2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

41 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The decision reverses a lower court’s ruling that allowed the Green Party to qualify for the Nevada ballot for the first time since 2008. It is also a victory for state Democrats and ensures that only Libertarian Party candidate Chase Oliver will appear as a third-party candidate on Nevada’s presidential ballot after independent Robert F. Kennedy Jr. dropped out of the race last month.

Democrats in multiple states have sued to keep the Green Party off the ballot, fearing dissatisfied left-leaning voters would not vote Democratic if the Green Party was an option. 

However, the affidavit language used by the party is the same as the one recommended by the Nevada Secretary of State’s Office in its guide for minor political parties to qualify for the ballot. The high court’s majority ruled that this error by the state did not absolve the Green Party’s legal obligation to use the right form.

“The Green Party's failure to use the correct circulator affidavit cannot be excused by the Green Party's reliance on the sample petition received from the Secretary,” the opinion states.

In their dissent, Pickering and Herndon were “deeply concerned that our decision today excuses an egregious error by the Secretary of State's office that will result in a significant injustice.”

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/green-party-will-not-appear-on-nevada-presidential-ballot-state-supreme-court-rules

Ah yes, but that's the party that is "saving Democracy."  lolz.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Fucking.  Seriously.  Enough.  Just fucking ENOUGH.  I don't want any crimes committed by anyone.  But of all the horrible things about Donald Trump, the worst thing about him is that he's not dead yet.  His death will be the greatest historical event of my lifetime, and I really don't know if there's even a close second.  He's awful, evil, and irredeemable in every way.  JUST.  FUCKING.  DIE ALREADY.

No. Die after losing the election to a black woman.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ice Cube Movie GIF

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/06/politics/dick-cheney-kamala-harris-president/index.html

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Friday that he will vote for Democrat Kamala Harris over fellow Republican Donald Trump in the November election, warning that the former president “can never be trusted with power again.”

“In our nation’s 248-year history, there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our republic than Donald Trump,” Cheney said in a statement. “He tried to steal the last election using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters had rejected him. He can never be trusted with power again.”

“As citizens, we each have a duty to put country above partisanship to defend our Constitution. That is why I will be casting my vote for Vice President Kamala Harris,” he concluded.

Cheney’s daughter, former Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney, first revealed earlier in the day that her father would be voting for the Democratic ticket during remarks at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin, Texas. The former Republican congresswoman said Wednesday that she would be voting for Harris, citing “the danger that Donald Trump poses.”

—-

Dick Cheney’s support for Harris represents a stunning move for the staunch conservative who was vice president to George W. Bush and a longtime congressman from Wyoming who held several leadership roles in the House Republican Caucus.

The former vice president was critical of his party and Trump in the wake of the January 6 attack. In campaign ads for his daughter’s 2022 reelection effort, he called Trump a “threat to our republic” and a “coward.”

“He tried to steal the last election using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters had rejected him,” Dick Cheney said of the former president in the ad.

His daughter’s outspokenness against Trump and the former president’s efforts to ov

DIck Cheney is the monstrous war criminal of our times who  in any just society would have had his head chopped off by now.   If Kissinger had been capable of blushing Cheney would have made it happen. But it is humorous seeing all the old neoncons tossing their fits at the logical result of their policies coming back to bite their control in the form of the orange baboon.  Lincoln Project another example.  

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

No now would be perfectly fine.

Fine but not optimal, especially for those of us who want to see him suffer. 

8 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

DIck Cheney is the monstrous war criminal of our times who  in any just society would have had his head chopped off by now.   If Kissinger had been capable of blushing Cheney would have made it happen. But it is humorous seeing all the old neoncons tossing their fits at the logical result of their policies coming back to bite their control in the form of the orange baboon.  Lincoln Project another example.  

I don't think it's tossing a fit to recognize an existential threat to democracy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, G650 said:

Dick Cheney voting for a Democrat is not something I ever thought I would see in my life.

43 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

well, admitting it at least. unprecedented times indeed

1 minute ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I thought RFK Jr filming himself telling Roseanne Barr the story of how he killed a bear cub in the country and then drove it into New York City and dumped its carcass in fucking Central Park and then posting it on social media would be the weirdest story of this political season.

