #34,548,193 that he knows shit all about shit all.

Maybe he was talking about something else

F32 is an ICD-10-CM diagnosis code for a depressive episode

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

"We've got these new amazing F-5s too, folks. They're lightning fast. They tell me the plane is there, it disappears for a second, and then appears again further in the sky. It's like they refresh. There's a button you push in the cockpit and - boom - the plane refreshes. And they push the button a lot."

Dude the Lightning is a P-38, the lightning 2 is the F-35  ;)

7 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Sega Rally on Dreamcast was the tits. 

I still have working OG Nintendo, N64, Dreamcast, GameCube, Wii, PS1-5, and OG Xbox. Shit, I need to figure out how to set them all up so my kids can get as addicted as I was to the epic games of yesteryear. Thanks for reminding me Charlie big head!

Edited by HOOKEM4
ousux
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

What happened to change the betting markets?   It’s been 52/48ish Harris for a couple weeks now, now it’s dead even with Trump leading in several gambling sights over night

https://www.realclearpolling.com/betting-odds/2024/president

image.thumb.png.0fa27cb7eb8c89a406459092dc9702ac.png

What’s hard to understand that trump is longer shot to win now and it’s getting more action because you can likely win more if he does somehow win? Trying to correlate an election winner to gamblings odds and movement is not smart 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, royiv said:

Can we start a separate thread for betting? A bunch of people DGAF about these betting markets. 

They literally mean nothing either 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

What happened to change the betting markets?   It’s been 52/48ish Harris for a couple weeks now, now it’s dead even with Trump leading in several gambling sights over night

Maga folks dumping money in, changing the percentages.  Instead of sending in their tithes to whatever Trump is asking for, they are dumping it in online betting parlors to move him ahead of Harris.  They probably think it's a poll they can donate to to give him a better polling average.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

38 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

This is the shit I mentioned earlier re: Paxton’s “investigation” and Drunky McDrunkface.  

Damn, gotta give credit where credit is due. A Republican, in Parker County no less, with a reasoned and well written dismissal of falsehoods regarding supposed fraud. Imagine if more Republicans would come forward and debunk these stupid rumors.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

It’s as accurate barometer as most the polls.   Should people not post polls? 

I don’t think you understand how gambling works. While I won’t claim that polls are accurate, betting markets have zero correlation to polls. People placing bets /= a barometer.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

What happened to change the betting markets?   It’s been 52/48ish Harris for a couple weeks now, now it’s dead even with Trump leading in several gambling sites over night

People who do this are overwhelmingly Republican, and vibes were REALLY bad in that side of the world for the past few weeks.  Nothing has really changed, other than humans tend to find ways to rationalize away bad news when exposed to it for long enough.

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

I don’t think you understand how gambling works. While I won’t claim that polls are accurate, betting markets have zero correlation to polls. People placing bets /= a barometer.

The betting favorite has won every election since they started tracking it, with 2 exceptions Hoover and Trump. 

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

The betting favorite has won every election since they started tracking it, with 2 exceptions Hoover and Trump. 

The betting favorite as of when? Bc it’s August 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

People who do this are overwhelmingly Republican, and vibes were REALLY bad in that side of the world for the past few weeks.  Nothing has really changed, other than humans tend to find ways to rationalize away bad news when exposed to it for long enough.

You are confusing things like PredictIt with actual betting odds.   While yes that average includes it, not all of those sites are “markets” they are straight up wagering lines 

Just now, Js1 said:

The betting favorite as of when? Bc it’s August 

Going into Election Day.  

3 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

And pretty much every election since back in Hoover's day most people knew who was going to win by election day.  JFK, Dubya and Dotard elections were too close to call up until election day, but those are the exceptions.

And yeah, take it to the gambling board or something.  It's stupid.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

You are confusing things like PredictIt with actual betting odds.   While yes that average includes it, not all of those sites are “markets” they are straight up wagering lines 

Going into Election Day.  

Got it. So we have a lifetime left 

3 hours ago, Horn75 said:

Does Kamala have any policies out yet?

What was your previous handle?

This sock doesn't have much HP. It won't take 600 this time. 

But, I'll give you a chance. Go find @immamac thread of highly moderated discussion of why you want to vote GOP. It's already dropping down the list because y'all are too ashamed to actually admit to the reasons why.

I doubt you'll do it. But, there's your fr.ee forum. A safe place to explore your inner political self and share these things.

The question you ask here is not in good faith. You don't want to discuss policy. Tahoe at least gave a drive by of bullshit and would run off without defending it. 

You're just low effort trolling. So take your neg and go find some more HP somewhere or you might have to get out another sock.

• Hook 'Em 6

23 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

And pretty much every election since back in Hoover's day most people knew who was going to win by election day.  JFK, Dubya and Dotard elections were too close to call up until election day, but those are the exceptions.

And yeah, take it to the gambling board or something.  It's stupid.

Don’t forget:

image.jpeg.5d78fc9b64e21c3bdef376be827ffd49.jpeg

48 minutes ago, royiv said:

Damn, gotta give credit where credit is due. A Republican, in Parker County no less, with a reasoned and well written dismissal of falsehoods regarding supposed fraud. Imagine if more Republicans would come forward and debunk these stupid rumors.

Doesn’t really matter, the lie is already halfway around the world by that point.

• Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

From whence are these reports coming?

2 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Drunk-ass Maria Bartiromo, so there’s nothing to it and it’s wasting more money. 

So Bartoromo tweeted some shit about "a friend" going to  the DMV in some Texas shithole, and seeing a crowd of Mexicans across the street being registered to vote.  The local GOP party chair hauled ass down there, and found nothing, and reported that the story was complete bullshit.  So, it checks out that Paxton would piss away some of y'all's money on this fool's errand that's already been shown to be a fabrication from a loon. 

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Sounds like she won't be endorsing.

She was talking about speaking to the terror plot at her Vienna show. She didn't want to provoke more copycats for the London shows. Instead her team worked with British authorities to ensure the shows in London would be safe for everyone. She wasn't going to play the shows unless she could be assured the shows would be safe. She and her team were satisfied so the shows went on as scheduled. I do think it might give her pause but she's endorsed Biden before and she has to answer the AI bullshit Trump pulled. It won't be this week though.

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Horn75 said:

Talk shit about Trump the whole time?

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Well he is the convicted felon twice impeached rapist dictator and autocrat wannabe that they’re running against.

giphy (1) (3).gif

• Hook 'Em 1