2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

PLAY.

THROUGH.

THE FUCKING.

WHISTLE.

And for that matter, be happy and willing to take the penalty on a crushing late hit that knocks them senseless after the play is blown dead.  Because it is fucking worth it.

bVbmBM.gif

• Fuck Around and Find Out 5

The thing I still cannot reconcile is people like Vance and Kennedy and Cruze talking shit about him for years and then line up to suck his dick. Is it all about power ? Cruz is the biggest pussy of them all for doing nothing after Trump called his wife fat. 

• Hook 'Em 6

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The Harris campaign is planning a Labor Day blitz in nearly every battleground. Harris will start Monday in Detroit, before joining President Biden for a joint campaign event in Pittsburgh. Gov. Tim Walz and Gwen Walz will visit Milwaukee. Doug Emhoff will attend an event in Newport News, Virginia.

What does Shapiro’s schedule look like? Is he joining them in Pittsburgh?

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

CBS News just covered the Arlington Cemetery skirmish. Then they moved on to a new Harris campaign ad that ties Trump to Project 2025.

It’s a good ad

• Hook 'Em 1

Amongst all the polls and bluster from both parties, one thing I have been thinking about is the results of the Republican primary. A candidate that dropped out halfway through ended up with 20% (over 4m) of the vote. How does Trump get that back. Sure some will come home but it’s likely hundreds of thousands of voters will not. Let’s look at some of the swing state (TX and FL for S&G) numbers for Haley.

Michigan

297,124 - 26.59%

North Carolina

250,838 - 23.33%

Texas

405,472 - 17.45%

Georgia (W)

77,902 - 13.23%

Arizona (W)

110,966 - 17.77%

Florida (W)

155,560 - 13.86%

Wisconsin (W)

76,841 - 12.72%

Pennsylvania (W)

157,228 - 16.5%

As we have seen in the past 11,000 votes can swing a state. Lots of these will come home but lots are never Trump too. It feels like at the end of the election we should wonder why we ever thought it was close. 

Edited by TexEx15
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Those were prepared remarks? On the teleprompter? 

7cb9346686c4e5abafba794e59c7708d.gif

The cruelty and outrage is a feature not a bug. It’s cosplay.

I imagine myself campaigning, seeing that come up on the prompter, and I break character, laugh, and say she can go to (looks around mischievously) heck!
  • Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I've seen this a couple of times lately and tbh I've never seen a vice president salute. Maybe they do all the time and I've just never seen it. I'm surprised team dotard isn't screaming about the fact that she's not the commander in chief and shouldn't be doing it. Again, maybe it's very common. 

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I've seen this a couple of times lately and tbh I've never seen a vice president salute. Maybe they do all the time and I've just never seen it. I'm surprised team dotard isn't screaming about the fact that she's not the commander in chief and shouldn't be doing it. Again, maybe it's very common. 

Pentagon confirmed there’s no protocol and VPs can do it if they want or not. Both Biden and Pence were photographed saluting but also sometimes not 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

Amongst all the polls and bluster from both parties, one thing I have been thinking about is the results of the Republican primary. A candidate that dropped out halfway through ended up with 20% (over 4m) of the vote. How does Trump get that back. Sure some will come home but it’s likely hundreds of thousands of voters will not. Let’s look at some of the swing state (TX and FL for S&G) numbers for Haley.

Michigan

297,124 - 26.59%

North Carolina

250,838 - 23.33%

Texas

405,472 - 17.45%

Georgia (W)

77,902 - 13.23%

Arizona (W)

110,966 - 17.77%

Florida (W)

155,560 - 13.86%

Wisconsin (W)

76,841 - 12.72%

Pennsylvania (W)

157,228 - 16.5%

As we have seen in the past 11,000 votes can swing a state. Lots of these will come home but lots are never Trump too. It feels like at the end of the election we should wonder why we ever thought it was close. 

19 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Gets to the enthusiasm gap question, which is a surrogate for turnout. 

Sarah Longwell (never Trump focus group guru) says that Harris has completely flipped the enthusiasm gap. I'm so glad Harris-Walz are going to small towns. The big media market stations will still cover Harris or Walz visits in the region. Showing up in rural America is so important to signify that Dems care.

I hope Dems swing through FL when they're in the South next time.

• Hook 'Em 9

10 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Early in her term she opted not to salute, out of respect of her not being in the military or CiC. You can guess how the right wing media reacted to that

Yeah I thought they got pissy because she wasn’t saluting so she started doing it.

Now look….she looks like a fucking pro at it, fucking cucks.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

PLAY.

THROUGH.

THE FUCKING.

WHISTLE.

And for that matter, be happy and willing to take the penalty on a crushing late hit that knocks them senseless after the play is blown dead.  Because it is fucking worth it.

If I'm already taking the 15 yards for a  late hit, imma go ahead and also take a dump on their senseless face. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

It’s easy to forget that many very intelligent, rational people live in rural America. Shit, many of us on this board grew up out in the country. I didn’t, but my dad grew up on farms and in towns of fewer than 1,000 people. His sister and her husband (from the same tiny farm town) are both super liberal. One of the heroes of my dad’s undefeated high school football team is one of the most liberal dudes I know. Of course, they’re outnumbered by a good margin. But they’re not nonexistent.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

No such thing as a victim "pressing charges".  Law Enforcement and prosecutors may consider your wishes as a victim, and particularly whether you'll be a cooperative witness given those wishes, but no one needs a green light to prosecute a crime when evidence exists.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1