Dick Cheney voting for the Democratic nominees, a Black woman no less, has managed to top that.

I did not expect it in my lifetime either.  Romney or George W Bush?  Possibly?  Dick Cheney?  No, although in hindsight, maybe blood is thicker than water with him and he wasn’t going to ignore Trump working to primary his daughter,

Dick Cheney is somebody you can point out to your relatives to help “normalize” Republicans at least not voting for Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Oh lol.  A man who did his best to destory multiple countries, including ours.  Suddenly he has a concious and cares?  OK.

Which is why it’s a bit of a big deal when he of all people is saying the Republican nominee is a threat tot he country.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I thought RFK Jr filming himself telling Roseanne Barr the story of how he killed a bear cub in the country and then drove it into New York City and dumped its carcass in fucking Central Park and then posting it on social media would be the weirdest story of this political season.

Dick Cheney voting for the Democratic nominees, a Black woman no less, has managed to top that.

I did not expect it in my lifetime either.  Romney or George W Bush?  Possibly?  Dick Cheney?  No, although in hindsight, maybe blood is thicker than water with him and he wasn’t going to ignore Trump working to primary his daughter,

Dick Cheney is somebody you can point out to your relatives to help “normalize” Republicans at least not voting for Trump.

If I ever get the opportunity to point at Dick Cheney it will be with two middle fingers while yelling obscenities.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Which is why it’s a bit of a big deal when he of all people is saying the Republican nominee is a threat tot he country.

We maybe disagree on a war criminal's support being the flex it is being made out to be.  Edit:  Sorry.  That's not fair of me.  I get what you're saying.  But  Maga and necons don't get along anyway, and only us oldsters remember him apparently.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Dick Cheney is a huge part of why I left the GOP.

But he’s no libtard in the eyes of MAGA (well he maybe now).

Sure.  I was kind of rude there.  Sorry.  But no sorries for Cheney. Edit: and I still think the most virulent maga don't care about neocons whatsoever.  

• Hook 'Em 1

No one cares, Liz. 

If a tenth of a percent in Pennsylvania care, then I care. Yeah, fuck Cheney and fuck the neocons. Their utter fucking failure of foreign policy created a leadership vacuum that Trump filled. They are the reason dickhead can talk about cutting off support for Ukraine and a decent portion of the population is cool with it. Isolationism is preferable to the neocons neocolonialism. But I will still applaud Dick’s decrepit thumbs up for Kamala, because the possibility of losing this election scares the living shit out of me.
  • Hook 'Em 6

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The fact that I saw the day that dick Cheney is a rino. This man encapsulates all (pre trump) republican values and shoots motherfuckers in the face but now he’s a liberal???? Welp. I’ve seen it all. The fact that children are dying of leukemia but the orange one still lives hurts my brain and my soul 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

It makes perfect sense, because…and follow me here…local law enforcement in the US is a criminal enterprise. They act solely in their own interest. They act as if laws do not apply to them (and they’re mostly right). Contempt for the rule of law and for their fellow Americans? The FOP and Trump are cut from the same cloth.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Yeah, I think that was the group that used to call me for donations in the 90s.  I remember the call center employee telling me I got a sticker that I could on the back of my car.  That it was the sticker that police and the families of police got.  And you know, that couldn't hurt. That's when I realized the cops were shaking me down.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

It makes perfect sense, because…and follow me here…local law enforcement in the US is a criminal enterprise. They act solely in their own interest. They act as if laws do not apply to them (and they’re mostly right). Contempt for the rule of law and for their fellow Americans? The FOP and Trump are cut from the same cloth.

Of course they are, but numbnuts also sent a horde of Beverly hillbillies to beat up and kill many of their brothers. Makes no sense.
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Yeah, I think that was the group that used to call me for donations in the 90s.  I remember the call center employee telling me I got a sticker that I could on the back of my car.  That it was the sticker that police and the families of police got.  And you know, that couldn't hurt. That's when I realized the cops were shaking me down.  

Had a friend at UT that started working for one of those call centers in Austin in the 90’s. He eventually dropped out of school because he was actually making what seemed like a good amount for a 19 year old kid at the time. 

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I'd completely forgotten about those calls but my reaction was the same as yours.

• Hook 'Em 1