2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Dubya is a fucking coward. 

Yeah, plus Trump has been good for his legacy. They forget what an overall crapfest his two terms were and all of the many ways he foreshadowed Trump. If he starts making public statements about Trump, people might start taking a look back at his presidency again and he probably doesn’t want that.

Like what if people start connecting him to the expanded militarization of police forces all around the country and the resulting increase in civilian deaths, or the rise of military grade weaponry in the hands of the citizenry and the concomitant explosion in mass shooting deaths?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

IMG_1781.jpeg

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The replies are priceless.

"They are trying to get the disaffected “Roman who are tired of those illegal Barbarians, Franks, Visigoths, and Picts takng away our jobs” vote!!!"

"Romanes eunt domus"  (for the Monty Python/Life of Brian fans)

"Latin for Latino voters."

!

low blow using the cowboy star !!!!

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Underdog said:

NGL, did that myself while swimming with the granddaughter,didn't want Sea World showing up to try and rescue me. 

How bad could anyone  possibly look that something like that could happen?

(checks board)

Oh.

IMG_20240902_154031_771.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

19 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

This is so cringey. Florida may be closer than we think. Trump wins but man there doesn’t seem to be much enthusiasm for Trump, and Kamala events are raucous.

Abortion, abortion, abortion. It's presence on the ballot in Florida is a massive Republican problem that no one appears to be taking seriously. 

It would be one thing if polling kept showing it in line with every other GOP pol on the ticket. But if it's anywhere close to the 60 percent needed to pass, I have a really hard time thinking that there are that many ticket splitters in that state. 

Also, the fact that open Harris support even exists in areas Trump needs to win 90-10 is telling me that the engine is leaking oil. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know how anyone could write that in good conscience.

How about this one:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/08/politics/kamala-harris-foreign-diplomacy/index.html

Inside Kamala Harris’ yearslong crash course in foreign diplomacy

"Vice President Kamala Harris has met more than 150 world leaders since becoming vice president."

------

When I think of "crash course", I don't think of something that takes years, and a "crash course in foreign diplomacy" seems to be different than meeting "more than 150 world leaders over the last three and a half years".

But I don't know, maybe college degrees are "crash courses" in whatever subject matter you are studying.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"They are trying to get the disaffected “Roman who are tired of those illegal Barbarians, Franks, Visigoths, and Picts takng away our jobs” vote!!!"

!

That is probably a substantial voting block in Gaul.

@RDCanecutter this smells like an opportunity.

Maybe we can get some Celtic and Welsh signs printed up.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I know just who to call.

838_beaujeanasterixhistoire-1-1-1200x675

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

23 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

This is so cringey. Florida may be closer than we think. Trump wins but man there doesn’t seem to be much enthusiasm for Trump, and Kamala events are raucous.

Rick Wilson spilled the beans on X, she and Don Jr are no longer together.  Surprising they still let here hang around in Mar-a-Lago. 

Edited by Haphap
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

10 minutes ago, Haphap said:

Rick Wilson spilled the beans on X, she and Don Jr are no longer together.  Surprising they still let here hang around in Mar-a-Lago. 

I'm sure she has a bunch of dick picks to use as leverage.  

For example: 

Spoiler

RT-donald-trump-jr-jpo-170712_16x9_1600.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Haphap said:

Every member is rich enough just to throw sofa change at Kim for her Remora  lips sessions. 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's actually the first thing that MAGA (singular MAGVM) have done that I respect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

!

sic semper panthera

• Drool 1

On 9/7/2024 at 9:53 PM, Jive Turkey said:

HuZUCQa.gif.d678ea914a4cec056391858828a6537a.gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

Hang on…Ice Cube is MAGA?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/ice-cube-celebrities-rappers-embracing-trump-personal-decision

Rapper and actor Ice Cube thinks voting for Trump or Biden will come down to a "personal decision" for most Americans, despite indications that the former president is receiving an influx of influential supporters — including some in the entertainment industry.

"I think it's a personal decision. I don't know if they care if any rappers or entertainers get up there and say anything. It's really a personal decision," he told FOX Business' Maria Bartiromo on Monday.

"People know who Trump is. People know who Biden is. They're going to make their decision no matter who gets up there and pushes whatever agenda they want," he continued.

-----

Scrolling through Twitter a couple of weeks ago, I came across a clip of rightwing commentator Tucker Carlson interviewing a face I never thought I’d see on his platform: Ice Cube.

As in Fuck Tha Police Ice Cube.

“What planet am I on right now?” I found myself thinking.

On 9/7/2024 at 9:53 PM, Jive Turkey said:

That is some weird imagery and set lighting. 

This shit is going around - there were some legal Haitian immigrants who showed up in a few places around the US (including apparently Alabama) for work and Republicans are losing their shit, being the good Christians that they are.

Carlos posts on Surly I believe, but don't remember his handle.

45 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

We here in Alabama are surprisingly similar to the US in several ways.

The structuring of this sentence, along with its veiled message, is perhaps the most genius short phrase I've ever seen as an effective and disarming response to an outsider making anthropological observations related to the South, Texas, or wherever your corner of the woods is located.

For example: "We here in the Republic of Texas are surprisingly similar to the US in several ways."

Or better yet: "We Texans are surprisingly similar to you Americans in several ways."

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, F250 said:

I would love to hear his thoughts on the Immaculate Conception.

It was a great catch. A lot of people say it was the greatest catch of all time. Some football players came up to me last week. Big, strong football guys. They said, "Mr. President, it was the greatest catch we have ever seen. But we think you could have made that catch."

• Haha 4

I don't believe so. I think it's the same rules as the last debate. I'm very leery about this. I know a lot of people think she'll mop the floor with him but I think it will be like Hillary's debate with him where he will be able to say and do whatever he wants. She will have emphasis placed on any times she shows anger or disgust with what he says. I'm fully prepared for the media to can't win her while letting him be the utter pig he is with no discussion about it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I don't believe so. I think it's the same rules as the last debate. I'm very leery about this. I know a lot of people think she'll mop the floor with him but I think it will be like Hillary's debate with him where he will be able to say and do whatever he wants. She will have emphasis placed on any times she shows anger or disgust with what he says. I'm fully prepared for the media to can't win her while letting him be the utter pig he is with no discussion about it. 

During her opening statement she needs to say something along the lines of, “Donald is going to lie so much during this debate that unfortunately I will not have the time to fact check him and provide my own response. Therefore, I encourage you all to follow along live at (website) where we will fact Trump live during the debate”… then she doesn’t have to devote time or energy to his nonsense. Just a quick “that was a lie so make sure you checkout our website for the facts” and keep moving.

Edited by TexEx15
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2